• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Played about 10 matches and it's solid. Anyone's code from GameStop work yet?

Grisby

Playing some tag right now to unlock some stuff. Pai and Sarah's intro/outro is pretty awesome. I suppose it was probably in vanilla but I never played much tag in that.

Downloading Core Fighters now. May get the full version later this week on disc, but I don't know yet. We'll see. I skipped the original version of the game, but I do own Dead or Alive 1 through 4...but I never got around to 5, for some reason. Heh. I did like the demo for it, though. I played that quite a bit, though it's quite different from the final version.

I main Ayane and Hitomi, so I guess I'll be half-okay for a bit with Core Fighters. I like to mess with the whole cast something, though, and I do wanna try out the rest, especially the new characters and the Virtua Fighter character. I love me some Virtua Fighter. That I actually own all of the games for. I still find myself playing Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 a lot on my Saturn...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You are playing in the HK F2P Core Fighters?

Was. Deleted it when I got my disc of Ultimate. The pre-order code isn't working so I'm going to have to hassle Gamestop or Tecmo later this week if it doesn't activate on Friday. >:|

Ultimate has the stages unlocked from the getgo. No need to play online matches or add people to your friends list to play player matches for Forest and Lost World.

Lost World looks pretty. Had a Hitomi vs Lei-Fang match and it's basically an HD DOA3.

Weirdly, I don't see Core Fighters/demo on the US store. WTF SCEA?

It's there, just not on the front page or anything yet, for some reason. But if you search for it, it'll show up. That's how I started downloading it.

Which reminds me, I should go check on the download progress...78%...

Cels

Was. Deleted it when I got my disc of Ultimate. The pre-order code isn't working so I'm going to have to hassle Gamestop or Tecmo later this week if it doesn't activate on Friday. >:|

Ultimate has the stages unlocked from the getgo. No need to play online matches or add people to your friends list to play player matches for Forest and Lost World.

Lost World looks pretty. Had a Hitomi vs Lei-Fang match and it's basically an HD DOA3.

grace chen time in full effect?

YoungOne

It's in the free to play section.
Edit: Looks like I have to switch to a digital copy, today my ps3 disc drive just decided to go out again...

Squire

Banned
So, if you buy a character in Corr Fighters, do you get all their non-DLC costumes? I mean, you can unlock them?

Sora_N

Downloading f2p version now to see if it feels different, can't really afford to pay for the game. So you can't 'earn' trophies unless you unlock the full game right? Or do you earn and it will show up after you unlock? It doesn't matter that much I guess, since it's free.

Kumubou

What button layouts do you guys use on a stick?

Hm going to try layout C.
PK
GT
I use the same layout myself, except I don't have a throw button at all -- which would make it identical to VF's layout. (You can throw without T by inputting the directions with P+F).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
No luck on my Gamestop code either.

Anyone have success with their Gamestop pre-order code?

I haven't tried it but according to everyone on gamefaqs, no one there is having any luck either. Silly that's our Tecmo *laughtrack*

edit: Anyone up for some matches? PSN : Paulink

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ranked is completely dead for me. I can't find any games in solo or tag. Lobbies are a little better but I'm getting the same 0 bar connections that the game says are 5 bar connections for me. :/

Ranked is completely dead for me. I can't find any games in solo or tag. Lobbies are a little better but I'm getting the same 0 bar connections that the game says are 5 bar connections for me. :/

Same here. I know the game just came out, but I was hoping the match finding would've been snappier. I finally found an opponent, then mashed X to accept, but it wouldn't go and the person quit on me. I immediately realized my controller turned itself off because finding a match took so long.

Ken

How do you do Stagger Escape? Tutorial said hold H after taking an attack and mashing buttons but nothing happens.

E: Now I'm having trouble doing it off sit-down stun.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Maybe it's because i'm just coming off of jojo and its unbearable sluggishness, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with this game! It's no VF5, but it'll do as long as there are still players. :)

DR2K

Banned
How do you do Stagger Escape? Tutorial said hold H after taking an attack and mashing buttons but nothing happens.

E: Now I'm having trouble doing it off sit-down stun.

Wiggle your stick/pad, mash guard.

Sit downs can't really be escaped. Just get less disadvantage frame wise.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone else find Momiji's idle animation strange? She's unnaturally frozen, especially when compared to the rest of the cast. It's kind of jarring after a combo.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
DLC codes are working now

Does anyone else find Momiji's idle animation strange? She's unnaturally frozen, especially when compared to the rest of the cast. It's kind of jarring after a combo.

Yeah, I find it weird.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
DLC codes are working now

Yay. Odd how they're 100 kb files, how much do we want to bet the rest of the "planned" dlc is on the disc?

Regardless, I'm happy. These costumes are HOT. Though I've been doing terrible in ranked so far.

Yay. Odd how they're 100 kb files, how much do we want to bet the rest of the "planned" dlc is on the disc?

Regardless, I'm happy. These costumes are HOT. Though I've been doing terrible in ranked so far.

At least if they're on the disc, they'll show up for other people when you play online, unlike vanilla.

Sophia

Heeeadache.... just played 15 games in a row with no breaks against a few other GAFers. That was fun, but man was I worn out.

The netcode is extremely solid however. Almost no lag in those games. Way better than the original DOA5/DOA5+

just booted up the game... should i go casual or pro?

after googling, (at least for vanilla doa5) apparently there are undocumented effects that you can only change by deleting your save and re-choosing?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
At least if they're on the disc, they'll show up for other people when you play online, unlike vanilla.

That never really mattered to me, I don't get costumes for other people to see. If it was a big deal, they could release a compatibility patch kinda like what original street fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 5 do.

It's nice that they're on the disc, but it's not a very good justification for more on disc dlc.

kuYuri

Even with free versions of this and Tekken, I still find it difficult to get back into 3D fighters, even casually. :(

Skilletor

I think rachel and Momiji's animations look awkward compared to the rest of the cast. Even the vf characters fit in better.

Top Bottom