• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mila infinite gone, language bug is fixed so far. . .

Lol I cant find matches now or the game online its dead now. (I used to find matches easily before)

EDIT: Found one lets see what happens.

EXTRA EDIT: Match was terrible.

Vazra

. . . Team ninja please.

This second and 3rd matches were wonderful now. Maybe the dude I was playing against before was downloading stuff. I was doing counters without much trouble and things felt smoother. We'll see how much it fares on a few more tries.

Does ranked show connection?

Didn't noticed any changes to showing connections. Seems the same on that aspect. But things were running better on the other two matches. I will fight against my BF now and see how that goes now.

DR2K

Banned
This second and 3rd matches were wonderful now. Maybe the dude I was playing against before was downloading stuff. I was doing counters without much trouble and things felt smoother. We'll see how much it fares on a few more tries.

EDIT: Didnt noticed any changes to showing connections stuff. Seems the same.

My heart can't take this. . .

DR2K

Banned
You know it won't be a big difference. All the issues Skilletor's mentioned repeatedly will still be there, guaranteed. Maybe slightly less. Maybe. Nothing to get your hopes up over though.

I'm hoping it's like Tekken 6 online patch where the game went from a broken mess to a playable mess.

Vazra

I'm hoping it's like Tekken 6 online patch where the game went from a broken mess to a playable mess.

Hmm the game so far its running somewhat better I had a terrible one but as I said could have been someone download shit. The matches with my BF run better than they did before and the simple matches were good except the terrible one. The input lag seems different somewhat better.

DR2K

Banned
Hmm the game so far its running better I had a terrible one but as I said could have been someone download shit. The matches with my BF run better than they did before and the simple matches were good except the terrible one.

I guess there's more stability with the netcode.

Vazra

I guess there's more stability with the netcode.

It feels more stable but not necessarily what some might call acceptable.

Edit: I saw a red one on an opponent while fighting (First time I see it) what does that mean?

very disapointed by the online
i can't enter in the lobby ..there is free space , and the connexion is alright ... but
it doesn't work..

still not having to change my language settings sure is nice.

DR2K

Banned
i can't enter in the lobby ..there is free space , and the connexion is alright ... but
it doesn't work..

try backing out to the main menu(offline) and renter it.

it doesn't work..

maybe there is a filter for connections? you can't enter if the requirements are not met, like in KOF XIII. that's what i'd like to see in every game.

DR2K

Banned
maybe there is a filter for connections? you can't enter if the requirements are not met, like in KOF XIII. that's what i'd like to see in every game.

There is a filter option in lobbies, that could also be it.

EDIT: People over at FSD are saying that the netcode has improved drastically. *crosses fingers*

Not too shabby, hope the patch livens up this thread. :p

Exclusion of one rounds in ranked is good. Played a lot of them to get the 1000 match trophy.

Mesharey

How big is the patch? Away from PS3 atm.
27 MB.

Some characters has secret winning animation if you press B/O, sometimes it's also the "Perfect" winning animation.

Tried it with Hitomi, she says something like "I keep getting stronger", you can also choose the winning animation when the match gets finished by pressing "A,B,X,Y".

You can choose the intro the same way.

Dantis

27 MB.

Some characters has secret winning animation if you press B/O, sometimes it's also the "Perfect" winning animation.

Tried it with Hitomi, she says something like "I keep getting stronger", you can also choose the winning animation when the match gets finished by pressing "A,B,X,Y".

That's really cool.

Also, just had my first match. Ran completely smoothly. Not sure how representative of quality that is though, because the majority of my matches are smooth (As a side note, I wonder if it's because I'm from the UK, and we're such a small nation that I'm always playing someone close by?).

EDIT: One-bar opponent. This will be the test.

EDIT 2: Based on that game one-bar matches still have input lag, but it's not as bad and the game doesn't get choppy. I'll be interested to see if other people have similar results.

raven777

27 MB.

The win pose has nothing to do with the patch, right?

too bad only few characters have more than 2 winning pose.

27 MB.

Thats a nice little extra.

Mesharey

but the other 2 are exclusive to certain opponents, right? (like one for Hayate/hayabusa, one for other male opponents.)

I heard Lisa has 6 or something.
2 normal ones, one for perfect (or press B/O after the fight) and the last one for certain characters.

Lisa has 6. >.>

2 normal ones, one for perfect (or press B/O after the fight) and the last one for certain characters.

Lisa has 6. >.>

Lisa has win pose where she looks down at the opponent and says "are you ok? you're the one who wanted to fight, you know", when she wins perfectly.
Ive tried all the buttons (as well as different combinations) but I cant trigger it manually.
B button just triggers her regular alternate win pose, not her perfect win one.

Unrelated to DOA5 but I finally got my DOAX!
8089592928_827420bb0f_c.jpg

Too bad there is a crack on the top, hate the mail service here.

8089590213_30c8d78505_c.jpg

Top Bottom