• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Fuck the in game swimsuits. I tried the Hayabusa and Lei Fang method, Lisa combo but nothing works. The AI is savage on Legend, completely cruel and heartless.

Can someone tell me what the Lei Fang, Lisa, and Hayabusa methods are?

Anyone up for some online games on PSN? basic_element is my id.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
eliot is so weird with his robotic movement, especially in his victory pose. jann lee looks wrong as well. not cool TN.

btw, this thread is dead.
Well, I stopped posting because of online play. I've tried everything, but it just isn't working for me. You can only do so much in training mode.

daydream

Banned
I don't play a lot of fighting games, but I picked this up having read that it's comparatively beginner friendly. Played about 12 hours of it and I'm really enjoying it, probably because it's not riddled with unnecessary special gauges and fifty on-screen bars.

The story is lacking and I can imagine how disappointing it must be for DoA veterans. For me, it was a helpful tutorial interspersed with some amusing chapters (mainly the ones that have nothing to do with DOATEC).

Now fix the online.

Mesharey

I love using my arcade stick for this game but I find it annoying that I cant move the camera around during win/loss poses.
You can move it, I don't remember exactly how, maybe press Y and move the left stick to move the camera and right stick to zoom.

Maybe you mean when you are using the arcade stick ?

Endo Punk

The AI must of had an off day because I managed to unlock both Christie and Tina's swimsuits using mostly Ryu's 7P then 8K flying kick. It gives me some hope that I can unlock Lisa's but still.... I need to get through 300 fights before Legend is unlocked and then a further 100. That's asking far too much for such an insignificant item of clothing.

eliot is so weird with his robotic movement, especially in his victory pose. jann lee looks wrong as well. not cool TN.

btw, this thread is dead.

Gonna have to disagree about Jann, he has never looked better.

The AI must of had an off day because I managed to unlock both Christie and Tina's swimsuits using mostly Ryu's 7P then 8K flying kick. It gives me some hope that I can unlock Lisa's but still.... I need to get through 300 fights before Legend is unlocked and then a further 100. That's asking far too much for such an insignificant item of clothing.

eight best of three rounds in a row or five tag matches in a row aren't even the same sport as one hundred consecutive single rounds with 50% health regen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They really should just give you an "unlock the costume achievement and have all the outfits" DLC key. It may be shameful but at this point asking players to do 100+ rounds in survival on Legend is just insane for digital pixels that sexualize the girls.

Insignificant? Its possibly the greatest outfit in the history of fighting games! :)
Legend Survival is the same as Champ Survival IMO. If you can beat one, you can beat the other.

raven777

1350255967-hitomi.jpg

from doaworld

Loona

They really should just give you an "unlock the costume achievement and have all the outfits" DLC key. It may be shameful but at this point asking players to do 100+ rounds in survival on Legend is just insane for digital pixels that sexualize the girls.

I think it's fine to have people work hard or pay for those - I just wish they didn't count for the "every outfit" titles...

TheSeks

I think it's fine to have people work hard or pay for those - I just wish they didn't count for the "every outfit" titles...

That's fine with me as well since Title's don't matter. But asking someone to unlock outfits and having an achievement for it and having some of the outfits behind 100 fights of frame-reading/input-reading AI is stupid as hell.

Loona

That's fine with me as well since Title's don't matter.

They do to unlock Alpha-152...

I usually don't mind the process in most games, but I wish they'd taken the Namco approach and let any kind of match add up to the gradual unlocking of everything (with the possible exception of the bikinis, they're not helping the game's reputation). For this it involves doing way too many things, several of them repeated with more characters than I feel like using, which detracts from mastering any one of them.

That's fine with me as well since Title's don't matter. But asking someone to unlock outfits and having an achievement for it and having some of the outfits behind 100 fights of frame-reading/input-reading AI is stupid as hell.

So... the achievement and costume should be easy to get? The characters that are unlocked I could see some argument against, but they're also really easy to unlock. Costumes don't affect the gameplay itself, so I'm perfectly fine with this. It's like opening a piece of custom equipment in Tekken that's really hard to get.

TheSeks

So... the achievement and costume should be easy to get? The characters that are unlocked I could see some argument against, but they're also really easy to unlock. Costumes don't affect the gameplay itself, so I'm perfectly fine with this. It's like opening a piece of custom equipment in Tekken that's really hard to get.

Given the same achievement is pretty much a grind achievement in DOA4? Yes. I dunno what they were thinking putting some of the outfits behind Legend Survival but it's stupid.

In fact, if they still want it to be a "stupid hard" achievement, make the outfits CONFIRMED UNLOCKS FOR THE CHARACTERS in Legend mode. Boom, done. Because instead of retrying over and over and over and over against move-reading AI for 100+ fights in a row, you simply try for 8(?) stages like DOA4. Hard and you have to continue to do it but it's do-able and if you put in the effort of going against move reading AI for hours for stages at time you'd eventually get it.

Alastor Mused

Neo Member
I agree with TheSeks, Considering you have to lame it out spamming a knockdown attack over and over to "glitch" the AI isn't really rewarding in it's self. You can't legitimately fight the AI cus this game is based off of mind games and the AI has no mind so versus the AI it comes down to a simple % chance and the number seems pretty high in all respects (counters, mixups, throws etc). It becomes a lottery draw in order to achieve the costume; multiply that by 100 [rounds] and it's not something to look forward to. The achievement could be "earned" but the costume should be sold if someone is willing to pay for it.

TheSeks

Hitomi is the only character who distracts me in her bikini, brown rice and beans didn't miss her.

Wait, the bunny outfit? Because I unlocked "all outfits for Hitomi" today and there is no other Bikini.

And that outfit is weak as hell. I was hyped for it but it's too fuzzy/furry and kinda looks off.

They do to unlock Alpha-152...

That's nice, but I don't play naked translucent Kasumi. So yeah...

Seriously though: I don't get how unlocking all the outfits went from "okay, kinda a grind" to "OMG NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE!" in game-design decisions. :/ I mean I get the idea of "skimpy outfits should be rewarded with hard work," but insane AI-read-your-moves work? REALLY?

Loona

And that outfit is weak as hell. I was hyped for it but it's too fuzzy/furry and kinda looks off.

It looks like a play on the german side of her family - I prefer her more tomboyish stuff, but this at least makes more sense than the clown suit, and if you care about cleavage there's no shortage of that...

TheSeks

It looks like a play on the german side of her family - I prefer her more tomboyish stuff, but this at least makes more sense than the clown suit, and if you care about cleavage there's no shortage of that...

I'm talking the bunny outfit, not this new one that's a repeat of the DOA4 outfit.

Honestly, I'd rather have her default Jean Jacket and Jeans/Black Boot DOA3 outfit over any of her DOA4's with the sole exception of the "H" green jacket and cut-off jean short outfit of 4's.

matmanx1

Played some story mode today after being out of town for a few days and got up to Chapter 32. I'm not a big fighting game fan but I'm finding DOA 5 to be fun and fairly accessible and of course hugely entertaining.

There are probably some mission objectives that I will never complete but the actual story progression isn't bad. Once I get through that if I'm feeling frosty I might actually pick a character and try some online play.

DR2K

Banned
Wait, the bunny outfit? Because I unlocked "all outfits for Hitomi" today and there is no other Bikini.

That's nice, but I don't play naked translucent Kasumi. So yeah...

Seriously though: I don't get how unlocking all the outfits went from "okay, kinda a grind" to "OMG NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE!" in game-design decisions. :/ I mean I get the idea of "skimpy outfits should be rewarded with hard work," but insane AI-read-your-moves work? REALLY?

The CE one, she has some wide child bearing hips.

Mesharey

If you press or hold down A, B ,X or Y buttons after you KO'd the opponent, you can trigger different winning poses for each characters.
From GameFAQs, will try it. n_n

Not all characters has 1 more winning animation.

Edit: Maybe it works for intro animation ? I will try it later.

I like that Ayane has 4 (maybe more?) winning animations. :D
Her perfect winning animation is cool.

TheSeks

The CE one, she has some wide child bearing hips.

Oh, that one. Why they made some outfits CE and others pre-order/not I'll never know.

Male Swimsuits Ninja Plz

Was that Kasumi DOAU one with stockings and tennis shoes really in DOA2U? I don't recall it.

Squire

Banned
Oh, that one. Why they made some outfits CE and others pre-order/not I'll never know.

Male Swimsuits Ninja Plz

Was that Kasumi DOAU one with stockings and tennis shoes really in DOA2U? I don't recall it.

They did it so people will pre-order/buy the CE; to drive up revenue.

And yeah, that costume was in 2U.

TheSeks

They did it so people will pre-order/buy the CE; to drive up revenue.

Well, obviously, but it didn't work on me so I'm stuck with a crap fuzzy textured Bunny outfit that would've worked better without the fur. :|

Top Bottom