• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd actually be surprised if they did. I imagine the only way they do it is if the game is making them decent money and there are a decent amount of people playing it. So, I'd be surprised to see more characters (costumes definitely), but I'd like to see it.

I'm not so worried about random lurkers adding themselves to the list as I am getting random friend invites. I'm glad to you are handling the list that way.

The list was a mess on the original cause lurkers tried to get in and I had to clean up those who were not gaffers plus the random invites were not cool.

Eolz

F2P for launch day. Unless you don't play one of the free champs/people they've given away for free.
Oh yeah completely forgot about that!
I usually main Ayane so it will be fine.

I can switch from the F2P to physical without problems right?

Hubb

I just switched from physical PS3 to F2P on PS3 without issue (all my titles, costume unlocks, and stuff transferred). Was able to sell my DoA5U the other day. Can't believe I was able to find someone to buy it.

Eolz

I just switched from physical PS3 to F2P on PS3 without issue (all my titles, costume unlocks, and stuff transferred). Was able to sell my DoA5U the other day. Can't believe I was able to find someone to buy it.

Alright thanks for the info!
I'm still playing on 360 until LR is out, so couldn't try the F2P model (despite reading how well it's designed).

Hubb

If it wouldn't cost so goddamned much to ship I'd actually have ordered the stick from amiami.

As it is, I'm hoping that they release the v4 Kai over here (to the US). I'll be happy with the v5, but the v4 Kai is really what I want and it's otherwise the same as the v5.

Unless the v5 in the US is actually the v4 Kai in disguise. :3

ShinMaruku

i2ldXie.gif

Paid off in full.

ShinMaruku

I'd wait for a stick to be announced here. That said I never play this on stick. Was never designed with stick in mind unlike SF which was.

Hubb

I'd wait for a stick to be announced here. That said I never play this on stick. Was never designed with stick in mind unlike SF which was.

Different people different preferences. PS3 was the first gen I actually bought myself a stick, and I can't see myself going back now. Feels a lot better than holding a controller in my hand.

Skilletor

What an odd statement. DoA originated in arcades. The inputs are almost exactly the same across the games. Its origin is in arcades. DoA5 is in arcades, played with sticks.

I don't play any fighter on a pad.

ShinMaruku

DOA3 was never in arcades and that is the base we are working from. DOA5 is when it went back and it was after a good amount of time just being on consoles.

I use stick and pad. Depending on game it's pad or stick.

Skilletor

DOA3 was never in arcades and that is the base we are working from. DOA5 is when it went back and it was after a good amount of time just being on consoles.

I use stick and pad. Depending on game it's pad or stick.

/shrug

Your logic makes no sense to me. DoA5 is in arcades. It's obviously designed to on sticks, just like every other game. If DoA4 wasn't designed to be played on sticks, why release a branded stick for it? Why do it for DoA5? It's like saying SoulCalibur isn't designed for arcade sticks because it hasn't had an arcade release. If SF5 doesn't have an arcade version, does that mean it's designed for pads?

These fighters aren't designed for a specific input device. That's entirely preference, and saying you'd never play one because it wasn't designed for X device is strange and a bit silly to me.

ShinMaruku

Just like how there is not stick for DFO and yet they sell it as a stick game anything to put something out to sell. However it's irrelivant it's all preference. One could argue Smash was not designed as a fighting game but it's fans find it one. Then they bitch about Sakurai when he's obviously a troll.

dreamfall

So the PC delay is kind of messing with my sensibilities. Granted, I got the Steam version off the cheap so it's not a huge deal- but maybe I'll dip even further with the PS4 version. Eeeesh, I've bought this game so many times!

So those pre-order bikinis arent being offered on Steam anymore and there is no news of what the PC version will have? Jeez, TN have been very disappointing with their communication with this.
Im sure I will still buy the PC version... eventually. Just gotta wait for a sale to happen.

Vazra

So those pre-order bikinis arent being offered on Steam anymore and there is no news of what the PC version will have? Jeez, TN have been very disappointing with their communication with this.
Im sure I will still buy the PC version... eventually. Just gotta wait for a sale to happen.

They are in but since they reached all 3 tiers they dont need to show that. They posted that on fb.

Hubb

They are in but since they reached all 3 tiers they dont need to show that. They posted that on fb.

They are still there, just not on the front page. If you expand the most recent note they left it shows all the tiers and what was unlocked.

You know what? Koei should just buy the complete rights to the Virtua Fighter series.

With the recent goings on at SEGA, it seems clear that anything other than Sonic isn't going to get much/any more love. Rather than have the IP go unused, might as well fully incorporate the characters into DOA fully.

Vazra

You know what? Koei should just buy the complete rights to the Virtua Fighter series.

With the recent goings on at SEGA, it seems clear that anything other than Sonic isn't going to get much/any more love. Rather than have the IP go unused, might as well fully incorporate the characters into DOA fully.

Or they could just copy paste everything from VF5 and update the character models and release VF6 (Perhaps create 2 new characters so people dont complain)

ShinMaruku

Sega ain't sellin IPs is why their value is so high.

It's just so sad, is all. To think about all those IPs SEGA owns, and they won't do a damn thing with 'em, just depressing really. Hell, they can't even be fucked to bring the ultimate Sonic 1 and 2 fanmakes from mobile to console, despite bringing Sonic CD to console a few years back.

Well, hopefully they keep some sort of deal going with each other to keep using the VF characters with DOA6 or something.

Likely right on or just before release (Feb 17th in US, 20th in EU). Yes, it's a free update that's just basically a balance patch, and lets you play against all LR owners on that system.

Eolz

Balance and compatibility update on 360/PS3 but you will need to buy the characters if you want them and already had a copy.

Yeah but gaming PC hundreds of quid. I can cope with just PS4 :D

Saying that, I think custom music from USB is a thing on PS4 now. Forgot bout that. Not quite the same as it being actual character music, though.

Kumubou

Oh God no I wouldn't want Team Ninja doing the next DoA; I don't think they have the design experience for that and it's too finely tuned, they would just completely butcher it. It would end up making Tekken 4 look good.

Now if they want to add Vanessa and Aoi to the next DoA, I'm not going to complain about that. :3

Yeah but gaming PC hundreds of quid. I can cope with just PS4 :D
And then you save hundreds of quid/euros/pesos/whatever by buying drastically cheaper PC games during the seasonal sales or whenever they go on sale just because.

Hubb

And then you save hundreds of quid/euros/pesos/whatever by buying drastically cheaper PC games during the seasonal sales or whenever they go on sale just because.

I'm firmly in the camp of whynotboth. I use my PC as my main gaming "platform",but I also have consoles for their exclusives and MP with friends who don't game on PC.

Vade

Oh God no I wouldn't want Team Ninja doing the next DoA; I don't think they have the design experience for that and it's too finely tuned, they would just completely butcher it. It would end up making Tekken 4 look good.

Now if they want to add Vanessa and Aoi to the next DoA, I'm not going to complain about that. :3

I am so confused

Top Bottom