• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Dantis

So I sent my entry as a PNG, but the contest rules state that they only accept JPEGs. Think I should re-send it as a JPEG?

Also cheers for the support, guys. If you vote for my design, I will be eternally thankful.

This is both less racy than I was expecting (while still being racy enough to be a DoA outfit :V ) and pretty damn good.

It's about as racy as I can muster, haha! I actually drew a normal outfit and then tried to DOA it up a bit. I'll post the original up here once the contest is over.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
kylieminogue912954.jpg

I was drawing something similar but with short pants for Christie but photoshop decided to crash and got frustrated and didnt bothered with it again. -_-
LOL

m0t0k1

The Million Fighters Set (Characters + Costumes) has now released on PSN in EU for €29,99. You will get all the 81 dlc costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+ and if you are on core fighters you will get all characters except Marie Rose. I am still on DOA5 and have downloaded core fighters. Is it worth the upgrade?

AAK

The Million Fighters Set (Characters + Costumes) has now released on PSN in EU for €29,99. You will get all the 81 dlc costumes from DOA5 and DOA5+ and if you are on core fighters you will get all characters except Marie Rose. I am still on DOA5 and have downloaded core fighters. Is it worth the upgrade?

Since everyone else is moving to 5U, yeah I'd say so.

AAK

I'm going through the command list of Bayman and one of his throws say "in water" do forward throw. So I go to change the stage to look for a stage that has water... I can't seem to find one. Are stages with water only playable in real games?

Also, is there anyway to keep the command list fixed on the screen like VF5 or TTT2 instead of going back into the menu each time?

Loona

I'm going through the command list of Bayman and one of his throws say "in water" do forward throw. So I go to change the stage to look for a stage that has water... I can't seem to find one. Are stages with water only playable in real games?

The beach/Zack Island and the inside of the old ruins have water there IIRC.

Also, is there anyway to keep the command list fixed on the screen like VF5 or TTT2 instead of going back into the menu each time?

Not that I know.

Mesharey

There's also flow or primal.

Command list, did you try to press start and activate frame data & command list?
In training you can perform all the commands.

AAK

The beach/Zack Island and the inside of the old ruins have water there IIRC.

There's also flow or primal.

Damn, I see my problem. I was always going into Free training mode with Tag mode enabled. For some reason the majority of the stages aren't available for use in Tag mode including the ones with Water.

BTW are multi-throws escapalbe? How do I do it. And how do I break out of Mila's takedown punches/throws? I'm just mashing and sometimes and I get out LOL. Can't remember where this was covered either in the tutorial.

Command list, did you try to press start and activate frame data & command list?
In training you can perform all the commands.

Do you mean going into "Other settings" and setting movelist on? That just provides the flowchart for the different strings. I want to actively cycle through the movelist without having to pause the game each time.

Mesharey

Do you mean going into "Other settings" and setting movelist on? That just provides the flowchart for the different strings. I want to actively cycle through the movelist without having to pause the game each time.
You can use the right stick to cycle through the movelist.

To escape from the multi-throw press the A/X button when a text appears (I forgot what it says).

AAK

So is it just an execution thing? There's no mixup to multithrows? I mean for example, when I do Aoi's hcb throw in VF I have a choice of 2 different option each with a different directional input to break out of it. Is there no mixup in this?

Also, what about Milla? Let's say I guessed she was going to throw but she did a strike during her takedown. Do I have to eat all the 3 punches or do I have a chance to break out after each punch?

GrayFoxPL

So is it just an execution thing? There's no mixup to multithrows? I mean for example, when I do Aoi's hcb throw in VF I have a choice of 2 different option each with a different directional input to break out of it. Is there no mixup in this?

Also, what about Milla? Let's say I guessed she was going to throw but she did a strike during her takedown. Do I have to eat all the 3 punches or do I have a chance to break out after each punch?

You can break after each strike afaik, her multis are shitty imo.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any mixup button inputs to breaking out of throws. You literally only need to press your own throw button to break out of any throw if you get caught in one.

That applies to being caught up in Mila's throws where she pins you down on the floor and punches you about three times. For each punch she lays on you, you have the chance to break out of it by pressing your throw button - by timing it correctly, of course. Like mentioned - it's as soon as you see the "combo throw" text appears on the screen, which is the cue for you to break out of it. But you can also get out of throws early if you read it early, like Shin also said.

ShinMaruku

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any mixup button inputs to breaking out of throws. You literally only need to press your own throw button to break out of any throw if you get caught in one.

That applies to being caught up in Mila's throws where she pins you down on the floor and punches you about three times. For each punch she lays on you, you have the chance to break out of it by pressing your throw button - by timing it correctly, of course. Like mentioned - it's as soon as you see the "combo throw" text appears on the screen, which is the cue for you to break out of it. But you can also get out of throws early if you read it early, like Shin also said.

You have it 100% correct. Playing Mila is good to see how to do throw breaks. Tehn when bass and them get you, you can be ready.

histopher

Is the winning costume actually made? I assumed it would be, but people are saying it doesn't get put in the game. Kind of pointless if that's the case.

Erm, I'm pretty sure the winning costume at the very least will be made and put into the game. That's the point of the contest, right? I've seen TN on twitter talking about challenging their designers to do it etc.

Edit: Ah, here we go. I guess it's not 100% guaranteed, but I'm sure the demand will be there to make some of them happen. I guess the designer comments I read were a response about how they will become reality if the designers can achieve it, or something.

Selected designs will win prizes and the costumes might become a reality!
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-costume-contest.4268/

Squire

Banned
If they're not committed to putting at least one of these in the game, they shouldn't have bothered. Even just one would be a waste though.

I figured they'd pick like 8-10 winners and release a whole pack. It's not like they're short on legitimately good submissions. The community is probably better at this than they are, truth be told.

I agree. That's why I thought it was the whole point of the competition, and the whole point of fans deciding the best ones - because it would be the ones that they ultimately get to use in the game. Hmm, they better not sod it off. I would like more than a few, too.

Hubb

Perhaps I am looking at this too negatively, but I think it is a good idea to not be 100% behind making the winner's costumes. That way if the contest goes sour, or the winning costume has some issue with it, they don't have to make it. Or have to deal with the backlash of backing out of making it if there really is a big issue with it.

I find it hard to believe they wont be making at least the winning costume, but who knows.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ibvX4i5JLZg8XU.png

Very very Early W.I.P without shadows or details

No side view yet and I havent worked at all on the arms or legs (hiding feet cause they look like nightmare material)

Forgot to edit the fist on the back view NOOO

Top Bottom