• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Skilletor

Honestly, after going through and downloading all of the halloween outfits to my 2nd ps3 last night, I'll be glad to never have to use PSN on ps3 ever again.

That shit is so horrible.

ShinMaruku

Anybody for a tag/regular lobby today?

I am sure why the last gen versions don't have the stages is combination of ram and they just want to move on to next gen. This is their test bed for their next few games so I would think they'd try to push the most people on next gen.

As for their team speaking English they have a few westerners on their team and some of them have pretty ok English so I don't think if it's a translational issue or they were just bullshitting.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
All the more reason we need a PC version of this game. Fighting games are really the games I play online these days, and I don't want to pay for PS+ or Live just to play one genre.

I'm glad MKX getting a day 1 PC version.

Hubb

All the more reason we need a PC version of this game. Fighting games are really the games I play online these days, and I don't want to pay for PS+ or Live just to play one genre.

I'd like it on PC too, the only argument I can think against it is DLC. Whether they think it being mod-able will kill DLC sales or not I don't know.

If Tekken were to strike it big on PC maybe that would push them over. I'm not sure how SF4 is doing on PC or if they'd even care about that.

Eolz

I'd like it on PC too, the only argument I can think against it is DLC. Whether they think it being mod-able will kill DLC sales or not I don't know.

If Tekken were to strike it big on PC maybe that would push them over. I'm not sure how SF4 is doing on PC or if they'd even care about that.

You should try using the old Ultimate port that was canned. Didn't try it in years, but apparently it still works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuX6f0tapqs

Eolz

Hopefully some news on Last round comes through soon.

B12Pt4LCQAAisK0.jpg

I think the last time they (Koei-Tecmo EU's twitter) said that in their pic was to announce the release date and preorder DLC. Probably not much this time, but we'll at least have some news this week.

Ermac

What was Shallie's DLC like in Japan? It looks like the swimsuits were free?

edit whoops wrong thread

TheRook

He said the last time KT Europe said in their 'coming next week' there would be DOALR updates the release date and DLC was revealed.

This is a new pic, implying we could get new info next week.

Err ok, I wasn't sure...the way he said it was weird to me. Anyways, outside of showing the new characters...there isn't much else they can show before the game is release in a few months. Basically, im not expecting much.

ShinMaruku

We have lobbies open on the weekeneds. So far it's only been a few people coming, but we are always there for weekened matches. :)

I found an old capture card i used to convert all my vhs to dvd so sd quality at best and works on ps3 so i decided to give it a spin and upload that old match from me vs azuardo in delicious 480p :D Its bad but i cant seem to get the direct upload to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1bqSmq6Tk&feature=youtu.be

haha thanks for the upload.

Jesus, I think I remember that day more now, as I fucked up many of my strings, particularly in the first two rounds. Almost like I have a slight brain lapse and just forget which inputs to hit after being out of it for some time. That and my fingers were probably cold and couldn't get some out quick enough. No excuses, mind - it's a good Koko that I had trouble with a lot haha.

m0t0k1

haha thanks for the upload.

Jesus, I think I remember that day more now, as I fucked up many of my strings, particularly in the first two rounds. Almost like I have a slight brain lapse and just forget which inputs to hit after being out of it for some time. That and my fingers were probably cold and couldn't get some out quick enough. No excuses, mind - it's a good Koko that I had trouble with a lot haha.

Yeah you have a way better Kasumi the last time we fought the strings where working way better for you and looked also good in some of the tournament videos i saw :D I still need to learn there is a block button. I keep using block button and walk back to block so it goes into a counter which is easy punishable or just walk back but turns into a back step. Have not played ant games since last time sadly.

Ermac

Have they said if the new characters and costumes will be DLC for last gen versions?

I was thinking of gettin LR on PS4 but might just stick with the PS3 version if I can get the new characters and costumes. Don't want to pay to play online.

Eolz

Have they said if the new characters and costumes will be DLC for last gen versions?

I was thinking of gettin LR on PS4 but might just stick with the PS3 version if I can get the new characters and costumes. Don't want to pay to play online.

new characters are all included, including the ones they have yet to reveal.
Not sure what you mean by costumes. There will still be new ones to come, and transferable from PS3 to PS4.

Ermac

new characters are all included, including the ones they have yet to reveal.
Not sure what you mean by costumes. There will still be new ones to come, and transferable from PS3 to PS4.

I meant the preorder ones for LR (and future costumes). Good to know

Can't believe Shin fannied out.

Also in europe? :eek:

Just went onto UK store now and I seemed to be able to add her to my download queue without payment, so she could be free in Europe, too. It still had her price on the store page instead of saying 'free' though, so I don't know.

Worth checking for yourself.

Edit: lol my PS3 kept crashing when it tried to auto-download her from my queue in the store.

Top Bottom