• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Dantis

Soooo... I've pretty much played this non-stop since I got back at half 4, and it's now 11:44. So just over seven hours? That's the most I've played a single game in a day in a looooong time.

Also, those who finished story mode:
Muramasa's
cameo. Pretty neat, right?

Oh, and I thought the soundtrack in the story mode was actually rather good. Haven't really been listening in the other modes. Does Let's Get It ever actually play in the game? It's a great song, but it seems to just be on the OST.

Oh wow you can move the camera EVERYWHERE while watching online matches ...this is awesome

No way, can't believe I didn't find out about that yet. Great find!

Soooo... I've pretty much played this non-stop since I got back at half 4, and it's now 11:44. So just over seven hours? That's the most I've played a single game in a day in a looooong time.
Yeah, I actually put in 12 non-stop hours the first day. Got 20 hours in total so far, 2 of them being spent online.

KSai

Also, those who finished story mode:
Muramasa's
cameo. Pretty neat, right?

Muramasa for Ninja Gaiden 4! Slice and dice. He uses the draw sword technique so that would be totally badass. I liked that style in Samurai Western.

Or even, Muramasa vs. Gen Fu in DOA6.

Though an extremely minor gripe, why the hell do TN insist on calling Ryu "Hayabusa' in the DOA series? Everyone else has their first name used....so why single him out?

Though an extremely minor gripe, why the hell do TN insist on calling Ryu "Hayabusa' in the DOA series? Everyone else has their first name used....so why single him out?

I wonder about this myself, but I think it's like ubercheez said, there's a very well known fighting game Ryu already.

I'd say they should just use his whole name.

Skilletor

He feels an awful lot slower, and a lot of his moves are either missing, more limited or have more complex inputs.

Did you watch the tourney? He's got guardcrushes into guaranteed attacks. He's got transitions into a stance that make you guess since you can't attack because of a ninpo counter. He's got an airthrow that he can combo into. He's still got izuna drop combos. He's got juggles that do damage no matter the launch height. He still has many of his strings that make you guess mid/low, into a stance that makes you guess, into an attack from that stance that launches you, into the airthrow he can combo, and the airthrow launches you into exploding things, and then he gets another juggle.

He's ridiculous as he's ever been.

Different =/= nerfed

Probably because Ryu is a pretty common videogame name and Hayabusa isn't. My take, anyway.

Did you watch the tourney? He's got guardcrushes into guaranteed attacks. He's got transitions into a stance that make you guess since you can't attack because of a ninpo counter. He's got an airthrow that he can combo into. He's still got izuna drop combos. He's got juggles that do damage no matter the launch height. He still has many of his strings that make you guess mid/low, into a stance that makes you guess, into an attack from that stance that launches you, into the airthrow he can combo, and the airthrow launches you into exploding things, and then he gets another juggle.

He's ridiculous as he's ever been.

Different =/= nerfed

Yup, basically this.

Good ol' TN. :D

Skilletor

20120928_120821.jpg

Tired of recording stuff with my phone. :p

Mesharey

Just unlocked Christie's rare costume by spamming Hayabusa's P+K+left (L2 or LT and 4) without continue, I'm not even good by using him.

Mesharey

Also I just unlocked Tina's swimsuit by spamming Ryu's P+K4, I won 7 matches then lost against her twice but still got it.
It's very easy and you don't even need to learn the game or watch the other character, spam P+K and left. :p

Arksy
there's DLC in 2/10 costume pack, it could be pre order costumes or something else.

Just started playing today (360 version).

Man, I suck. Getting used to everything, but still trying to figure out hold timing. My only real DOA experience was Dimensions.

Also I just unlocked Tina's swimsuit by spamming Ryu's P+K4, I won 7 matches then lost against her twice but still got it.
It's very easy and you don't even need to learn the game or watch the other character, spam P+K and left. :p

Arksy
there's DLC in 2/10 costume pack, it could be pre order costumes or something else.

That double palm strike? Didn't work for me :(

I can't even unlock Legendary difficulty. The CPU turns me into soup on the harder difficulties no matter what I do.

Mesharey

That double palm strike? Didn't work for me :(

I can't even unlock Legendary difficulty. The CPU turns me into soup on the harder difficulties no matter what I do.
Yes, the "hadoken" one. :p

It works in Legend, but I don't know about other difficulties, finished the rest with Hitomi and Ayane.

Finished Story Mode earlier today. Not bad

Would have been nice to use all the DOA fighters in it though.

I hope Lisa didn't bite it in the end

DR2K

Banned

Arksy

Hah got Tina and Chrsitie's on the first try because of this. The only character it didn't work against was Akira, his Ai is set to auto block.

Yes, the "hadoken" one. :p

It works in Legend, but I don't know about other difficulties, finished the rest with Hitomi and Ayane.

I had more luck just mashing simple combos (because I have no idea what I'm doing with Ryu) on Champ, haha. God, I'm terrible at this game.

If I ever manage to unlock Legend I'll try it again.

Ken

Arksy

Do you have to play online to unlock costumes?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When creating a private match lobby you can have up to 16 players. Anyone in the room, yourself included, can just remain a spectator as long as you like, and at any point switch to being a fighter and get put into the rotation for matches. You can kick people out of your room as host.

Except you can't kick them out if you're committed to battle. Last I checked once you commit to battle, you can't back out.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Can't seem to connect to any ranked matches, but I can connect to the ones in the lobby. WTF? Why the hell did TN make it so that you can't rank up in lobby. Man I miss DOA4's online setup.

TheSeks

Story Mode:

Lei-Fang vs Jann-Lee

Round 1

me: THIS STAGE IS TIGHT AS HELL!!!

FIGHT!

it's just a cutscene...

me: disappointed

LMAO, I know. Talk about a cock tease. If that stage makes it DLC I'd OMG so hard I'd fly to the moon.

(But there'd be no side-stepping. It'd basically be a 2D fighting game level in a 3D fighting game.)

DR2K

Banned
Yeah the survival mode one is straight up bull shit. You have to beat champ, then true fighter, then master, and that will finally unlock legendary which you then have to beat to unlock Lisa's costume. You can't even lose once and there's no tag mode in DOA5.

TheSeks

Yeah the survival mode one is straight up bull shit. You have to beat champ, then true fighter, then master, and that will finally unlock legendary which you then have to beat to unlock Lisa's costume. You can't even lose once and there's no tag mode in DOA5.

Huh? I could swear I saw a tag mode for survival...?

Mesharey

7 years of playing DOA4, I finished survival solo once, and twice I lost against no. 99, I'm not going to touch it for a long time in DOA5. I don't want to experience that feeling again ! NERVOUS !!

Grisby

Took to the online tonight. Mila came back with 2 wins and 1 loss. Hint of lag but still fine.

Mila ia hard to use though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder how are the sales for the game going. Hopefully they are good I havent been hooked in a game like this in some good time.

Squire

Banned
I wonder how are the sales for the game going. Hopefully they are good I havent been hooked in a game like this in some good time.

It'll probably tank in all honesty. Their goal is 1m units sold world wide though. That seems reachable. But I don't they'll be close to that even after only s month.

Top Bottom