• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Set to default so maybe that's the problem? Maybe remapping it to a button would help.

No. Just do the command 4P+K and while holding P+K quickly tap 88 or 22 out. You have to do it while it's charging which is what is probably throwing you for the loop.

bumpkin

Has anyone messed around with the cross-save stuff? How do you set it up? I have the game on PS3 with a bunch of stuff unlocked, it'd be cool to be able to pick up where I left off on my Vita.

OSHAN

Has anyone messed around with the cross-save stuff? How do you set it up? I have the game on PS3 with a bunch of stuff unlocked, it'd be cool to be able to pick up where I left off on my Vita.

Download the patch on the PS3 version and go to Options, select cross-save, and upload your file.

Go to Vita version and do the same thing, download file.

And you're done.

bumpkin

Download the patch on the PS3 version and go to Options, select cross-save, and upload your file.

Go to Vita version and do the same thing, download file.

And you're done.
Sweet, thanks for the info! Sounds a lot like how they did it for Sly Cooper.

Skilletor

Keep running in to a guy named dk_tsubaki who has a turbo controller and kick held down permanently.

I think I'm like 31/39 or something like that.

Wow, this game is just as blazing fast online with my 4G tethering as it is with my home Wi-Fi, and a heck of a lot more stable in my case (damn Comcast!)

Hope to see some familiar faces online, all of ya'll are avoiding me...

Pein

Banned
damn, didn't know this released a couple days ago. How complex is this game, on a scale of 1-10? I'm interested in fighters but would hate to get my ass busted online in every match.

DR2K

Banned
I love Tekken, waifus, and portable fighters...ugh :(

How significant is the aliasing?

Non existant on the Vita screen.

damn, didn't know this released a couple days ago. How complex is this game, on a scale of 1-10? I'm interested in fighters but would hate to get my ass busted online in every match.

Complex like most, but the most accesible fighter on the market outside of Smash and Anime fighters(Naruto/DBZ).

matmanx1

No. Just do the command 4P+K and while holding P+K quickly tap 88 or 22 out. You have to do it while it's charging which is what is probably throwing you for the loop.

Thanks! I actually passed the challenge the first time I tried it once I got home this evening from work. Now I'm having issues with the down forward diagonal (3). Up forward (9) is no problem. It's all because I have a long thumb and the way it's angled as I hold the Vita. I'll get it eventually.

Also, good to hear about the online behaving better. I'll maybe try some more matches tonight.

TheSeks

I dunno about ranked. Simple is pretty dead though.

Koroviev

Complex like most, but the most accesible fighter on the market outside of Smash and Anime fighters(Naruto/DBZ).

Oh God, and it's also pretty? I still need to spend $17 more to get to $100 for this month...I'm going to download the demo. This is dangerous. When will I find the time to be a pretty princess, rescue my friends from the TV, and appreciate advanced jiggle physics? :(

Oh God, and it's also pretty? I still need to spend $17 more to get to $100 for this month...I'm going to download the demo. This is dangerous. When will I find the time to be a pretty princess, rescue my friends from the TV, and appreciate advanced jiggle physics? :(
Pretty is an understatement. The animations alone are poetry in motion.

Pimpbaa

There is aliasing, but they did a good job at hiding it. Game runs at native resolution during character selection and when it shows your character winning or losing. But during an actual fight the resolution goes lower. But it's still hard to notice then due to lack of contrasting edges or possibly some AA.

So I kept practicing, and I got actually somewhat decent (beat the computer like 2/3rds of the time on normal mode now). So I bought it, if anyone wants to add me for easy wins feel free.

PSN: Thedarkstark

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
There is aliasing, but they did a good job at hiding it. Game runs at native resolution during character selection and when it shows your character winning or losing. But during an actual fight the resolution goes lower. But it's still hard to notice then due to lack of contrasting edges or possibly some AA.

yeah,it's really an amazing port and really show what the system can do I was really surprised how good it run and look(especially going from Sigma2+ which wasn't that good).

yeah,it's really an amazing port and really show what the system can do I was really surprised how good it run and look(especially going from Sigma2+ which wasn't that good).
Unlike NGS2+, where advanced lighting and geometry took precedence over frame rate, Team DOA really made sacrifices in the right places.

The result is a game that is visually a total package - it's beautiful when it counts such as during close-ups and spectator, and 60fps fluid when you're too busy trying not to get your ass kicked to notice a stray low-res texture or some weird limb clipping.

OmegaZero

I wouldn't say geometry was a priority for Σ2+. :b
Effects and lighting, sure.

This honestly looks better then I first thought, but there are still some things that irk me, like how Ryu looks.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finding opponents in Ranked much more often now.

I have a feeling Team Ninja fixed whatever back-end issues they were having.

That's good to hear. I tried Ranked the other night and felt like I had long wait periods between each opponent.

Is there an option for a rematch? I didn't see any such thing and found that kind of odd. It was annoying that once I had an opponent I couldn't keep playing against them.

Random, little thing but I'm glad the spine of game case uses the game logo and a nice black background. Sigma 1/2 have the most generic, black text on white background spines I've seen. Does lose points though for bringing back the awful, early blu-ray era blades design that obscures and limits the cover art. Looks terrible.

Wish trophies would transfer though, having to suffer through these story cutscenes again is nigh unbearable.

Nice port though, when I compared to the PS3 version it was rather noticeably paired down but during gameplay it looks pretty amazing. Certainly no Mortal Kombat at the very least. Does make me wonder about how much further vita games can go though. Early days yet(one hopes) so will we see something like the console version of DoA5 running at 60 FPS down the line? Would be a bit of a bummer if the ceiling has already been reached.

The release date of plus is the 26th in Australia for some reason so on the off chance the PSN monkeys are trying to get out of some extra work, it'll probably show up in next weeks update along with the demo.

Manp

i have the game (physical copy, thanks amazon) but the cross DLC doesn't seem to be there on the EU store.

:)

Ainaurdur

I have run into a very silly problem. Been trying to run through the Command Training on a couple characters. I completed it on Christie, then started to do Gen Fu... got about halfway and need to do some moves with my back to the AI. I have no idea how to get Gen Fu to turn around. I accidentally discovered one punch move with Christie that does it.

Is this sort of thing common with DOA? There seem to be quite a few things that are never really explained anywhere in the manuals or in-game.

I have run into a very silly problem. Been trying to run through the Command Training on a couple characters. I completed it on Christie, then started to do Gen Fu... got about halfway and need to do some moves with my back to the AI. I have no idea how to get Gen Fu to turn around. I accidentally discovered one punch move with Christie that does it.

Is this sort of thing common with DOA? There seem to be quite a few things that are never really explained anywhere in the manuals or in-game.

I had the same problem with Kasumi. I had to find a move that turned my back. In VF5's command training, you could "reset" the stage and it would start you with your back turned.

This should help:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64373719

TheSeks

This honestly looks better then I first thought, but there are still some things that irk me, like how Ryu looks.

Yeah, Ryu's Ninja Gaiden/default costume is :lol in this game. Who okay'd those textures!?

Unlocking rare costumes is insane and near impossible for fighting noobs. Is there any easier way of in unlocking them? Different for the Vita?

Wouldn't mind a unlock key as DLC. I'd rather do that then never getting them.

TheSeks

Play ranked mode, it shouldn't be any different from the PS3 version now that it was patched. 150 for Tina/Lisa/Christie's bikini's in all.

But you're going to have to do Legendary mode eventually if you want "cleared all paths of Arcade/Time-Trial/Survival" trophies.

Grisby

Got to put some more time into this today. Was sitting out on the couch having a few online battles. Smooth as hell. So freaking awesome. Looks great too. You can definitely see the cutbacks in the background scenery and now the characters have some blocky shoulders but it still looks great.

It figures though the one fighting game I finally become attached to doesn't seem super brimming in the online population.

One question though I've been trying to change the online battle music and I thought I did in the music deal but it doesn't play. I chose 'stage' and then 'online' and what I wanted to play but it doesnt appear to have worked.

Play ranked mode, it shouldn't be any different from the PS3 version now that it was patched. 150 for Tina/Lisa/Christie's bikini's in all.

But you're going to have to do Legendary mode eventually if you want "cleared all paths of Arcade/Time-Trial/Survival" trophies.
Don't need to win, right? :p

Sounds reasonable. Who cares about that trophy!

Rasec

Me is sad. No DOA 5 on psn store today so i guess it will only come out on next wednesday. T__T
And my fighters are better if i have them on the card.

Top Bottom