• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Kumubou

Stream chats would be better if mods were more firm from the start. Only way you will get people acting decent is when you crush enough of them.
There's a giant issue with that, though: in bigger channels, the chat goes by way too fast to moderate. You see someone say something awful and by the time you can even click on someone to ban them you have 20 other people saying equally horrible stuff. It's like trying to hold back a tidal wave of shit with a bucket.

That and for whatever reason, fighting game streams tend to have something dumb like 10x the chat activity of other games on a per-capita basis. If a FG stream ever hit LoL numbers (without doing something like sub only or slow mode), Twitch's chat servers would melt.

ShinMaruku

I mean from the start of twitch if mods made the general theme of it better it would not be cool to say vile shit right now. It's too late now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The focus of that stream...
490c4f922f.gif

Vazra

That stream while playing somewhat better and better quality than the previous stream had that cringeworthy area. "NO ONE WANTS TO SEE DUDES PLAYING!!!" *Facepalms*

Not too much. Was just a look at a preview build for kicks.

Some looks at new hairstyles - Kasumi side ponytail, Mila's pinned hair, Momiji short, Koko ponytail, Lisa grey hair, etc. We'd seen most, but not really in gameplay and close-up on character screen before.

I thought the new police and Xmas costumes weren't being included, but they were there in the build. No idea if it was data carried over or what...

ShinMaruku

Must either be refrering to some other shit or it was that in doax. Oh well. It's good you know the names. You should consult them on Lisa, she needs consultant just like Momiji needs me to consult so she'd just be naked. :E

Must either be refrering to some other shit or it was that in doax. Oh well. It's good you know the names. You should consult them on Lisa, she needs consultant just like Momiji needs me to consult so she'd just be naked. :E

I had to check the wiki for the swimsuit name, TBH. Its been a while since I played DoAX2.
Naked Momiji (and everyone else on the PC version) may only be a month or two away - depending on how much freedom and time the worlds talented modders have :)

Those naked mods exist already for modded games, but let's not get into ps3 and 360 modding it's too funny at times.

I wouldnt expect too much from console mods. From what I saw on youtube, the girls just got re-texture jobs - which is still good, but Im hoping for higher quality stuff on the PC.

Hubb

Do we know what new costumes (New for LR not costumes included from 5/5U) are going to be included with LR? Trying to decide if I am just going to go F2P on PS4 or not. Sadly the inclusion of all the preorder DLC with a preorder through PSN would probably push me into getting the retail version.

Vazra

Do we know what new costumes (New for LR not costumes included from 5/5U) are going to be included with LR? Trying to decide if I am just going to go F2P on PS4 or not. Sadly the inclusion of all the preorder DLC with a preorder through PSN would probably push me into getting the retail version.

Edit: NEW NEW

Ehhhh there was a stream that showed pretty much most outfits and haircuts IIRC.

Hubb

Edit: NEW NEW

Ehhhh there was a stream that showed pretty much most outfits and haircuts IIRC.

Are we talking 1 new per character, or at least 2-3? I'm leaning towards just going F2P for PS4, but it seems like I am trying to find reasons to convince myself to go retail.

Edit: Well I am seeing the number 31 thrown around a lot when talking about new costumes. That number probably doesn't include the Preorder stuff, but when you throw in the new characters it probably boils down to 1 new costume for each character.

Vazra

Are we talking 1 new per character, or at least 2-3? I'm leaning towards just going F2P for PS4, but it seems like I am trying to find reasons to convince myself to go retail.

Edit: Well I am seeing the number 31 thrown around a lot when talking about new costumes. That number probably doesn't include the Preorder stuff, but when you throw in the new characters it probably boils down to 1 new costume for each character.

There was a stream which is archived so you could try finding the links on the thread. I didnt pay much attention to the outfits to be honest so I cant tell you but I know they were showing off stuff as they were picking characters.

Vazra

So DOA has been ruined for rewarding people who bother to learn the game? The fuck outta here Itagaki.

DOA5 is still an accessible game but this time around focuses on rewarding the people who bother to learn the systems instead of rewarding random guesses and button mashing. DOA still has multiple things to fix but DOA5 was a step in the right direction compared to Itagaki's last DOA which speaking of balance was an unbalanced mess from characters to mechanics. The only thing I could give him is Ninja Gaiden and that still can be improved with a new NG rather than doing a retooling of NG3.

DOA is better without you Itagaki. Say bye to your daughters you BITCH!!!!

dreamfall

Some absolute gold in that interview:

Itagaki: Oh, that girl is very technical! Do you know why I call her that girl? It’s because she is my daughter. I love her. I love all the characters I made. They’re all my children. When I create a character, I don’t just concentrate on their moves, I care about everything from the way they look, to their personality, to their back story to the way they grow. Just like raising my own children.

Itagaki: Everybody is a little perverted; even I’m a little perverted. But, it was for that very reason I created DOAX; in order to target the people who wanted something a little bit more casual and sexy but at the same time keeping that tone separate from the “fighting game” that is DOA. DOA is now a total mess.

Eolz

Actually I can understand his point of view a little better now. It's a lot more detailed and less harsh than some of his comments on facebook or elsewhere.

I don't think he's wrong in saying that the game is a bit less accessible now (which isn't a bad thing), and that its focus changed too much since its original release.
He's obviously still bitter and exagerating some issues though.

ShinMaruku

I would argue it's more accessible than before. Because earlier you could just mash counter and hope for the best.

Still hard to take the man seriously when his answer was "Mash faster"

Top Bottom