• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

The pre-order costumes better be included, I hate that exclusive shit.

Those stupid rabbit outfits? I got my "rabbit" codes just from buying off the shelf (JB Hifi here in Aus) but Im not excited about them. I dont know why TN picked the absolute WORST suits in all of DoAX2 to use in DoA5. Though I guess lisas Leopard suit was decent.

th_zack_lisa16.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I actually searched for this and now it is hard to believe no one has uploaded it. I wanted to watch a video of all of the stage interactive Izuna drops through the years. Wanted to see someone get dropped into that car in DoAU2 :(

I just tried to search for a lobby but the cog just keeps on spinning, with NO back/cancel button? The fuck, must I quit the whole game?

It is, but the gameplay feels aged next to DOA4, so next to DOA5 it's probably really bad.

Graphics have aged superbly though.

I'll just try to find all of them cheap somewhere. :)

Okay played arcade and 12 online matches (lobby)
Runs perfectly smooth online
This game is fun as hell!
The visuals are amazing
There are enough people online and I hope that will still be the case in the next few months.

But: If your opponent has a bad connection there will be heavy lags. But that's just normal I guess.

12 online fights, 11 without lags, 1 with a bad connection.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The visuals are amazing
There are enough people online and I hope that will still be the case in the next few months.

But: If your opponent has a bad connection there will be heavy lags. But that's just normal I guess.

Yays enjoy the game sir :)

The visuals are amazing

PS3 or 360? Are the platforms on par when it comes to performance and netcode? I'm not sure which version to get.

Shadybiz

The visuals are amazing

Nice! I decided to take the day off today, so I will probably be on later, about 1:00 maybe, if you happen to be home.

I finished the story mode last night. Damn that was dumb, but at least it's done. I found myself forgoing some of the bonuses, because I just wanted to get through it.

Timezone?
I'm from EU :D

I have the PS3 version btw. Didn't know the install is optional (improved loading times?)
So, the netcode is ok I guess. If you fight against someone with a bad connection (red symbol) you will have lags. Otherwise it runs great.
Didn't touch the story mode yet.
Had one ranked match....and won...lol I'm a total beginner

Mr_eX

Was playing with a few people online last night. Every match with one guy was 100% perfect with no lag but when he tries to join anyone from his friends list his game locks up. Every game with guy #2 was super laggy but it turned out he just had really bad internet, he said his download speed was only 1mb so his upload is probably even worse. Last guy had weird input lag with random spikes, he had fiber Internet with 150mb down and 70mb up so the lag doesn't make much sense. I wonder if was some router issues causing the problems.

Uthred

CE pre-order arrived from Gamestop, it came with the code to redeem the swimsuits but how does one get the bunny costumes?

Dany

Banned
Default rules sohuld be 3 rounds w/ largest health. Or if I created a custom lobby, then it should remember my set up.

Also, this game never remembers that I want Japanese voices, not English, it gets annoying.

Just got Tina's rare swimsuit costume. After beating the arcade mode on legendary 7 times I still didn't get it then on my 8th try I was able to beat it without using one continue and I got it. Was well worth it ;p

Yep the best way to do it is to keep on doing the back flip (Back+Punch +kick) then when it hits just follow it up with a ground hold quickly. rinse and repeat.

You can still do it with using continues but you only have 30 percent of getting the costume.
Some people on Gamefaqs said it took them 9 times to get it another said he got it on his first try.

segarr

I'm still looking to trade an Amazon ‘DOA Devils’ black bunny swimsuits code for a Gamestop Angel Bunnies swimsuits code. PS3 version. Let me know if anyone can help me.

Skilletor

I'm still looking to trade an Amazon ‘DOA Devils’ black bunny swimsuits code for a Gamestop Angel Bunnies swimsuits code. PS3 version. Let me know if anyone can help me.

I don't think I've used my ps3 code yet. If not, I'll trade you.

I'll let you know after I get home.

I'm still looking to trade a Gamestop ‘DOA Angels’ white bunny swimsuits code for an Amazon Devils Bunnies swimsuits code. 360 version. Let me know if anyone can help me.

Went through Arcade on Legend seven times last night, trying to unlock that elusive Tina swimsuit. No luck yet, guess I should try to do it without continues.

Ill do it but i'm still waiting on ebgames to email me my code. They said it should be sent within the next 24 hours

Dantis

Story mode is great fun. It's pretty much the same as DOA4, but with more scenes. Kokoro's scene with Jann Lee, where it recreates the DOA4 scene, is amazo. I love stuff like that.

My copy of the CE finally made it to my PO Box... And it will stay there until Monday as I can't go get it at lunch today; lunch with the boss....

Damn it, I want my bunny Kasumi!

Will there be anyone playing this online two weeks from now? I need to spend at least a week in training mode to knock the rust off of my crappy combos.

Levito

Banned
Anyone else on PS3 noticing a little bit of freezing during arcade mode? Sometime the game freezes for a second in the middle of a fight, really annoying.

Top Bottom