• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

DOA5 LR coming to PC?

Now here is something really interesting. Online retailer ‘Play-Asia’ has listed Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round for the PC. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is the latest update to the Dead or Alive 5 series and according to the online retailer, the PC version will be released alongside the console versions.

Now this could simply be an error from Play-Asia’s part, therefore we’re marking this story as a rumor. And as with all rumors, you should take it with a grain of salt.

Still, it’s worth noting that back in April, Tecmo Koei asked PC gamers to show their interest on the company’s games on both its FB and Twitter pages.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/online-retailer-play-asia-lists-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-for-the-pc/

More of KT's games have been jumping to PC lately, so does seem like a possibility.

How many people here would opt for the PC version over console, though? I personally don't play PC games as I don't have a rig to handle them.

Would kinda suck for people here to skip PS4 and get PC :(

Eolz

Hmmm, I'd get the PC version, but I really don't believe it (same for that old rumor about how it was coming on PC because it was going to be on new arcade hardware).
DOA6 though, I can see that happening.

Edit:
in case some don't really follow TN's twitter:
pic of the marie rose mousepad
B2TQ-auCQAAjXNs.jpg

Vote for the character on the life size tapestry of the super collector JP only edition. You need a Gamecity account though, but at least you can see the top 3, so far, is Kasumi > Marie Rose > Ayane, and that the new character is 6th.

Ultimadrago

Hmmm, I'd get the PC version, but I really don't believe it (same for that old rumor about how it was coming on PC because it was going to be on new arcade hardware).

Edit:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2TQ-auCQAAjXNs.jpg

Vote for the character on the life size tapestry of the super collector JP only edition. You need a Gamecity account though, but at least you can see the top 3, so far, is Kasumi > Marie Rose > Ayane, and that the new character is 6th.

1. Yep, I'd get a PC version for sure, but I don't know what to believe on the topic of it existing.

2. Wellthereitis.gif (Small Tits)

^^ Gahh that picture... *vomits*

Wow I really hope it comes to PC. I was considering buying a PS4 for Last Round but now I may not have to!

Mmm, was wondering who might buy both versions if it did come to PC.

Totally understand people opting for PC but damn, really does split the userbase it seems.

the consoles have a ftp version though, so really, there's no reason for the base to be split unless people don't actually own the console to play it on

Setsuna

Edit:
B2TQ-auCQAAjXNs.jpg

About time they madea flat mousepad

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Speaking of last round. I think I'm just going to get the PS3 version. So $29.99 gets you Marie Rose, Phase-4, Nyotengu, the two new characters, and a bunch of previously released DLC right?

Is it an upgrade or completely separate game?

ShinMaruku

If you got the free to play version on ps4 like warframe I am sure you can still play online. F2p games are the exception on ps+

If you got the free to play version on ps4 like warframe I am sure you can still play online. F2p games are the exception on ps+

Wait... You're right.

But if I bought the full digital game, would online play still be free? I wouldn't be able to get CF any more because I'd technically have upgraded the game to the full version.

I'd be better off sticking with CF and not buying the full version if that's the case?

Kumubou

Wait... You're right.

But if I bought the full digital game, would online play still be free? I wouldn't be able to get CF any more because I'd technically have upgraded the game to the full version.

I'd be better off sticking with CF and not buying the full version if that's the case?
That is actually a REALLY good question, heh. F2P games (and general any online modes without matchmaking) are free on the PS4, but if upgrading meant you got locked out of online play without PS+... that's just weird. But then if you don't need to buy PS+ to play online, that hurts Sony's business model... or maybe they're just willing to let it ride as DoA5U/LR is pretty much the only F2P/retail hybrid on console right now?

It'd almost be like I'm getting punished for upgrading the game. I guess even if I still bought the full digital version and found out I need PS+, I could do whatever I wanted in the full game (like story mode), then perhaps I could uninstall it and then install CF to use that to play online for free?

That'd be a waste of money buying the full version then, but I wonder if that's actually possible. Beginning to wonder now if they would make the full game's online free. Seems unlikely, but then it'd just be better for me to simply get CF instead if it isn't.

Hubb

It'd almost be like I'm getting punished for upgrading the game. I guess even if I still bought the full digital version and found out I need PS+, I could do whatever I wanted in the full game (like story mode), then perhaps I could uninstall it and then install CF to use that to play online for free?

That'd be a waste of money buying the full version then, but I wonder if that's actually possible. Beginning to wonder now if they would make the full game's online free. Seems unlikely, but then it'd just be better for me to simply get CF instead if it isn't.

I'm sure it'll get clarified closer to release date
probably a few days after
. I wouldn't be surprised if they make you get PS+ for the free version. Even though other F2P games don't have that, other F2P games don't offer a retail option either; to my knowledge at least.

Not the biggest fan of paying for online, but I can usually snag a PS+ for 25-30 dollars once a year. The games they offer are worth that asking price for me, I do understand why others don't find it as appealing.

I dropped TN a tweet but probably won't get a response or understand what I said lol.

Will be interesting to see what the situation actually is.

Hubb

At this point I'm sure even they don't know. This will be there first F2P game on PS4 right? Hopefully you don't need PS+, but I'd bet a lot of money you do.

At this point I'm sure even they don't know. This will be there first F2P game on PS4 right? Hopefully you don't need PS+, but I'd bet a lot of money you do.

With CF it should be that you don't need PS+ at all. I don't think Sony allows F2P games to be behind their paywall. I don't think anyone's in any doubts about that. It's just how they handle the full LR online - free or not? Because I'd be better off not upgrading from CF to full game if I can play free with Kasumi in CF. If I need PS+ in full LR, no point in me buying it.

Hubb

With CF it should be that you don't need PS+ at all. I don't think Sony allows F2P games to be behind their paywall. I don't think anyone's in any doubts about that. It's just how they handle the full LR online - free or not? Because I'd be better off not upgrading from CF to full game if I can play free with Kasumi in CF. If I need PS+ in full LR, no point in me buying it.

Yeah I get that, but this is the first game to my knowledge that offers a F2P option and a retail option. I agree it doesn't make sense that you'd have to pay when you upgrade and that is why I think they'd make you pay for both of them.

Perhaps Sony will be "generous" and let it slide, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hmm yeah, can't think of other F2P + retail examples.

Definitely seems a unique and odd situation.

I can definitely say I will not be happy if you need PS+ to play CF online. One thing PS4 was praised for over XBO at initial release was Sony not having F2P games behind their paywall. Think XBO changed it with most/all F2P games since then, not sure. But still, would be like completely going back on the whole idea they have in place for all other F2P games if you needed PS+ for CF.

Squire

Banned

Sony won't put their own F2P titles behind the wall. There's no mandate on anyone though.

Speaking of last round. I think I'm just going to get the PS3 version. So $29.99 gets you Marie Rose, Phase-4, Nyotengu, the two new characters, and a bunch of previously released DLC right?

Is it an upgrade or completely separate game?

The PS3/360 Last Round versions are missing the new stages, in case you didn't know. source

Eolz

Teaser on the DOA Facebook page:
10801632_608914599212629_5904330296898404000_n.jpg

The new male character?

Also, recently on twitter, concept pic of the 4 mini figurines of the super collector edition of Last Round:
B2X82s6CMAAtFPK.jpg

Looks nice but it's so expensive. Would love if it was in the regular CE or available through other means...

omlet

On a roll in Hyperdimension Neptunia V at the moment, how long you guys gonna be at it? I might hop in for a few rounds, but I haven't touched DOA in over a week, been busy and traveling.

Top Bottom