• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

cafemomo

wtf is this OMG Breast Motion I keep hearing about.
Makes you say OMG when you see em.
wHRkYil.jpg

matmanx1

Online not working for anyone else right now? Mine's just sitting at "Playstation Network" after it signs me in on DOA. I've managed 4 matches in about 40 minutes =(

Ainaurdur

Online not working for anyone else right now? Mine's just sitting at "Playstation Network" after it signs me in on DOA. I've managed 4 matches in about 40 minutes =(

Yeah, mine is hanging in the same spot, with the red dot spinning in the bottom right corner.

And only way to get back to the main menu is to exit out of the game completely and start up fresh. Was working last night. :/

so yeah...im convinced team ninja gave the game to a couple interns, told them to buttonmash, and used that for the combo challenges.

Slowly plugging along but most these combos seem pretty worthless.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so yeah...im convinced team ninja gave the game to a couple interns, told them to buttonmash, and used that for the combo challenges.

Slowly plugging along but most these combos seem pretty worthless.

So, it's a typical fighting game trial mode... then?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
After a promising day yesterday, it seems the online is back to Population: 0.

Why

I was having trouble on the ps3 and vita with this today, I don't know whether or not this is Sony or Tecmo-Koei's issue but it's really soured my first week impressions.

matmanx1

After a promising day yesterday, it seems the online is back to Population: 0.

Why

Like I said, I've had 4 fights in the last hour on ranked but it's taking forever. I think there's some network problems but I also think that most of the PS3 folks are probably doing the lobby thing and therefore we can't interact with them leaving us a pretty small population.

It's just confusing to me. Team Ninja is obviously not just ignoring the game - it's been getting amazing support since launch, whether DLC, patches, new features, etc.

But though the netcode has improved by leaps and bounds, they can't be bothered to fix whatever backend issues are killing the matchmaking system and making the near-flawless netcode totally moot.

Why

matmanx1

I was having trouble on the ps3 and vita with this today, I don't know whether or not this is Sony or Tecmo-Koei's issue but it's really soured my first week impressions.

I think something's definitely up with their network code. Maybe a bug was introduced with the crossplay patch or the code just isn't up to snuff. Either way I hope it gets worked out soon.

synce

Wish someone hadn't posted that screenshot of the boob physics options, it's only going to bring negative attention to the series and its fans. They should've just included an age setting like the previous games, it's less obvious.

Ainaurdur

I am thinking of getting the $12.99 Hotties Swimsuit Bundle and also the $4.99 Fighters Pack, sometime in the next couple weeks.

Does anyone think anymore packs might be coming in the near future that would combine with the Fighters Pack into a new $12.99 Bundle?

Grisby

Going through the story mode now for the hell of it. How they managed to get the cutscenes on here is very impressive to me, very sharp.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rumor has it that enterprising modders have accomplished this for the X360 version by ripping out the models and modding it themselves. They've even got them to do some very questionable things in game.

Google it, and thou shalt find it.

I've seen it, and it's a meh.

I heard it's gonna cause a conflict with some DLC costumes too, so not worth it.

KiteGr

I'll wait for some PS3 re-release!

This is apparently the ideal DoA5 edition, but Fighting games are not meant to be played on handhelds, and since digital content has zero collection value, I'm not gona pay my way through DLC to bring my PS3 version up to Vita standarts.

Skilletor

This is apparently the ideal DoA5 edition, but Fighting games are not meant to be played on handhelds, and since digital content has zero collection value, I'm not gona pay my way through DLC to bring my PS3 version up to Vita standarts.

Antiquated ideology what with gameplay perfect ports and good online on recent handheld ports. I mean, unless you've got some burgeoning DoA scene where you are, then I don't see the difference between playing this on a handheld and on a console. Controller preferences aside, that is.

so i just got the game today. and damn i am impressed. it looks so good i am actually thinking of selling my mortal kombat copy :/

its very nice game, very smooth. and i actually like playing it on VITA more than the console version mainly because i am not forced to play it in front of a TV online. i am really amazed by how nice and smooth its. and the graphics are actually quite nice.

I looked at the screen caps and was like wow, fugly. But the demo is out and I have to say the visual impression it makes is really quite nice.

agreed. it look way much better than screen shots. but even the screens arent really bad. honestly to me this is almost a perfect port.

can dev make a better graphices on VITA? yeah clearly they can, but they didnt. however. this is really a very decent port

not right, the game play perfectly on handheld. + you are not force to stay in front of the Screen while playing online. + you can also play against ps3 users. so all in all its great.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is the only reason I haven't bought the game on any system.

And why would they re-release with all the content when they can get you to buy all the content a-la-carte like right now? It'd be nice, but that's exactly why I can't see them doing that. It doesn't make "get suckers" sense to re-release with all the content.

Top Bottom