• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Westlo

This next pack has a 50/50 chance of costing money. Nothing's been confirmed. Yet.

I personally doubt this next pack will cost money, seems dumb to release free costumes for half the cast and than charge for the other half. These costumes don't have the wow factor (read t&a) to cause a demand for people to pay for them.

Westlo

Don't listen, you made the right choice. DOAX2 was a downgrade with extras and HD graphics. Not to mention the nightmare inducing boobs...

Didn't the original have more swimsuits as well?

How's the PSP version hold up? I have it just never got around to checking it out, who knows where my psp is now...

DR2K

Banned
Don't listen, you made the right choice. DOAX2 was a downgrade with extras and HD graphics. Not to mention the nightmare inducing boobs...

Didn't the original have more swimsuits as well?

No it wasn't. They improved gift giving(max friendship=guaranteed gift), removed bikini's being thrown in the garbage, added more swimsuits, added jet skiing, added partner cutscenes, and even more mini games. It has everything DOAX1 did and thensome.

No it wasn't. They improved gift giving(max friendship=guaranteed gift), removed bikini's being thrown in the garbage, added more swimsuits, added jet skiing, added partner cutscenes, and even more mini games. It has everything DOAX1 did and thensome.

Girls reject revealing/tough bikinis all the time in DoAX2, even with full hearts/friendship. I know because it took me a loooooong time to get all the achievements.
I never played DoAX1 but I really enjoyed DoAX2. The volleyball was kinda like a sexy NBA Jam.

Slygmous

They fixed the gift giving, I'll give you that. Definitely less swimsuits though, can't remember how many unique ones per title anymore though. The volleyball mechanics felt a lot worse, made the jet skiing the only worthwhile activity. I think they even changed that stupid pool hop game to a worse variation if I remember right...
Sorry, gonna have to agree to disagree on this one :)

I can't speak for the PSP one, I kinda gave up on the DOA series for a while after that.

I know because it took me a loooooong time to get all the achievements.
You legitimately got all the achievements?! I figured that was impossible. Wow.

Mesharey

I like DOAX way more than DOAX2, it has a good volleyball game and 60 fps (I think DOAX2 is 30 fps) and boobs don't move like DOA5. :/

I like the jet ski in DOAX2, it was really good.

Squire

Banned
I personally doubt this next pack will cost money, seems dumb to release free costumes for half the cast and than charge for the other half. These costumes don't have the wow factor (read t&a) to cause a demand for people to pay for them.

I thought that too, but I wouldn't judge whether or not this next pack or the other half skimps (heh) on T&A. We've only seen Hitomi and that Kasumi pic, assuming it was real.

And Paradise is... not very good? I dunno. Who buys that looking for good game design?

DR2K

Banned
Girls reject revealing/tough bikinis all the time in DoAX2, even with full hearts/friendship. I know because it took me a loooooong time to get all the achievements.
I never played DoAX1 but I really enjoyed DoAX2. The volleyball was kinda like a sexy NBA Jam.

If you got them at max(true love) they would accept anything. They change into the bikini infront of you when you gift it.

Overall it was the much better game. Jet skiing in some of the more advanced levels was a thrill.

Visually it's better than DOA5, minus character model style of course.

louie

What method did they use to patch Mila's infinite? Does it force tech now, or did they change the ground game somehow? Or is it just slower?

Manp

well, to be honest i only tried a couple of rounds with throwdowns enabled and those horrible pauses i used to get were gone. before i couldn't even play for 10 seconds without getting a 2 seconds pause.

would need to play a bit longer to confirm it's completely fixed.

:)

well, to be honest i only tried a couple of rounds with throwdowns enabled and those horrible pauses i used to get were gone. before i couldn't even play for 10 seconds without getting a 2 seconds pause.

would need to play a bit longer to confirm it's completely fixed.

:)

i used to get slowdowns once per match.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DOAX and game play in same sentence... ROFL

Pretty much this. DOAX2 also wasn't as good as the original, which is not BC on 360. I was always disappointed in DOAX since the volleyball part of the game sucked. Beach Spikers and Outlaw Volleyball were much better games.

I certainly see no point in bothering with DOAX2 now, though. It doesn't even work as eye candy anymore.

Dantis

Chin Soon Sun ‏@inspchin

@marileninja Oh yeah almost forgot about that! Got a crazy phone call with a customer crying because he can't unlock Lisa's bikini #DOA5 -_-

That's a tweet from the Tecmo community manager. Frigging hilarious.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unrelated to DOA5 but I finally got my DOAX!

Too bad there is a crack on the top, hate the mail service here.

DAT CASE DAMAGE. :(

I remember when I forced my dad to buy the game for me, he was disappointed the girls were speaking in Japanese with no English option. Something that didn't effect me since I can't hear. :p

Also enjoy trying to get the Venus on the girls unless that Godhand method of doing tag team with DOA3 (with Zack filling in for Lisa?) works! :D!
D:!

xion4360

patch really helped the online play. Have yet to encounter any visual lag, and input lag seems mostly gone. Even had 1 bar games that ran near perfectly.

Dantis

It's weird to play with no input lag in most games. I had no problems before, but it still feels a lot smoother now.

Edit: I should clarify that I've still only played a few games, so don't take that as an absolute confirmation that the patch worked.

xion4360

It's weird to play with no input lag in most games. I had no problems before, but it still feels a lot smoother now.

Edit: I should clarify that I've still only played a few games, so don't take that as an absolute confirmation that the patch worked.

Ive been playing for the last few hours. trust me, it improved.

online play is much better now. only had problems versus people with bad connections before. now it masks those much better.

needs more testing, but it might approach VF:FS level. i played for about 2 hours.

Mesharey

All costumes for the 2nd pack from FSD, nothing for Ayane T_T
bbYKo.jpg

ggaL5.jpg

rSok4.jpg

coRTv.jpg

XpxOw.jpg

O4mCn.jpg

vD8Xo.jpg

3ooPt.jpg

8fg1L.jpg

iWfEM.jpg

tgWII.jpg

IsZbL.jpg

Mesharey

Update changes (also from FSD) :

Patched Game Changes

Better netcode stability.

Voice language setting now saves in the save file.

No more 1 round ranked matches.

Connection bar shows in non lobby matches.

Side Step glitch has been fixed.

People no longer enter the wrong lobby.

Slowdown from throwdown is gone.

AI has been adjusted to react slower on higher difficulties

Fixed glitch where the game freezes from backing out of a search.

Fixed bug where skipping a command then clearing would halt progress during Lisa’s and Tina’s command training.

Power Blow settings carry over when resetting position in training mode.

Titles can now be removed at the Mission title set screen with the △ button.

Changed the hit reaction to certain attacks when hitting a downed opponent. (Mila Infinite)

Improved the game screen freezing after the start of a match when playing Versus, Arcade or Training mode with challenges on. (May still occur depending on the connection environment)

When accepting a challenge during the final stage of arcade mode, then returning to offline play after the match, the final stage no longer repeats without a mode clear, nor does the game freeze.

Your opponent’s cursor is no longer displayed in the menu after a rank match, simple match, or challenge match.

Your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed on the character select menu next to their account name. 5 good ⇔ 1 bad

During a match, your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed next their opponent name.

Opponent’s account name and connection speed are now displayed next to the challenge icon.

Lobby match search results now are sorted in order of connection speed.

During an online match, input delay and laggy character movement due your connection with the opponent is less likely to occur. (Still may occur depending on the connection status between players)

Skill info and move lists during online versus are now set to always off.

Patched Character Changes

Mila's 2P only connects twice then causes quick recovery. Infinite Fixed.
Tina's 2H+P changed from +5 to ±0 and doesn't link together while opponent is grounded. Infinite Fixed.
Ayane's 66KK4 is now +1

Squire

Banned
They come out tomorrow. And they're kinda lame. I never really doubted the Kasumi/Hitomi leaks, but I'm a little surprised the Tina leak turned out to be real.

Top Bottom