• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Jeff-DSA

There were frequent outfit updates in DOA Dimensions. I hope this turns out to be the same for this game.

I imagine that they will, especially if they charge for them and people pay. Dimensions was awesome with the free updates, but I can see them charging on consoles.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
We decided to get the guide despite it not having stance information. Hope I get better at the game soon!

Endo Punk

Will there be more free DLC costume packs?

Finally getting the hang of the gameplay and getting better with Brad Wong. Online play so far is just all over the place, same region matches are fine but otherwise it's either horrible lag or minor. Really hope it gets fixed because I'm digging the gameplay a lot and just love seeing the stage interactions.

I picked this game up over the weekend and I am really enjoying it so far.

If anyone wants to hit up a guy who hasn't touched DOA since the Dreamcast my XBL Gamertag is "gekijmo5" I am sure I will be easy pickings since I don't know any of the move list for the DoA characters.

Online was a bit sluggish for me on Sunday but I only played a couple of matches.

The VF cross over was the biggest reason I picked up this game and I have been maining Akira since I unlocked him. I have been finding the experience most enjoyable. There seems to be a lot more leeway with his SPoD and the 1 Frame Knee compared to Final Showdown.

I think I will have to switch up my character sooner or later since Akira's linear attacks seem to limit my options for high lows that can track a side stepping opponent.

I noticed that there was a Mila infinite with hitting the opponent of the ground. Unless the AI is really bad at teching and recovering it seems to fall for that with Akira as well. I haven't gone too much depth into that though.

Squire

Banned
Will there be more free DLC costume packs?

Finally getting the hang of the gameplay and getting better with Brad Wong. Online play so far is just all over the place, same region matches are fine but otherwise it's either horrible lag or minor. Really hope it gets fixed because I'm digging the gameplay a lot and just love seeing the stage interactions.

Slim chance. It wouldn't surprise if one more pack was free, but don't at all hold your breath.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Classic Bayman in game:

CtdBz.gif

Someone needs to alert TTOB, seriously.

Miburou

Wow, I really wasn't expecting to enjoy this game much. Although I've bought all the DoA games released on consoles, the only one I really played was 2 back in the DC days. But I'm really digging this, and Mila is a pretty cool character to play with. Maybe it's all due to SFIV that I'm enjoying fighting games now more than in the previous 7+ years (TTT2 is the first Tekken I really enjoyed since 3).

one_kill

Is this game beginner friendly? In terms of 3D fighting games, I found TTT2 hard to understand, but I was quite happy with SCV.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is this game beginner friendly? In terms of 3D fighting games, I found TTT2 hard to understand, but I was quite happy with SCV.

It is very pick up and play. There is obviously some things to learn but its not hard to learn.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Yes, I think it is. It's very fluid, only 3 buttons like Virtua Fighter. Not as technical as VF, easier to get up and running. The story mode does have 'missions' in each fight that act as small tutorials for the basic game concepts and control system.

It is easier to learn the basics than SCV in my opinion.

Esura

Banned
Question for those who got the CE? Do anyone keep their games inside the steel case or do they sit the game + regular case separate from the CE? Its a pain swapping it out when I want to play other games. Its the same with my SCV CE.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Question for those who got the CE? Do anyone keep their games inside the steel case or do they sit the game + regular case separate from the CE? Its a pain swapping it out when I want to play other games. Its the same with my SCV CE.

I keep the game case with my other games but the artbook, OST and Poster they stay on the Steel Case on a safe place.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

If it's something I'm playing right now on rotation, I keep the game case by the TV and place all the collectible goodies on my library shelves. If I begin playing it less, I'll stick it back in the CE case on the shelf until I feel the urge to play it again.

Ah, classic Bayman. This game probably has the best set of costumes for Bayman so far, now just give him a shirtless & swimsuit alt and I'm good.

Yeah! Just beat Survival mode with Lisa... on Champ difficulty.
I was really hoping something was lost in translation and I could tell you guys that beating champ is all you need to get her amazing suit. But I cant, unfortunately.

DR2K

Banned
Yeah! Just beat Survival mode with Lisa... on Champ difficulty.
I was really hoping something was lost in translation and I could tell you guys that beating champ is all you need to get her amazing suit. But I cant, unfortunately.

No sir, you have the beat all the hard modes then legendary mode.

Galdelico

Jesus, I played the game til 2 am last night... Now I'm working and I feel so tired... Photoshop looks so blurred. :D

I felt a bit underwhelmed by all the negative impressions but I genuinely loved it and so much enjoyed my first session. I met a dude online on the PSN (SIRsomething... sounded like SIRhayate but not Hayate, something else I can't remember now and I forgot to register him) and we had around 15 perfect matches: both DoA5 newbies but he was really good and fun to play against. If you're a gaffer, thank you. ^_-

Finally ventured onto online matches earlier

Noticed some lag in one match in particular but it was a lobby match I was spectating

Even managed to win one simple match and one ranked match w/Christie so I'm happy about that

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I suck so much. :( Then again online lag artists from Japan throw me off.

louie

Kokoro's new stance thingy is such bullshit. And does here 66p grant advantage? I couldn't do anything against her when I blocked it. God I hate that character.

DR2K

Banned
I love how the game still rewards you with the points in ranked even though the other guy rage quits. Should be a standard in all fighting games.

Kokoro's new stance thingy is such bullshit. And does here 66p grant advantage? I couldn't anything against her when I blocked it. God I hate that character.

-4 on block. So she's safe from throw punishment, but just about anything you do should beat her out if she continues her offense.

Dantis

So the stages have really grown on me. I love all the different levels on them, amd the interaction is amazing. Home and Dragon Temple are my favourites.

louie

-4 on block. So she's safe from throw punishment, but just about anything you do should beat her out if she continues her offense.

Hmm, must have been the lag then. I swear I couldn't even beat her follow-up attack with Eliot's 7p.

Got to level 99 and lost to Akira. He was a brick wall. Blocked pretty much all my attacks and countered. He is the hardest level 10 to fight IMO.
I was just unlucky to get him as a final boss, I guess.

i really want to attempt survival mode, but man, arcade and time attack are such bullshit once you get to hard... it's the opposite of fun, can't imagine doing that against 92 more opponents than before.

Jucksalbe

Banned
is there no way to cheese those modes yet? fighting against a cheating cpu is no fun.

Best I found is doing 1P+K (is that how you write it?) over and over with Lei Fang. That at least helped me to clear Legend Arcade Mode with no continues. But I don't think it will get you through Legend Survival Mode.

Top Bottom