• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Question. I'm getting a PS4 with Last Round and I want to make a brand new PSN account with it. I bought lots of DLC with my current account. I can log into my current account, download all the DLC, they play with the new account and use all the DLC correct?

ShinMaruku

What change? Missed the stream.
Helena has lost a stun when you don't press a button. Phase 4 now has a move that can be teleport canceled on block. If you seen some of my Momiji throws off her air combo you can see where I am going with Phase 4.

Question. I'm getting a PS4 with Last Round and I want to make a brand new PSN account with it. I bought lots of DLC with my current account. I can log into my current account, download all the DLC, they play with the new account and use all the DLC correct?

Yes you can I have Japanese dlc working that way. As long as accounts are tied as main account sub account things like that.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Helena has lost a stun when you don't press a button. Phase 4 now has a move that can be teleport canceled on block. If you seen some of my Momiji throws off her air combo you can see where I am going with Phase 4.

Yes you can I have Japanese dlc working that way. As long as accounts are tied as main account sub account things like that.

Can I do it with an entirely new account? I thought different accounts on the same system could share DLC.

Eolz

What do you mean by that last point?
For example, if I want japanese DLC to work, I need to have the japanese account as my main account, or can it be a sub of my european account?

Dantis

Have they shown any new costumes yet on any of these streams? I've only seen them showing ones that we've already seen.

Eolz

Oh cool, thanks for the info!
This is the kind of stuff that isn't documented, so it's a bit weird and hard to find some confirmation (on PS4 I mean).

Hubb

Have they shown any new costumes yet on any of these streams? I've only seen them showing ones that we've already seen.

I don't think there are going to be that many new ones. Seems like 1 new one for most characters with some getting 2 (preorder dlc not included in that).

It's a port with some add-ons, the first 3D fighter on new gen. F2P, build a fanbase for DOA. Wait for DOA6 if you want massive improvements.

Hubb

It's a port with some add-ons, the first 3D fighter on new gen. F2P, build a fanbase for DOA. Wait for DOA6 if you want massive improvements.

I'm not expecting massive improvements
just hoping for good netcode
. With so few new costumes added I just don't see a reason to buy the game. F2P version should be good enough for me. I do have some PSN credit to burn though and I may use it if the PSN preorder gives all (or most) of the preorder DLC.

For sure. I can easily settle for F2P version. Totally happy with how the game is tbh. Just happy DOA is on new gen. Defo hope for good netcode, though, obvs.

If the netcode was ever going to be fixed it probably would have been already. The fact that pretty much no effort was made to improve it through patches all this time tells me that either TN simply doesn't care, or the netcode is so fundamentally screwed it would require a complete overhaul. I would lover for TN to prove me wrong but as of right now my hope level is pretty much in the negatives.

Hubb

Explain this please...
or is it sarcasm

I guess it depends how you look at it.
DoA5U brought 7(?) new stages
5 new characters and 3 DLC characters (not sure if you want to count those 3)
The changes over from DoA5+ (the enhanced training is the only thing off the top of my head I remember from this)
changed to game modes/power launcher
team battle mode
lots of costumes
and if we believe the wiki, changes to the netcode

What we know LR brings (or at least what I can find on the internet
2 new characters (+ the 3 DLC characters)
2 new stages
new customization options for the characters and the menu to select them (could be really cool, could be something else for them to monetize)
31 new costumes + whatever preorder DLC you can get
and the only reason LR wins in my book is it is coming to the PC. Otherwise unless we see more about the game, or they held stuff back, or are going to support it with free content (or paid) post launch. I agree on paper DoA5U gave us more. Some of that came from DoA5+, but not all of it.

Dantis

Explain this please...
or is it sarcasm

It's not sarcasm. Last Round's additions are barebones as hell. There's two new characters, and both of their movelists draw very heavily from other characters. There's two new stages. There's one new costume for each character. And there's new hairstyles.

It's a shambles, man.

Can someone please create a Google Excel doc for us to enter our PSN name/platforms/availability times for online play for when the Last Round OT gets made?

I still doubt I'll be able to play online on PS4, but will obviously still get the free version on PS3 as an option.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone please create a Google Excel doc for us to enter our PSN name/platforms/availability times for online play for when the Last Round OT gets made?

I still doubt I'll be able to play online on PS4, but will obviously still get the free version on PS3 as an option.
Quote to reveal link. I shall add this to the OT.

Vazra

It looks good though!

Making it simple works since this is the 3rd version of the game and OT it doesn't require too much bells and whistles like the first OT I made for DOA5. If people need help to get into the game read the previous OT that add more info into that or perhaps link them this in the media section.

If Team Ninja can be lazy so can we
KuGsj.gif

Vazra

Is there a link to see it or something? Hasn't been posted on GAF yet, right?

I sent Dantis a preview of the OT via PM asking if it was ok for me to take the OT. I might PM you later with the updated version if you like.

EDIT: OTs now are posted on launch date. So Feb 17th 12am EST it should be up. (Not in community)

Eolz

Nice to see there's a google doc!
Will import a collector edition (if it's like with 5U, it should be in english as well), so probably won't be there for launch day, but will play afterwards.

Hubb

Nice to see there's a google doc!
Will import a collector edition (if it's like with 5U, it should be in english as well), so probably won't be there for launch day, but will play afterwards.

F2P for launch day. Unless you don't play one of the free champs/people they've given away for free.

Oh, an extra column in the doc for Mains might be an idea? Y'all know who I main lol, but could be good for a general idea of who plays which character.

And region, ofc.

Hubb

Added myself to the list. Are you going to keep it hidden like that (I'd prefer that), or are you going to open it up once the OT hits?

Just noticed they re-added the preorder DLC to the PC version. I'm sure that happened a few days ago, but I just saw it and I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

I guess it depends how you look at it.
DoA5U brought 7(?) new stages
5 new characters and 3 DLC characters (not sure if you want to count those 3)
The changes over from DoA5+ (the enhanced training is the only thing off the top of my head I remember from this)
changed to game modes/power launcher
team battle mode
lots of costumes
and if we believe the wiki, changes to the netcode

What we know LR brings (or at least what I can find on the internet
2 new characters (+ the 3 DLC characters)
2 new stages
new customization options for the characters and the menu to select them (could be really cool, could be something else for them to monetize)
31 new costumes + whatever preorder DLC you can get
and the only reason LR wins in my book is it is coming to the PC. Otherwise unless we see more about the game, or they held stuff back, or are going to support it with free content (or paid) post launch. I agree on paper DoA5U gave us more. Some of that came from DoA5+, but not all of it.
Ok. I see where you're coming from, I didn't buy the DLC characters and I think the only DLC I bought was the costume bundle from DOA5 that was available at launch
when it was on sale for each platform at $20
If you bought any other costume DLC it does lose quite a bit of value.

I saw this article mentioning a bundle and it made me wait before buying the new characters. Could have sworn there was a mention of 6 new characters, but I guess I was mistaken.
wouldn't be surprised if there's another DLC character though...

Vazra

Added myself to the list. Are you going to keep it hidden like that (I'd prefer that), or are you going to open it up once the OT hits?

Just noticed they re-added the preorder DLC to the PC version. I'm sure that happened a few days ago, but I just saw it and I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

People will need to quote and look at the end of the OP to add themselves. It wont be visible since I dont want non gaf lurkers adding themselves in.

Hubb

wouldn't be surprised if there's another DLC character though...

I'd actually be surprised if they did. I imagine the only way they do it is if the game is making them decent money and there are a decent amount of people playing it. So, I'd be surprised to see more characters (costumes definitely), but I'd like to see it.

People will need to quote and look at the end of the OP to add themselves. It wont be visible since I dont want non gaf lurkers adding themselves in.

I'm not so worried about random lurkers adding themselves to the list as I am getting random friend invites. I'm glad to you are handling the list that way.

Top Bottom