• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

raven777

In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release.

am I the only one seeing this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

AAK

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait since I don't own a PS4 yet.

EDIT: I thought the Halloween costumes were included with the game? I saw them on the Shacknews stream.

Vlaphor

Damn. Could've bought the ps4 somewhat cheaper, but that ship has sailed. Oh well, I've already bought the PC version cheap, so I'll be fine another month and a half.

Hubb

Well the only little bit of optimism I can muster for the PC version now is that hopefully it'll be a decent port, and they aren't rushing it out broken. Here's to the PS4 version for now.

Skilletor

It doesn't matter to me, since I'll have it on PS4.

Just hope they let us know what's up with the PC version soon.

Rikuto on FSD posted these numbers:

Rikuto on FSD said:
NEC 15

DOA 48
TEKKEN 43
SCV 52 (Good job!)

TFC

DOA 72
Tekken 52/50 (whichever number you believe)
SCV 18

SJ8 ( All 3 were free entry)

DOA 128
Tekken 115
SCV 118

WB8

DOA 25
Tekken (I cant seem to find these numbers...)
SCV 24

DoA has been representing as well as any 3D fighter. Glad to see that.

Hubb

Someone on steam is saying that they'll update their site next week with the PC requirements (and hopefully other things).

ShinMaruku

Itagaki worship is so strong. I really need to stop visiting any threads about that guy.

It should calm down after the devils third comes out. If the man is still worth his salt.

DOA5:LR on pc will be a mess for a month or two, hopefully they don't fuck themselves and sau "It's not worth it" when they never handled it right. But after seeing sf4 on pc not optimistic.

Eolz

Eh, SSFIV:AE was pretty good on PC imo. They just fucked up (again) with Ultra.

Someone on steam is saying that they'll update their site next week with the PC requirements (and hopefully other things).

Yeah, it was said in the KT Europe stream last week. Plans may change due to the delay though.

Hubb

Well I'd be more likely to agree with you Shin (that it'll release in a real shit state), but they did delay it. For better or for worse at least they are willing to give it more time. Hopefully the game is much better because of the delay.

I know a lot of people (and correctly so) are upset about the MP delay, but it doesn't really bother me. Either way I'll be playing the PS4 version more than the PC version mostly likely. I just want to support more stuff coming to the PC, and who knows, maybe it'll eventually become the superior version.

ShinMaruku

Depends how long that delay is. Also depends if the rumbles I have seen are true or not. (If true that delay makes even more sense but it will likely still be a bit of a mess)

ShinMaruku

As stated pc is gonna be a mess. Itagaki is a strange thing, they shit on Hayashi, and he made no more than Itagaki in mistakes but Itagaki gets to love. But we shall see with their next projects. Hayashi has seemed to have learned (Also he's taking over Koei)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Good, let them delay it on PC so we don't get a shit port. They shouldn't release it until it is ready for online play, IMO.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As stated pc is gonna be a mess. Itagaki is a strange thing, they shit on Hayashi, and he made no more than Itagaki in mistakes but Itagaki gets to love. But we shall see with their next projects. Hayashi has seemed to have learned (Also he's taking over Koei)

Wait til launch to actually see if its a mess or not.

Eolz

Seems like it from what TN said on Twitter, but they usually have lots of problems with Sony. Looks like they have some problems with some retailers in terms of preorder bonuses too.

PSN EUROPE, They are Walmart bonus content in BOX. RT @LittleWishes123: @TeamNINJAStudio how do we get the new challengers pre order bonus? I heard to pre order it from psn but it's not on psn yet.

Ninja Dom

I got Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters and just tailor-made the content I wanted. I didn't want to buy Ultimate at full price after I bought DOA 5 (vanilla) for full price on launch.

Now I read that if you play DOA 5 Ultimate on PS3, then Last Round is a FREE upgrade patch. Superb!!

official website said:
Players of both Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters can play against each other on the same platform. Players of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate can play with other Last Round players by applying a free patch to upgrade their game to Dead or Alive 5 Last Round.
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/ftp.html (Age restricted)

Do you think this will apply to the Core Fighters PS3 version?

EDIT: Reading through the website - YES it does apply. PS3 Ultimate Core Fighters can download an update patch to make it Last Round Core Fighters.

I'm a bit slow to the party but why can't PS4 players play against PS3 players in Last Round? Can PS3 play against PS4 in Guilty Gear Xrd?

Doing cross-play might have meant we ended up with the shitty current netcode; hopefully this will mean it's a lot better by doing it separately.

I'm just eager to know how exactly Core Fighters works on PS4 - free online or do I need to buy PS+? I really can't afford PS+ atm.

Ninja Dom

Doing cross-play might have meant we ended up with the shitty current netcode; hopefully this will mean it's a lot better by doing it separately.

I'm just eager to know how exactly Core Fighters works on PS4 - free online or do I need to buy PS+? I really can't afford PS+ atm.

Seeing as exiting PS3 Ultimate get a free update to Last Round, just get it on PS3. There won't be that many players on PS4 in comparison.

Well yeah, I have digital on PS3, so the free upgrade will do no harm, but obvs I'll miss the new characters/stages and whatever else is missing in the free upgrade (which is just a balance upgrade, basically).

Oh, if you mean me buying the game on PS3 over PS4...well, I dunno. I defo would like to own the PS4 version, but I'll see closer to release.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You might just want to get core fighters on PS3 and then get the PS4 version when you can get Plus.

Eolz

Nyotengu's poster revealed
B8hhHirCEAInh0Q.jpg

She's pretty gorgeous on this one.

Eolz

The WO3 theme remixes are finally in? Fuck yes, glad that they listened!
Will use the Ayane and Ryu ones every time now. Would be nice if the Dimensions mixes were in too.

Top Bottom