• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

beje said:
For those complaining about not-so-smooth online matches, always remember to check the connection meter on the top right corner of the bottom screen the moment it asks you to confirm the match. Anything under two bars should be rejected.

By the way, I'm starting to get tired of Tactile Hayabushas. I always reject matches with people having it as favorite as they're cheap bastards spamming the projectile attack 90% of the times.
The projectile can't hit you if you're side stepping.

louie

beje said:
Yeah, I know how to counter it. But it doesn't stop being annoying. I have just fought 4 different people in a row using that cheap strategy before starting to reject them automatically.

Perhaps you should find a different method to counter it then. For example, if you use Hayate, or even Hayabusa himself, you can teleport to the opponents back as soon as you see them charge the blast and then punish them accordingly. I find that to be much more satisfying than simply mid counter hold, and it shuts down their spamming tactic pretty quickly.

Skilletor said:
Not true, it tracks.
Haybusa's charge move with the fireball? Just keep walking around Hayabusa and it won't hit. I had an online match where someone tried to keep running away and spam it and I walked around it every time with Ayane.

Edit: Hayabusa's Back P+K charge move, right?

Medalion

Banned
It's kinda ridiculous

I still cannot find this game in Future Shop in Canada, the website or their stores... it's almost as if they are never going to carry it because they must think the 3DS did so poorly in sales overall they won't order new games unless they are for sure big hits like Zelda OOT or Resident Evil Mercenaries or something

lazybones18 said:
Damn, even with Alpha-152, I got taken down by the 2nd Raidou in 100-Man Survivial
Remember, let him come to you if you have problems beating him. Most of the time he starts running towards you, then simply use high kicks or high punches (leons R forward bitchslap works like a charme)

RpgN

Skilletor said:
No, just paraphrasing what you said. I'm enjoying the game because for a handheld fighter there isn't much competition on that front.

Compared to other entries in the series, its gameplay is closest to DoA4. I don't see why anybody who disliked DoA4 would like this game since they play similarly. I like it because, as I said earlier, I have different expectations of a handheld fighter than I do a console fighter. I'm never going to take this game seriously on a competitive level, so I can have fun. But it is definitely DoA4 on portable.

Oh, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding you there :p

You see, I have different reasons for not liking DoA4 in comparison to DoAD and it wasn't mainly because of the gameplay. When I started playing the game, I felt it was sloppy. The graphics didn't look that good, the hairs looked funny, the environments where chaotic and the framerate was bad. The music wasn't memorable and added that sense of chaotic to me, the areas were bland and not memorable for the most part. I thought the new character Mariposa was silly and doesn't fit with DoA (personally of course) but I did like Kokoro and Eliot at least. The endings and FMV's were silly and stupid, like Kasumi's ending. It's just a different tone, like being in a circus and not following the tone of previous DoA fighters. And as for the gameplay, it felt weird. With previous DoA games, I could just pick them up, have fun and the fights were fast. When I got into DoA4 at first, it felt slow and you were counter attacked very often, I didn't feel it. To me, I didn't feel like they treated DoA4 as a high profile AAA fighter like DoA3 and 2 Ultimate. Those games pushed everything out of the Xbox 1, played smoothly, everything was polished as hell, and the tone was a tiny bit different and more to my liking. I felt very disappointed with it, but I haven't sold it yet and will try and give it another chance some time.

Now Dead or Alive Dimensons on the 3DS feels more solid so far. The game's tone, is more like DoA3 and 2, I liked that they are focusing more on Mugen Tenshin clan and there is more reason behind it. My favourite areas are back, along with having the ability to play with all the characters. There is so much to collect, the game is full of content. Everything is very smooth on 2D (haven't played online yet) and the controls work surprisingly well on the 3DS. The game did a better job at introducing its gameplay and how it plays (especially when I haven't played with DoA games for a long time) The graphics look impressive but I still expected more, the FMV's quality could have been better. Those are my only slight complains but the game was made with more care and the rest is far more imporant that gives me this impression. That it made good use of the 3DS and is very fun.

That's how it feels to me and I can't help feeling that way.

Skilletor

I've seen several people say the framerate in DoA4 was bad. This makes no sense to me. Pretty sure every DoA has been a rock solid 60fps. In fact, the only games from Team Ninja that aren't a solid 60fps are the current-gen NG games. This game frame when some hit sparks are on the screen, or because of a particular stage. It's not a solid 60 all the time. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but I definitely see it.

Your other complaints make no sense to me from a gameplay perspective. This IS DoA4 and it has one less counter, so you should be getting countered more. I'd imagine you like it more because the AI is easier (you said you haven't played online, and I'm assuming that means you haven't played another person). Or, at least, that's the reason you're not getting countered so much (not playing against actual people + playing shitty AI).

I can agree about the stages, especially coming off of DoA2:U. But the stages in DoA:D are lacking to me as well. Maybe it's because of my nostalgia for DoA2, but that had some of the best stages in any fighting game ever.

The only new characters in this game are the shitty bosses, who I could do without. Every character was in DoA4, so...don't get that complaint unless your favorite character is Genra, Raidou, or Jello Kasumi.

I can understand enjoying it as it's an impressive package for a handheld fighter, but I don't feel it's very impressive in comparison to other entries of the series.

frogg609

I picked this up the other day but haven't gotten much time with it yet. I was curious, reading the OP there are 32 downloadable costumes, how do I get them?

Medalion said:
It's kinda ridiculous

I still cannot find this game in Future Shop in Canada, the website or their stores... it's almost as if they are never going to carry it because they must think the 3DS did so poorly in sales overall they won't order new games unless they are for sure big hits like Zelda OOT or Resident Evil Mercenaries or something

I bought this at EB Day 1. Why are you waiting for FS to get it in?

NateDrake

frogg609 said:
I picked this up the other day but haven't gotten much time with it yet. I was curious, reading the OP there are 32 downloadable costumes, how do I get them?
Each day Tecmo releases new costumes via SpotPass. You need to have SpotPass enabled in the game. All you need to do is have the system on and online on to get them.

frogg609

NateDrake said:
Each day Tecmo releases new costumes via SpotPass. You need to have SpotPass enabled in the game. All you need to do is have the system on and online on to get them.

K I'll do that when I get home tonight. Have I missed out on the previously released ones, or will they download as well?

NateDrake

frogg609 said:
K I'll do that when I get home tonight. Have I missed out on the previously released ones, or will they download as well?
Missed out on them. They'll be given out again later this month. You'll get a Throwdown challenge and a new costume today for Ayane.

Lan_97

For those of you who played both SSF4 and DoAD, how would you compare the two in terms of content? Single player modes, unlockables, spotpass extras, online ranking system, etc?

P90

Skilletor said:
I've seen several people say the framerate in DoA4 was bad. This makes no sense to me. Pretty sure every DoA has been a rock solid 60fps. In fact, the only games from Team Ninja that aren't a solid 60fps are the current-gen NG games. This game frame when some hit sparks are on the screen, or because of a particular stage. It's not a solid 60 all the time. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but I definitely see it.

I can understand enjoying it as it's an impressive package for a handheld fighter, but I don't feel it's very impressive in comparison to other entries of the series.

I had a couple matches this morning. I sat right next to my router. No other router activity going on. There was lag. Just like I got messed over in the past on a couple matches when using a "fast" character like Kasumi, my opponent got the short end of the stick with his/her Kasumi. I was able to land more powerful attacks with my Kokoro while his/her Kasumi was moving much slower than she does normally in-game. With today, I have to admit that I am having more matches with lag that affects online gameplay and outcome than smooth and fair matches.

I find that this version has a certain "charm" that reminds me of DOA 2 on the DC. I did not find 3 and 4 to be as enjoyable as 2 or Dimensions. Of course, DOA 1 has its own certain charm. ;^)

Skilletor

IT's hilarious how they ignore the men when it comes to extra outfits. Gonna have two DLC outfits for the ladies before a single man gets one extra.

P90 said:
I had a couple matches this morning. I sat right next to my router. No other router activity going on. There was lag. Just like I got messed over in the past on a couple matches when using a "fast" character like Kasumi, my opponent got the short end of the stick with his/her Kasumi. I was able to land more powerful attacks with my Kokoro while his/her Kasumi was moving much slower than she does normally in-game. With today, I have to admit that I am having more matches with lag that affects online gameplay and outcome than smooth and fair matches.

I find that this version has a certain "charm" that reminds me of DOA 2 on the DC. I did not find 3 and 4 to be as enjoyable as 2 or Dimensions. Of course, DOA 1 has its own certain charm. ;^)

I don't get what any of this has to with what I said. The game is closest in gameplay to DoA4. People saying they like this but didn't like 4, well, okay...I guess? I like it for the reasons I've stated earlier. But the gameplay is like DoA4.

I've had laggy matches in DoA:D. I've had laggy matches in SSF4, too. But the majority of games for me have been extremely playable.

P90

Skilletor said:
IT's hilarious how they ignore the men when it comes to extra outfits. Gonna have two DLC outfits for the ladies before a single man gets one extra.

I don't get what any of this has to with what I said. The game is closest in gameplay to DoA4. People saying they like this but didn't like 4, well, okay...I guess? I like it for the reasons I've stated earlier. But the gameplay is like DoA4.

I've had laggy matches in DoA:D. I've had laggy matches in SSF4, too. But the majority of games for me have been extremely playable.

You are right. I am taking care of my ill daughter today and got distracted. I was probably meaning to answer another post. My bad.

Skilletor

P90 said:
You are right. I am taking care of my ill daughter today and got distracted. I was probably meaning to answer another post. My bad.

lol, DoA is a nice distraction from sick children! :p

RpgN

Skilletor said:
I've seen several people say the framerate in DoA4 was bad. This makes no sense to me. Pretty sure every DoA has been a rock solid 60fps. In fact, the only games from Team Ninja that aren't a solid 60fps are the current-gen NG games.

I might be mixing things here, but it might have been screentearing instead, does that ring any bell? It was definitely annoying and distracting. Sorry if I used the wrong term.

Your other complaints make no sense to me from a gameplay perspective.

Well yes, because to me, other things also matter in a game besides gameplay. I look at the whole package and that also applies for fighting games :)

I'd imagine you like it more because the AI is easier (you said you haven't played online, and I'm assuming that means you haven't played another person). Or, at least, that's the reason you're not getting countered so much (not playing against actual people + playing shitty AI).

It's true that I haven't played against another person yet but I certainly don't like it more because the AI is easier. At the beginning near the introduction, yeah but after that I get fed up with it. That's why I go to Training mode and Free Mode to change the AI difficulty and have a better challenge between Chronicles Mode. I don't have a problem getting countered and find it fun. It's just that coming after DoA3 and 2U, DoA4 felt very annoying in that regard with its AI. I don't remember the AI's counters being that frequent as DoA4. The game did a shitty job at natural progression and you were thrown right into the game. But I suppose that doesn't bother people at all who are very good at DoA and play them often.

The only new characters in this game are the shitty bosses, who I could do without. Every character was in DoA4, so...don't get that complaint unless your favorite character is Genra, Raidou, or Jello Kasumi.

Yes, I also think it's an impressive package for a handheld fighter and am actually very curious playing with Genra, Raidou and more.

I don't think it's as impressive as DoA3 and U2, but as an overall package it's better than 4. Maybe nostalgia is a driving factor as well, seeing my favourite stages again along with story scenes. Coming after 4, my expectations were certainly rock bottom and I was expecting a crap game to be honest, so I was surprised it wasn't that bad.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lan_97 said:
For those of you who played both SSF4 and DoAD, how would you compare the two in terms of content? Single player modes, unlockables, spotpass extras, online ranking system, etc?

Both offer a good amount of content; SSF4 keeps the arcade mode (with intros and endings for all the characters), but DOAD the stories from DOA4 in favor of the new Chronicle mode. DOAD also has more modes of play available.

Online is a mixed bag for both-- SSF4 is 30FPS online, but from my experience with it, this makes for smoother matches overall and a feeling of less lag. DOAD is 60FPS online (with 3D off), but the frame rate can jump all over the place if your opponent doesn't have the best connection.

Both games make shitty use of friend codes. This a 3DS problem; you cannot notify friends in-game or from the 3DS menu if you want to play, so you're likely going to be spending time online against random players. In this respect, SSF4 does it better, offering match-up filtering options (pro/lite/both controls, 2D or 3D [over the shoulder] mode, and you can choose to find players of varying skill levels), stage select, and rematch options, whereas DOAD only offers 2 or 3 round matches. That's it. I have yet to play a friend match, which offers more options. It's ridiculous that you cannot even rematch randoms.

SSF4 doesn't have any DLC (well, Capcom's Ono has hinted at...something. Possibly. Maybe. But you can never tell with that guy), but DOAD offers downloadable outfits and throwdown challenges. It's worth noting that SSF4 already has all of its outfits and color schemes unlock from the start.

DOAD gives you one overall rank. It doesn't matter who you use. SSF4 ranks you overall (PP rating) and also ranks each character you use (BP rating). Neither game has online leaderboards.

SSF4 is also going to be harder on your hands. It offers a lot of control setup options and does a great job utilizing the 3DS for it, but the bottom line is that DOA, with three main buttons (and a fourth for throws, which is F+P), and less-complex moves using the d-pad, feels a hell of a lot more comfortable to play.

Overall I think SSF4 is the better game (and I'd also say that about SSF4 in general versus any DOA. It's a deeper game that lasts longer and has a larger roster), but you cannot go wrong with either title.

P90

Necromanti said:
Ugh, I still haven't received my game (that I pre-ordered) from Toys 'R Us. :( Did anyone else order from them?

That has gotta hurt. You are missing an excellent fighting game and some excellent DLC.

I have heard other horror stories about TRU.

ol, DoA is a nice distraction from sick children! :p

My daughter's got a fever and got a 'tude today. Gotta love her even when she is a total grouch!

RpgN said:
And as for the gameplay, it felt weird. With previous DoA games, I could just pick them up, have fun and the fights were fast. When I got into DoA4 at first, it felt slow and you were counter attacked very often, I didn't feel it.

Now Dead or Alive Dimensons on the 3DS feels more solid so far. The game's tone, is more like DoA3 and 2, I liked that they are focusing more on Mugen Tenshin clan and there is more reason behind it.
This is DOA4.2 so I don't understand how you could feel that way. This is an even worse version of DOA4, which was the worst game in the series to date.

RpgN said:
I might be mixing things here, but it might have been screentearing instead, does that ring any bell? It was definitely annoying and distracting. Sorry if I used the wrong term.
Nope, DOA4 had a solid framerate and no screen-tearing from what I recall. I'm not sure what you experienced.

RpgN said:
Coming after 4, my expectations were certainly rock bottom and I was expecting a crap game to be honest, so I was surprised it wasn't that bad.
It is a crap game, it's even worse than the worst DOA game to date, DOA4. =(

I want to yell at Team Ninja.

A while back on SRK, Perfect Legend had the chance to ask Team Ninja some questions regarding Dead or Alive Dimensions. Unfortunately, I can't link to the original article due to SRK being over-hauled but the questions were reposted here on FSD.

The general feeling from the community on the interview was that Team Ninja doesn't know how to play their own game or to make a competent fighter. To shed some more light, Perfect Legend sent some follow-up questions and their responses are posted on FSD as well.

The feeling we had towards Team Ninja has not changed with these answers. I really like DOA (despite what you may think based on my posts in this thread) but Team Ninja has a series with incredible potential and keeps make horrible decisions with the series.

MK9, MVC3, Tekken 6 and SSF4 matches get huge views when tournaments are streamed online. These games are played competitively, played and enjoyed by casuals and watched by lots of people. Why? The games are great! How many people would watch a DOA4 or DOAD stream? Exactly my point. As an example, Team Ninja is taking baseball and removing the bases, many of the rules and dumbing it down so that it's not "harsh on the beginners." This is baseball if the only point of baseball was to hit the ball and nothing else. This is not interesting and not what we want. We want a game that we can play competitively, we want a game that can spark competition. DOA4 and DOAD don't do this.

Bizzyb

Banned
grap3fruitman said:
The feeling we had towards Team Ninja has not changed with these answers. I really like DOA (despite what you may think based on my posts in this thread) but Team Ninja has a series with incredible potential and keeps make horrible decisions with the series.

MK9, MVC3, Tekken 6 and SSF4 matches get huge views when tournaments are streamed online. These games are played competitively, played and enjoyed by casuals and watched by lots of people. Why? The games are great! How many people would watch a DOA4 or DOAD stream? Exactly my point. As an example, Team Ninja is taking baseball and removing the bases, many of the rules and dumbing it down so that it's not "harsh on the beginners." This is baseball if the only point of baseball was to hit the ball and nothing else. This is not interesting and not what we want. We want a game that we can play competitively, we want a game that can spark competition. DOA4 and DOAD don't do this.

Interesting. Care to elaborate on why you feel as though DOA has been dumb down?

kiryogi

Banned
To be fair though... DOAD being a portable fighter has zero viability for high competition, and even more so for streaming.

I couldn't stand to watch that but I was told (by actual skilled players) that everything he does in that video is do-able in DOA4 and that you can get out of all his "combos."

RpgN

grap3fruitman said:
This is DOA4.2 so I don't understand how you could feel that way. This is an even worse version of DOA4, which was the worst game in the series to date.

Nope, DOA4 had a solid framerate and no screen-tearing from what I recall. I'm not sure what you experienced.

It is a crap game, it's even worse than the worst DOA game to date, DOA4. =(

I want to yell at Team Ninja.

I already explained myself fully why I prefer one over the other and it wasn't for the similar gameplay they had going but things outside of the fighting system.

I played DoA4 recently and it looked like crap, it definitely had one of the 2 and didn't feel as smooth like previous DoA games. It might have been my elite xbox 360 or that copy, who knows?

It's a crap game to you, it's okay to feel that way. Just don't push your opinion on an other person as a fact, a person who might feel differently about the games even if it's hard to believe.

Ps. Zack's outfit was pretty cool yesterday. That was a good one :D

lol, realized a few minutes ago that I didn't play the game yesterday to get Leifang's 2nd DLC costume. Thankfully I turned the game on and was still able to get it

Bankoiia

Woa! I just beat Tag Challenge 20 with the stupid AI, on my first try. How in hell did that happen!?

Still getting my ass kicked by Alpha in challenge 19, though.

RpgN said:
It's a crap game to you, it's okay to feel that way. Just don't push your opinion on an other person as a fact, a person who might feel differently about the games even if it's hard to believe.
Well, to be fair, my "opinion" is shared with countless other people but I'm not trying to force it on you, I'm merely stating how many, many people feel. Just because I don't open every sentence with "In my opinion" doesn't mean what I'm stating is a fact. Of course you're still entitled to like DOAD. Deep down, DOA is still a good game but, to me, this is an opportunity wasted.

Bizzyb said:
Interesting. Care to elaborate on why you feel as though DOA has been dumb down?
I can't speak for the original DOA or DOA++ but in DOA2 and DOA3 you had characters that played differently. They had different strengths to be used to your advantage and characters played differently from each other as a result. In addition, there were tools to get around your opponents or to hurt them.

The Japanese release of DOA3 is commonly referred to as DOA3.1 and it was considered the best game in the series for competition to date. It had tools like side-stepping, useful guard breaks that left the attacker at an advantage and frame advantage for other moves on block. In addition, the wall was very scary here. If you got knocked into a wall in 3.1, you couldn't counter out of the stun and were likely going to be launched by your opponent for big damage. This fear of the wall made you play with your surroundings in mind and trying to position your opponent against the wall. But then, there's characters like Lei Fang who excel with their back to the wall because they can easily flip you around into the wall and then you're at the disadvantage.

In DOA4, these tools were all stripped from the game. You couldn't side-step you opponents linear attacks, guard breaks left the attacker at a disadvantage meaning that while my opponent has had their block broken, they can recover before me and punish me instead, and all (I think all) frame advantage was removed. These tools being taken away meant that your best tool in DOA4 was to guess correctly and counter a lot or block all of your opponents strings and throw punish them since all moves are now negative. In addition, the wall is a joke in DOA4. It's safer as a defender to get knocked into a wall because you can counter out of it immediately, it's safer to get knocked into a wall than to have some continue combo-ing you.

Now lets talk about combos in DOA4. In DOA4 (and DOAD) most of your moves stun your opponent, this was not the case in 2 and 3. In DOA games you have something called the "stun threshold," this is how much you can continually stun your opponent before they fall over. In DOA2 and 3, if you stunned your opponent once, you could launch them immediately for maximum height. They changed it so that in DOA4 (and DOAD) you also have to stun your opponent as much as possible, close to the end of this stun threshold, before you can launch them to the height of previous DOA games for any decent damage. So I have to out-guess my opponent three or four times with moves that stun before I can launch them to get 50-60 points of damage but they only have to guess correctly once with a counter in order to get the same damage or more.

The defending player always has the advantage in DOA4 and this is infuriating for anyone trying to play the game competitively. Tomonobu Itagaki was noted as saying "This is not how I intended the game to be played" when watching hardcore players sit back and wait for the other to make a move (since whoever did would be at a disadvantage and open to punishment). In DOAD, Team Ninja's way of "fixing" this issue was to leave all the moves as negative but to make it so they push the blocking opponent away out of throw range. Now you can't even punish an opponent for just throwing out random strings. DOA always gets labeled as a masher among other fighting game communities because you can easily perform a string that looks flashy but DOAD actually encourages mashing with that single change.

Mr. Wah who runs FreeStepDodge.com and is a much, much better DOA player than I actually pointed out a bunch of things to me when I showed him this post, he said:
<Mr_Wah> "The defending player always has the advantage in DOA4 (and DOAD) and this is infuriating for anyone trying to play the game competitively."
<Mr_Wah> I wouldn't agree with this part
<grap3> No?
<Mr_Wah> as you yourself complained about not being able to throw punish
<grap3> You're right.
<Mr_Wah> in reality, i'd say that the game awards mashing buttons
<Mr_Wah> that you can't set up a proper defense
<Mr_Wah> the only counter to it is both players turtling
<Mr_Wah> because neither is doing string mix-ups
<Mr_Wah> in DOA3, you had characters who wanted to be string pressuring you (Jann Lee's 6PK for example)
<Mr_Wah> but you had characters like Bass/Gen Fu who exceled in throw punishing you, guessing that one hold correctly to turn the tide, or even baiting you.
<Mr_Wah> like i said
<Mr_Wah> DOAD is an attack friendly game
<Mr_Wah> in a system they tried to make a triangle
<Mr_Wah> in reality, you will do more attacking and holding than you will throwing
<Mr_Wah> where in DOA3.1, you tended to side on the throwing and attacking side
<Mr_Wah> because you didn't want to hold, but you were required to to avoid certain setups
<Mr_Wah> there's a reason my stupid stat collector says I attack 87% of the time -_-
<Mr_Wah> really, the biggest issue isn't that the defending player is always in advantage (which they are), it's just the heavy stun game they force you into
<Mr_Wah> it's either block and face a string mixup
<Mr_Wah> or get hit and face a string mix-up
<Mr_Wah> what do you get if you block successfully? the same shit
<Mr_Wah> what do you get if you're blocked successfully? the same shit
<Mr_Wah> there just aren't any setups
<Mr_Wah> or not enough of them
<Mr_Wah> to warrant valid competition

Oh cool, I took my 3DS with me earlier tonight and it seems I crossed paths with someone else who owned Dimensions. I faced off against the person's Kasumi in a throwdown challenge. Easily won the match and got a Kasumi figurine

Woooooooooo! I finally won my first Throwdown Challenge today! I defeated Ryu! ^_^

In other news, today I switched the voices to Japanese and they sound so much better!

Tricky I Shadow said:
Woooooooooo! I finally won my first Throwdown Challenge today! I defeated Ryu! ^_^

In other news, today I switched the voices to Japanese and they sound so much better!

Yeah that was the first thing I did when booting up the game for the first time. And Ryu was a piece of cake. Those throwdown challenges are actually pretty fun.

While I enjoy the return of one of my favorite fighting game franchises, I feel the singleplayer is not that great. While in other Dead or Alive games, I was able to adjust difficulty settings to my liking, in this one I have to decide between "courses" that range from "very easy" to "easy". Only exception being the last 4 tag challenges, which were just cheap because of the failing AI-partner. I actually enjoyed the challenge the singleplayer in Dead or Alive Ultimate and 4 could provide if I choose to play on Very Hard!

I finished all the courses and challenges DOA:D provides in 2 afternoons. Only thing left now is repeating the -easy- singleplayer gamemodes to get all figurines. Especially Survival. Fun -_- On the other hand, I greatly enjoy the online mode. Nevertheless, for the next Dead or Alive, I want to be able to decide difficultysettings, number of rounds and all those things for singleplayer again...

lazybones18 said:
Oh cool, I took my 3DS with me earlier tonight and it seems I crossed paths with someone else who owned Dimensions. I faced off against the person's Kasumi in a throwdown challenge. Easily won the match and got a Kasumi figurine

I wish that would finally happen to me, but I have the theory that maybe 100 people in my city even have a 3DS (never saw someone with a 3DS in public) and from those 100 people maybe 10 people have Dead or Alive. Let's say 5-6 of them don't carry their 3DS around, the chances of meeting a DoA Player are marginal at best...

NEO0MJ

plagiarize said:
I didn't get my Mariposa or Jann Lee costumes. Anyone else run into this?

Probably didn't catch them at the right time? Also does the cartridge need to be in the 3DS to get the costumes?

NEO0MJ said:
Probably didn't catch them at the right time? Also does the cartridge need to be in the 3DS to get the costumes?
not to receive them. my 3DS was at home on my wifi network all weeked in sleep mode. just as it was when it received all the others. i'm presuming it's a problem on my end, but that's why i'm trying to confirm that other people successfully received them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
NEO0MJ said:

Not required, the game should make a spotpass save file on the SD card if you activate spotpass during initial setup.

RpgN

Skilletor said:
Zack's outfit today is pretty cool.

Yeah, along with Bass. I missed out on Bayman thanks to some problems with our net :(

EDIT

Wait a minute...today's was Leon but I agree that Zack's outfit is pretty cool.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Depends on your region. USA got Zack today. Nice to see an ORIGINAL outfit as DLC for once.

farnham

Banned
so i finally beat 100 man survival with hitomi today

i just got the dlc costume and i thought "what the heck"

she isnt even my main character lol

Top Bottom