• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Laws00

Got it for xbox. Got my DLC code for the costumes even though I didnt pre-order the game. I felt kind of guilty

waiting for the f2p one for ps3 to try out

So Rachael is basically the female Spartan from DOA4 I take it with a few new moves?

Love me some Amazonian women

bumpkin

Hmm... Tempted to check this out. Has anyone with vanilla DOA5 picked this up? What does it bring over from an existing DOA5 save?

As a side note, if anyone else picked up DOA5+ for Vita during the Japanese Developer game sale a week or two back, feel free to add me. Playing against randoms is pretty much a crapshoot (as far as matchmaking), I'd be down to battle sometime. My PSN ID is DaveB1980

Hmm... Tempted to check this out. Has anyone with vanilla DOA5 picked this up? What does it bring over from an existing DOA5 save?

As a side note, if anyone else picked up DOA5+ for Vita during the Japanese Developer game sale a week or two back, feel free to add me. Playing against randoms is pretty much a crapshoot (as far as matchmaking), I'd be down to battle sometime. My PSN ID is DaveB1980

It brought over my Story progress, unlocked outfits (in-game and DLC) and other unlocks (system voices).

It did not seem to bring over my online records, luckily.

Edit: Oh, and titles were carried over as well.

Dantis

It brought over my Story progress, unlocked outfits (in-game and DLC) and other unlocks (system voices).

It did not seem to bring over my online records, luckily.

I'm almost disappointed, haha. I already have all the costumes and voices in vanilla, so I'll barely have anything to unlock!

I'm almost disappointed, haha. I already have all the costumes and voices in vanilla, so I'll barely have anything to unlock!

I had all the costumes but Alpha's because I didn't get around to unlocking 'her", but only 1 system voice because I suck. There still seems to be plenty of new costumes to be unlocked.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ended up buying it without preordering and Gamestop still gave me the DLC. Still can't reedeem as Sony it's being Sony.
LLShC.gif

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I am really, really liking Momiji. She plays like a much-more-fun-to-use Kasumi. Surprising since I generally prefer the grappler-types in DOA.

Rachel and Momiji makes for a nice tag team, too. The speed/power combination works well.

Is it just me, or does DOA5 Ultimate play a bit faster than vanilla DOA5 did? Maybe I'm imagining things.

Lyte Edge

Unlocking stuff seems faster now. I got a crapload of titles and am getting outfits and music for BOTH characters when playing through tag mode arcade now. Already unlocked all the new outfits for several characters.

Any netcode Impressions?

I only see a few lobbies right now and they're full or almost full. They got rid of the player-match type of match and now it's just Ranked and Lobby matches, which I think is a good thing -the playerbase was too split before- but I couldn't find anyone in ranked.

A few challenges popped up when I was going through arcade mode to unlock stuff, though. I think most people don't have the game yet. Plus once the F2P version is up everywhere that should help with the online population.

Asriel

I've exchanged by 360 for a PS3 now so it will be fun to start anew.

Picking this up after work. Looking forward to trying out Rachel and Momiji most.

I am really, really liking Momiji. She plays like a much-more-fun-to-use Kasumi. Surprising since I generally prefer the grappler-types in DOA.

Rachel and Momiji makes for a nice tag team, too. The speed/power combination works well.

Is it just me, or does DOA5 Ultimate play a bit faster than vanilla DOA5 did? Maybe I'm imagining things.

So glad to hear that. Those are the characters I intend on using, and Kasumi's always felt boring to me.

Lyte Edge

Is Alpha unlocked?

Everyone is unlocked from the start. Only outfits and music are locked now. The music system works like DOA5+ on Vita, allowing you to switch from stage themes to character themes. You can pick music from DOA2/Ultimate, DOA3, DOA4, and DOA5.

Lyte Edge

Oh, and the CPU randomly selects which outfits to wear now. For some reason, I keep getting opponents in the Santa suits.

Dantis

How many costumes does Momiji have? Just four?

Oh, and the CPU randomly selects which outfits to wear now. For some reason, I keep getting opponents in the Santa suits.

It did this in the last patch for DOA5 too. Unless it's using outfits you haven't actually purchased?

For those curious, photo saving is the same as vanilla on PS3. You can't export to jpeg or png.

What's the new tag throw command? I'm just guessing and mashing buttons here but it seems like Forward, Forward, Tag (R1 on PS3). The manual for this game is pathetic.

ShinAmano

For those curious, photo saving is the same as vanilla on PS3. You can't export to jpeg or png.

What's the new tag throw command? I'm just guessing and mashing buttons here but it seems like Forward, Forward, Tag (R1 on PS3). The manual for this game is pathetic.
Well 360 version has no manual so you are lucky ;)

LTWheels

Isn't that the original command from doa2? Glad they have changed it back.

Read a review that addressed the PS3 framerate issue. Said he didn't encounter any of it.

To those who have the PS3 version, did you encounter any framerate drops or issues?

Lyte Edge

Read a review that addressed the PS3 framerate issue. Said he didn't encounter any of it.

To those who have the PS3 version, did you encounter any framerate drops or issues?

I have seen the framerate get hit when playing arcade mode with throwdown (fight request) turned on. It doesn't happen often but seems to be similar to vanilla DOA5 in that regard. Turn off throwdown and you won't encounter it.

How many costumes does Momiji have? Just four?

Just four that I'm seeing. Unless there's some hidden outfits, the game now shows all the characters' outfits that haven't been unlocked yet. I can also confirm that some of the previous outfit unlocks from story mode now unlock normally like other outfits.

Game feels a little faster? Seems like it.

OK, so it's not just me? LOL.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ah, Leifang's long hair is L1/L2 now.

No frame rate issues here with throwdowns off. It does feel a little bit faster to me too.

Espada

Oh man, I just saw the outfits that came with the CE in Japan. I want the race queen stuff :(

Yeah, Lisa and Tina's look so awesome. I'm sure we'll get them as DLC eventually, but I would've offered those instead of the Bad Girls preorder incentive.

LOL, if I hadn't already purchased so much content for the U.S. DOA5, I would have imported that CE this week.

Heh. I got the CE of vanilla and felt kinda burned by that (a soundtrack of this awful music? hah!) so I didn't bother getting any of the North American DLC because it was so expensive. I'm glad I didn't now that so much of it is in Ultimate, but if they do release the race queen stuff I'll probably get it.

Yeah, Lisa and Tina's look so awesome. I'm sure we'll get them as DLC eventually, but I would've offered those instead of the Bad Girls preorder incentive.

Yeah, Lisa and Tina's are great. Mila's is awesome too. Some of the swimsuits aren't too bad either (I could do without the Japanese style ones). Dunno if I'd bother paying for any of those though, but they'd at least complete the set I have from the original North American CE.

Dantis

Anyone else feel the F2P side of this product is a tad overpriced? Still awesome how good of a demo this is though!

I think the lowest they could have gone is $3. $4 is about what I'd expect, and you get a lot of content for it. I mean, the old characters have a ton of costumes in Ultimate.

Skilletor

Rachel feels solid.

Only thing new I saw for Tina was an advanced hold for high punches. Probably try and mess around with it more tonight. Stupid homework. :(

Anyone else feel the F2P side of this product is a tad overpriced? Still awesome how good of a demo this is though!

They probably just didn't want it to work out cheaper than the retail disc. Probably could have knocked $5 off the price for the story mode though, that's waaaay too expensive, especially considering they didn't add in the new characters.

Skilletor

I like how you can see all of the outfits you need to unlock. Saves time looking up faqs and guessing/remembering how many each character has.

Top Bottom