• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

There are too many variables in Survival mode because of the sheer number of enemies to just use one move, IMO. One fuck up, and it can all end in tears :'(
Lisa is working well for me at the moment on True Fighter difficulty (made it to wave 93 and 99) so Im sure she can clear this difficulty, with her insane combo damage doing most of the work.
Im wondering if Bass might be a better choice though. I dont know anything about him but i'd imagine he has more stamina and potentially more damaging combos. Not to mention his lack of float-iness may make him immune to some AI combos/juggles.

Mr_eX

Played on the live stream again last night
http://www.twitch.tv/peacefuljay/b/334205188. I start fighting at around 8:40:00. If any of you are familar with the DOA tournament scene you might know of Raansu, he starts playing at around 9:13:00. After a few games we just started picking random. We found out that one of Bass' taunts will actually hit the other player in one of the fights.

louie

Jesus, people getting salty as fuck when playing against Eliot. I just had a guy wish death on my whole family.

Vossler

Just watched a DOA4 video where it says "congrats on the xenon launch" on a billboard lol.

Yep, that was the same stage where you could get trucked by passing cars. In the USA version it says CONGRATS on XBOX360 launch......we need some of these DOA4 stages, now that I think about it.

xion4360

Any opportunity I get I now go for Eliot's 236H+P into some long juggle. That seems to get the hate flowing.

I used to get tons of hate messages playing DOA4 on XBL, but I have yet to get a single one on PSN. Generally people seem more relaxed, but maybe I just need some time to find the raging lunatics.

Just watched a DOA4 video where it says "congrats on the xenon launch" on a billboard lol.

Pre release trailers had that. the final game says XBOX 360.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Japan First Week

[PS3] Dead or Alive 5 # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} (¥8.190) - 66.586 / NEW
[360] Dead or Alive 5 # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} (¥8.190) - 14.811 / NEW

For comparison

[PS3] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.980) - 62.630 / NEW
[360] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.980) - 5.000 / NEW

Edit: I got only 1 hate message and it was because I did a big ass combo and connected a Power Blow with Christie.

Endo Punk

Oh my... the Lisa swimsuit (@3@) It doesn't leave anything to the imagination.

I have yet to play ranked matches and will wait until it's patched for smooth play. The lag can be downright fierce.

Having a hard time to play with anyone but Brad, just love his play style. Once Im satisfied I will prob move on to Jan Lee. The muscle memory is slowing returning.

Endo Punk

Japan First Week

[PS3] Dead or Alive 5 # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} (¥8.190) - 66.586 / NEW
[360] Dead or Alive 5 # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} (¥8.190) - 14.811 / NEW

For comparison

[PS3] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.980) - 62.630 / NEW
[360] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.980) - 5.000 / NEW

Wow is this the first time DOA outsold Tekken in Japan?

Dantis

Both outsold by P4A. Bow down to Chie and her steak powers.

Pretty sure both will sell more overall though. P4A's sales absolutely died after the first week and it bombed in the US (And it never even got released in the EU).

Also, I hate that Chie has become associated with steak because of Arena. Eurgh, that game. So much mad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also, I hate that Chie has become associated with steak because of Arena. Eurgh, that game. So much mad.

lolwutpear.jpg

Are you serious? She was associated with steak since P4.

Endo Punk

I don't have the patience to do legend mode in Survival to unlock swimsuits, is there any trick way or move that can help me get through all the challenges? In the past games the unblockable Jan Lee Dragon kick served me well, will that work? Or is there another character and/or move better for the job?

Vazra

I don't have the patience to do legend mode in Survival to unlock swimsuits, is there any trick way or move that can help me get through all the challenges? In the past games the unblockable Jan Lee Dragon kick served me well, will that work? Or is there another character and/or move better for the job?

You can always try him. Hayabusa <- p+k works decently if you know how to work it.

Vazra

You gotta get good at shoving a single technique down their throat repeatedly. That's a good way to get the salt flowing.

Bass' ground pickup bullshit over and over usually gets the job done for me.

Somehow people cant seem to counter my Christie that well online. Bless the input lag and her quick moves. LOL

Vazra

My first night online I couldn't even counter her 6ppp.

Would you believe that most of the people I play with havent gotten the timing for that one?

Still when someone does attack me online my counter timing is kinda shitty :/

F U INPUT LAG ! LOL

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hate the Persona rpgs.

lolwutpear.jpg

GET OUT. >:|

Mr_eX said:
They could also just be really bad at the game.

I dunno, I've always had trouble timing holds/counters. Even if you know the timing of them I mash out Hold and still eat an attack (and since I held during a stun I can't re-hold/counter)

Skilletor

lolwutpear.jpg

GET OUT. >:|

Sorry, man. I have no interest in running around as school kids doing school day activities. Tried to play P3 twice and the setting got on my nerves the entire time.

I also think the music is horrible. Volume all the way down.

I can usually see the appeal of games even if I don't like them, but I don't get what people like about the series. Aside from the art. That shit is ace.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sorry, man. I have no interest in running around as school kids doing school day activities. Tried to play P3 twice and the setting got on my nerves the entire time.

I also think the music is horrible. Volume all the way down.

I can usually see the appeal of games even if I don't like them, but I don't get what people like about the series. Aside from the art. That shit is ace.

I can appreciate not liking the school setting, though I do like the games.

But music - Aigis' theme in P4 Arena is some hot stuff. And the soundtrack in general is highly produced, fits the visuals and mood perfectly.

Skilletor

I can appreciate not liking the school setting, though I do like the games.

But music - Aigis' theme in P4 Arena is some hot stuff. And the soundtrack in general is highly produced, fits the visuals and mood perfectly.

Probably why I don't like it, lol.

But P4A is a great fighter. :D

zlatko

Banned
Elliot makes my head hurt. He feels so damn safe and just wrecks shop with massive damage.

Last night was 50-50 split on good matches and laggy ones. I don't feel my opponent is lagging when the lag occurs either, as I'll see them easily do holds against me and keep the damage coming, while I'm underwater. :(

Vazra

He just needs something to make him look slightly more like Justin Bieber.

Eliot_3.jpg

Make the hoodie purple and give him a hat. Problem solved.

Top Bottom