• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Dantis

If they're not committed to putting at least one of these in the game, they shouldn't have bothered. Even just one would be a waste though.

I figured they'd pick like 8-10 winners and release a whole pack. It's not like they're short on legitimately good submissions. The community is probably better at this than they are, truth be told.

I think they'll do exactly that. The disclaimer is presumably in case all the submissions were garbage.

Ultimadrago

I can't find any Mila, Marie Rose, Hitomi (that I like), Leifang and Tina (that I like) contest costumes so far. Hope this contest doesn't end up dry for me because I'd like to vote come the 17th.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You got links for them?

Mine which already is here.
Bk8XR7ACAAA8bQa.jpg

ChristieTechsuit.jpg

BkJ2yfkCcAAFixC.jpg

Bk8cK7XCUAEl6SY.jpg:large

BjaaJinCIAAdM5M.jpg
(Remove the hat)
BjTBA5ICEAEWhVB.jpg:large

doa_eliot_punk_rock_costume_by_tyaren-d7czsls.jpg

10151303_284551488378593_7059843380257396651_n.jpg

BkmesaQCIAElIFi.jpg:large

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Punk Rock Elliot. *dead* At least it would make him look more "male"ish. :p

Those are actually pretty good. But I was asking more for "where are they being submitted to so I can go through the submissions" than anything. :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Punk Rock Elliot. *dead* At least it would make him look more "male"ish. :p

Those are actually pretty good. But I was asking more for "where are they being submitted to so I can go through the submissions" than anything. :p

I was watching them on Free Step Dodge. But I think you can go to Team Ninja FB page and see the post by people and on twitter look for #DOACostumes

Some posted here on the FB page.

Galdelico

Hey DoAgaf, is there any chance that the game will receive an arcade mode updade, as it happened to Killer Instinct?
I don't even wish for an entirely new story mode (I guess they would save it for a hypothetical PS4 Definitive Edtion), I'd be happy with something like Dead or Alive 2 arcade endings... Something very simple, using in-game models and existing assets.

I had quite a horrible online experience with vanilla DoA5 and the brief try I gave to Core Fighters didn't seem to be any different... But whereas DoA5 had a fresh new story mode, offline play and local coop to keep me busy anyway, Ultimate only provides alot of nice DLC costumes and nothing else really (local coop is not that easy anymore and I'm not interested in re-playing survival and time attack over and over again).
I should probably just move on to something else but I loved DoA5 and missing Ultimate makes me feel kinda bad. XD

TheSeks

Decided to grab the PS3 version of Ultimate.

A $25 Amazon gift card I nearly forgot about made the decision pretty easy.

Now use that $20 gift card to get the Core Fighters (which is meh and doubling up) and 80 outfits (better) since they didn't discount the costumes only.

TheSeks

Now use that $20 gift card to get the Core Fighters (which is meh and doubling up) and 80 outfits (better) since they didn't discount the costumes only.

Wow, that discount items isn't as many as I thought it'd be. :/ Round 3, Hot Getaway, Players Choice, Gym Class, Santa's, Cheerleader, Hotties Swimwear...

If you already had DOA5+'s preorder bonuses (Cheerleader, some of the Swimsuits) it's not too strong a deal. Double so if you bought Round 3 and the others in DOA5.

I was expecting more outfits than this. But for $20, I can't really complain about finally getting the Gym Wear and Schoolgirl outfits for Hitomi... Plus being able to use the characters in Core Fighters outside of Marie Rose now. Just IIRC Core Fighters locks the Story and Training mode, yeah?

(Plus these outfits while coming from DOA5/5+ aren't unlocked for that title either. Expected, but disappointing for those of us that have bought the damn game three times already. :/)

Still a lot of outfits missing as well. Guess they can't give them all out for $20 up to this point. Meh. :/

(Plus these outfits while coming from DOA5/5+ aren't unlocked for that title either. Expected, but disappointing for those of us that have bought the damn game three times already. :/)

This is actually slightly annoying, to be honest. They are, in all technicality, a cross-buy item between the versions, but the key for all DOA5 outfits in DOA5U is just the single 100k key and not all of the old outfit downloads. Some of us actually already have all of the DOA5 outfits that are in the pack, but because they're listed for a different title, an time we want to redownload them for, say, a HDD wipe or a 2nd PS3, we end up going through the rigmarole of downloading the outfit packs, waiting for them to install and grabbing the next few and repeating until done because the download queue on PSN has a limit.

And don't get me started on some of the outfits being bundled with the Vita download as well, which, in the case of the cheerleaders pack, fills the download queue instantly and forces you to grab the ones that didn't get queued.

I'm semi-seriously considering commissioning an artist to draw my idea for Bayman's outfit. He deserves more entries, and I really love my idea...

Hmmm...

Galdelico

I'm semi-seriously considering commissioning an artist to draw my idea for Bayman's outfit. He deserves more entries, and I really love my idea...

Hmmm...

If you are still looking and there is enough time left for the entry (I wouldn't like to rush a crappy job and waste your concept), shoot me a PM.
No money, of course, just for the fun of it.

Another Helena outfit huh, I'm not normally big on the whole nurse thing, but I'll probably end up getting this one.
Not bad

BlRfZGHCQAE4AH6.jpg:large

I'm feeling the Taki and
Taimanin Asagi
vibe which is a good thing
Yeah I can see both the Taki and
Taimanin Asagi
vibes in there. If I played Momiji and this were a thing I'd get it.

That Bayman outfit is nice. I'm really hoping someone submitted a good costume for Ein. It would be nice to use something other than his default for once, even if I barely use him these days.

Galdelico

I just wanted to post the collaboration that Galdelico and myself have been working. (Mostly Galdelico, since it's his fantastic artwork.)

ibrplY94IJSeqh.jpg

It probably doesn't have a chance against the sexy female costumes, but I'm very pleased with it. Huge thanks again to Galdelico for providing the artwork.
Haha, dude once again thank you for the super kind praise, I just very literally followed your concept and suggestions so it all goes to you. That was alot of fun! :)

For those who aren't of FB, is there a gallery where I can have a look at all the entries? I've seen really good stuff on Free Step Dodge.

Top Bottom