• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't really pay attention to the DOA community -outside of GAF, of course- are people calling Rachel broken, or is this just due to Lopedo (sp) winning The Fall Classic with her?

I played one ranked match against this guy. It was a lagfest, but even then all he did was mash the punch button with Akira, so I won by blocking and retaliating with basic combos or parrying. And man, was he SALTY, lol. (Note- he is responding to me taunting at the end of the last match)

26Bx4Ch.jpg
pMFaqAQ.jpg

iMW8L5j.jpg
YPiNFpw.jpg

M04xRUK.jpg

Reminds me of the good ol' days of vanilla SF4, when the hatemail came by the truckload.

He's back!

A friend sent me the following:

Played your boy last night- ran through him 3 times and then I get a message.

bcAdgCvl.jpg

4PGWZrsl.jpg

Ej7qyqHl.jpg

laugh_.gif

My friend got another one from him!

hdYCDGhl.jpg

What's funny about this is that he fucked up the romanization- it says "You are dead too."

I think I played this guy before and I think he even sent me a message as well. Can't remember. I could of sworn he was in one of the DOA lobbies putting messages in the chat box.

laugh_.gif

ShinMaruku

Had a good hour in the lobby. GGS to Azuardo his Misty is getting good. Also GGS to the others. I may get on later if it's still up.

thejpfin

Finally pulled pretty decent counter holds in short Gaf lobby, but what is the button order if you wanna counter hold kick from enemy who is down? Is that 1+Hold or 3+Hold?

Edit: Of course that stuff is in command training, but I just can't learn that stuff from training mode very well.

ggs to all, and thanks, Shin. Managed to win some against you today, somehow. Still need a lot of work.

Finally pulled pretty decent counter holds in short Gaf lobby, but what is the button order if you wanna counter hold kick from enemy who is down? Is that 1+Hold or 3+Hold?

Edit: Of course that stuff is in command training, but I just can't learn that stuff from training mode very well.

I believe to hold mid-kick from downed opponent is 6+Hold; to hold low-kick from downed opponent is 1+Hold.

ShinMaruku

Yup you got the hold notation right. :)

Abd yup you are getting better keep working at it. Remember there are some people who beat me badly as well too. :p

I think Mila has the biggest butt, especially in her racing outfit

I must admit, from what Ive seen, for outfits that dont show much skin, those racing outfits look pretty nice.

I think they all have the same ass. Just some outfits accentuate their bootys.

I think it has more to do with how the character is standing/posed, than what outfit they are wearing (though that does help too).
Like I said, guys, throw one of the gold bikinis on Helena and check out her new taunt. Her butt looks pretty big (and awesome).

Niitris

That Kojima guy looks so damn obnoxious... all of that came from one match? o_0

And yes, some outfits makes the butts seem bigger then they actually are (kinda like real life).

Vade

What are the requirements to unlock Christie's costume 06? Is it a certain number of throw down matches, online wins, or what?

Mesharey

Hm? You just repeatedly beat Arcade mode to unlock costumes in the latest update. Do it on Rookie for easy wins, over and over. Tag Arcade for two costumes at once.
I think he means the legendary costume, you need to finish the hardest difficulty in time attack.

I think he means the legendary costume, you need to finish the hardest difficulty in time attack.

Ah yes, I forgot she had a costume that could only be unlocked that way. I think Tina and Lisa had one, too?

But I unlocked them through playing online matches. I think you have to play ranked a lot of times to get them that way instead. Or at least, in DOA5 vanilla I did.

Mesharey

Ah yes, I forgot she had a costume that could only be unlocked that way. I think Tina and Lisa had one, too?

But I unlocked them through playing online matches. I think you have to play ranked a lot of times to get them that way instead. Or at least, in DOA5 vanilla I did.
Yes you can unlock the costume by playing ranked match but I forgot how many, maybe 150.

Skilletor

Man, the netcode in this is just bad. It masks lag okay, but it makes countering, punishing and blocking nearly impossible. I got hit by Leon's 2kk so many times even though I know I'm blocking it. I can't counter easy stuff on reaction. I end up playing super stupid because I know I can't react how I want to online.

So frustrating.

Just made C- rank and have lost less than to games out of 90 or so played, but it doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.

I'd like to see more normal outfits instead of all the themed stuff eventually. Just stuff that would suit the character like their primary outfit. Either that or a color edit mode. I'd like to see some new outfits for Alpha too. Having bits of machinery hanging off her, weird tendrils, a Grudge like outfit. They have a lot of things they could try with her that would look really cool rather than just another color.

GrayFoxPL

I'd like to see more normal outfits instead of all the themed stuff eventually. Just stuff that would suit the character like their primary outfit. Either that or a color edit mode. I'd like to see some new outfits for Alpha too. Having bits of machinery hanging off her, weird tendrils, a Grudge like outfit. They have a lot of things they could try with her that would look really cool rather than just another color.

Agreed. Especially outfits for VF characters, like my favorite VF4 Jacky red racing outfit.

thejpfin

Is it free? LOL
I hope, but
$9,99 is my bet

Got new capture card and had to make new DoA video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnoFLZMjuA
Attack on Titan music on DoA footage lol.

I like how I have been mainly using Ayane and Kasumi even though I have the full retail version of this game, 30 euros well spent.
Also I like trophies and is so easy to get those in this game. Just need "Unchallenged Champion - trophy" then platinum happens, but is really hard to get. Well I'm still a noob...

I hope, but
$9,99 is my bet

Got new capture card and had to make new DoA video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnoFLZMjuA
Attack on Titan music on DoA footage lol.

I like how I have been mainly using Ayane and Kasumi even though I have the full retail version of this game, 30 euros well spent.
Also I like trophies and is so easy to get those in this game. Just need "Unchallenged Champion - trophy" then platinum happens, but is really hard to get. Well I'm still a noob...

What's the requirement for that trophy?

Haha, I wish Core Fighters had trophies, dammit XD

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Do we have any idea when the halloween costumes are coming out?

thejpfin

What's the requirement for that trophy?

Haha, I wish Core Fighters had trophies, dammit XD
Trophy req:
Complete all lessons for a character in Combo Challenge.
Is really hard if you can barely make one combo :p

When I first tried Core Fighters, I didn't like the feeling of not getting trophies when I play this. Trophies are useless, but can't play without them.

Do we have any idea when the halloween costumes are coming out?

I don't think so. Team Ninja has only been dropping image teasers every couple of days on Twitter, and that's all we've got atm.

Trophy req:
Complete all lessons for a character in Combo Challenge.
Is really hard if you can barely make one combo :p
Ah, true. I think I still haven't done a couple for Kasumi...maybe more. Definitely haven't done the Tag combo.

Top Bottom