• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Espada

Jacky owns everyone ...again.

I don't know what it is, but I can't deal with Jacky or Helena at all. The way they fight throws me way off, and if they connect they keep you stunned for days. I'm trying to get into the habit of not pressing attack buttons because the counter strike damage is no joke.
Anyone else here use Momiji? I really like how she fights.

BTW, those checkered jumpsuit outfits for Tina and Lisa look awesome.

Hubb

Quick question that may also be a dumb question. I was dog sitting for a friend the other day (saturday) and was using his wifi for my ps3 and playing DoA5U. I was getting a ton of throwdown invites, within seconds of each other and it was glorious.

I have my ps3 hardwired at my house and even after they patched solo throwdowns I never got many. Sun-today at my house I am back to getting basically 0 throwdowns, and not finding anyone if I got to search for a ranked game. I can still play in lobbies (and that is what I normally do), but I'd love to go back to having those throwdowns.

I understand time of day matters, but I got almost nothing all throughout sunday and nothing at all today. Is there some setting on my router that is causing a problem. I play a bunch of other multiplayer games and don't have problems.

Ok, that wasn't that quick but thank you for reading it/helping.

thejpfin

I understand time of day matters, but I got almost nothing all throughout sunday and nothing at all today.

Yeah this happens to me too. There is moments when you get throwdowns constantly and sometimes none. Not sure why.

Now that I have perfect win streak in ranked, I don't really accept throwdowns invs. Usually I lose throwdown matches for some strange reason. When my win streak stops, back to accepting throwdown invs lol.

Kumubou

From messing around and fighting against Jacky, he had a lot of moves that were special highs in VF5 (where they were high but would CH attacks that go under normal highs) but they're almost all just regular highs now, since DoA doesn't have special high/mid/low moves. So there's a lot of spots where you can 2P him out of his strings safely in DoA5U (whereas trying to do so in VF5 would get you killed).

PotatoCat

I played DOA 5 U at my friends house for the first time and i really underestimated the simple looking controls. Damn this game is complex and hard, but very enjoyable. I also downloaded the Plus demo on my Vita and i had the same experience.

Espada

From messing around and fighting against Jacky, he had a lot of moves that were special highs in VF5 (where they were high but would CH attacks that go under normal highs) but they're almost all just regular highs now, since DoA doesn't have special high/mid/low moves. So there's a lot of spots where you can 2P him out of his strings safely in DoA5U (whereas trying to do so in VF5 would get you killed).

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm looking for any kind of solution to the Jacky problem, he's a major pain in my ass.

Hubb

Yeah this happens to me too. There is moments when you get throwdowns constantly and sometimes none. Not sure why.

I was hoping it was something else other than that. Saturday was amazing, I got throwdowns all the time and was playing constantly. This has only happened at my friend's house. I have a great connection at my house and can never get any (or rarely do).

Mesharey

Strange tweets from Team NINJA:

Like I said on Friday the 13th, by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes. ‪#‎DOA5U‬‪#‎fighterstyle

1294550_433408773429880_1791813491_o.jpg

Pillage, plunder, loot and crush all who stand in your way! ‪#‎DOA5U‬ ‪#‎fighterstyle

1274773_433409350096489_655026190_o.jpg

Endo Punk

DOA6 needs to bring back arcade endings for each character. The DOA5 story mode is mind numbingly stupid and above all, boring. It would be easier to just do CGI endings, those were actually good in DOA, well most anyway. They would even have more times to fix the goddamn jaggies then.

Also I need Brad's disco outfit from DOA4 with his glorious long flowing hair!

2784038-brad_wong_1.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so core fighters is finally out in Europe. Are there any major differences between that and DoA5+? I have that free from PS+ and wondering if it is worth switching over to core fighters.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so core fighters is finally out in Europe. Are there any major differences between that and DoA5+? I have that free from PS+ and wondering if it is worth switching over to core fighters.

Well, for one: The playerbase moved to 5U/Core Fighters and the other is rebalancing/new characters.

So, yes.

Dantis

This would have been a perfect opportunity for some Fatal Frame crossover costumes.

BUT NO. NOTHING.

THANKS TECMO.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Tina.

ShinMaruku

I hope everybody get that red riding hood outfit. So when I fight Brad with Hitomi in that outfit I hear, "Run away little girl run awaaaayyy"

Pimpbaa

Can't wait to see all the girls halloween outfits. Even if they are all rehashes, they should look immensely better on the new models.

GrayFoxPL

Can't find the option to choose the p2 side. Where is it?

I always play on 2p side in fighters so this is really bothersome.

thejpfin

Hopefully this Halloween update comes to everyone at the same time (talking about regions), but I have bad feeling that EU store is gonna be late again...come on SCEE step your game up.

Can't find the option to choose the p2 side. Where is it?

I always play on 2p side in fighters so this is really bothersome.

Don't think you can set this for online, if that's what you're referring to.

For Versus or Team Fight, though, you can press left or right when the Player 1 controller comes up before proceeding to the character select screen.

GrayFoxPL

Don't think you can set this for online, if that's what you're referring to.

For Versus or Team Fight, though, you can press left or right when the Player 1 controller comes up before proceeding to the character select screen.

Why they did it for 2 modes and not all? Smh.

Thanks.

So we've got...

Feudal Princess Kasumi
Viking Bass
Gladiator Leon
Red Riding Hood Hitomi

I'm digging the Halloween theme, even if three of them so far are rehashes. I hope every character gets a costume, and that the dudes are suitably sexed up.

Exactly. I was called a button masher, then I told him to come back when he's learnt how to use the hold button. Kept replying back to me. Very sore loser. I had the last say then blocked him, the prick. Actually the first person I've ever blocked lol.

thejpfin

. Actually the first person I've ever blocked lol.

Luckily there is only few players in this game who do that stuff like sending hate-mails and such. Most players are friendly.

God damn, I lost my 11 win streak. It was F rank player with zero matches and wins so I thought: "This will be easy". But nope. He/she was so good, pulled combos constantly.
Got my ass kicked xD . Lesson learned: Ranks don't mean shit.

Kumubou

Mmm, if they're going to bring back old outfits, they should bring back the Deception crossovers that Ayane and Helena had in DoA2. Actually, knowing Tecmo, there's about a 100% chance of that happening around Deception 5's release next year. :x

The more I play this game, the more I'm not sure if it's a good game or not. I really do wish things were just slightly more safe on hit and on block, across the board.

xion4360

So we've got...

Feudal Princess Kasumi
Viking Bass
Gladiator Leon
Red Riding Hood Hitomi

I'm digging the Halloween theme, even if three of them so far are rehashes. I hope every character gets a costume, and that the dudes are suitably sexed up.

The red riding hood is tina. trust me.

Top Bottom