• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

eek5

donelol.png

finished my 2nd playthrough.. missed a set of survivors because of bad timing :(

Tkawsome said:
Boxing gloves are in the fighting shop (seconds away from the first entrance into the mall, right next to the skate shop), you should also pick up MMA Gloves since they pair up with nails and are much better then the nail bat. I don't know where Bowie knives spawn, but they're pretty common drops from zombies.

You learn the roll after a certain level, I can't remember which. You can still use the strategy without the dodge but you'll probably get less hits in unless you're willing to take a hit.
Right across from those boxing gloves, where the Health Magazine 1 spawns, on top of that little news stand is a bowie knife. Otherwise, zombies with a bluish striped shirt usually carry a bowie with them.

vMaxx

Hello,can someone help me?
I bought yesterday dead rising 2 for pc and I have a problem.After installing the game properly I launched it and as soon as I was ready to play ,the game asked me about a Windows Live Game account.I created one and then I gave the product key for Live activation.Then when I tried to play I couldn't log in because I was getting a message that my region is not supporting the windows Live Game and etc.I uninstalled the game,created a new account to Live with a UK mail and I was able to log in to Live.But not in the game because after I installed it again,when it asked me about the product key for Live activation in order to connect live to my gamertag,it said that the key I gave it belonged to another account(my old one that doesn't connect to Live).Am i fucked?What is this shit.I paid 30 Pounds and I cannot play the game.How can I find a new product key for Live activation because this fucker doesn't let me save my progress without playing with a gamer profile!

WEGGLES

vMaxx said:
Hello,can someone help me?
I bought yesterday dead rising 2 for pc and I have a problem.After installing the game properly I launched it and as soon as I was ready to play ,the game asked me about a Windows Live Game account.I created one and then I gave the product key for Live activation.Then when I tried to play I couldn't log in because I was getting a message that my region is not supporting the windows Live Game and etc.I uninstalled the game,created a new account to Live with a UK mail and I was able to log in to Live.But not in the game because after I installed it again,when it asked me about the product key for Live activation in order to connect live to my gamertag,it said that the key I gave it belonged to another account(my old one that doesn't connect to Live).Am i fucked?What is this shit.I paid 30 Pounds and I cannot play the game.How can I find a new product key for Live activation because this fucker doesn't let me save my progress without playing with a gamer profile!
You'll need to contact Microsoft support.

Good luck :'{

Sadist

Oh fuck me.

One of the first survivors is some trigger happy woman but she won't move unless I get her guy Chad. But the lousy dude won't come with me. What's the deal?

Salsa

vwILC.jpg

Best weapon in the game or what ?

Also, i feel bad for not knowing about gifts for Katey in my first playtrhough, so im trying to be a good daddy now :lol

n8zEQ.jpg

Sadist said:
Oh fuck me.

One of the first survivors is some trigger happy woman but she won't move unless I get her guy Chad. But the lousy dude won't come with me. What's the deal?
When you talk to him, does he just not join?

You have to clear the immediate 12 feet or so around him of zombies before he'll listen

Fuck you Sven ! Here i am hunting for Zombrex with the last 5 minutes ive got, trying to keep him alive, i see some ATM machines, smash em up, go buy some Zombrex, run all the way back to the safe room and then ........

Yeah fuck you Sven.

WEGGLES

Ogs said:
Fuck you Sven ! Here i am hunting for Zombrex with the last 5 minutes ive got, trying to keep him alive, i see some ATM machines, smash em up, go buy some Zombrex, run all the way back to the safe room and then ........

Yeah fuck you Sven.
Now you're ready for the next dose :lol

eek5

Sadist said:
Oh fuck me.

Those were my least favorite survivors. When they meet up they're supposed to hug but they somehow got caught in a crowd of zombies and because they were facing each other they kept shooting each other and knocking the other over. I was just shaking my head waiting for it to clear up :lol

Can't believe I got the Hero of Fortune City and Justice Served achievements my first time through. Now my second playthrough can be purely dicking around and finding stuff. Anybody know the fastest way to earn money?

Sadist

eek5 said:
Those were my least favorite survivors. When they meet up they're supposed to hug but they somehow got caught in a crowd of zombies and because they were facing each other they kept shooting each other and knocking the other over. I was just shaking my head waiting for it to clear up :lol
Same :lol

But I managed and now I have to face Leon. uuugg.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wasn't planning on getting this anytime soon, but I've been reading this thread and now I think I'll pick it up tomorrow. Damn you all.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't there going to be split screen co-op? I feel like I saw a video showing it off. It would have been nice since I enjoy local co-op but whatever, my 360 would probably explode from double the zombies on screen.

see5harp

Snuggler said:
I wasn't planning on getting this anytime soon, but I've been reading this thread and now I think I'll pick it up tomorrow. Damn you all.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't there going to be split screen co-op? I feel like I saw a video showing it off. It would have been nice since I enjoy local co-op but whatever, my 360 would probably explode from double the zombies on screen.

I don't think there's split screen, but online coop actually works quite well.

crispyben

As someone who never played DR1, who preordered DR2 under GAF's influence mid-2009 and who forgot about it until it shipped, I really didn't know what to expect... I just revealed "The Facts" (lvl 31) after playing for two days straight :D Good thing the wife is out of town. And since
I gave TK some Zombrex
, I'm not done yet!

The beginning was rather harsh, got up to level 12 around case 3-2 by dying a lot and learning the hard way (trial and error, avoiding Psychos), but not restarting the story. Then fellow GAFer Jaroof4500 offered to join my game, and showed me how fun this game could be when played in the right state of mind. After that, I really enjoyed the game, even though the final boss kept me up way too late :lol

I don't know if I'll do multiple playthroughs to enjoy my powered-up Chuck, but I'm glad I tried that kind of game, with a different design at heart. Thanks GAF!

Salsa

Since this is my second playthrough and i dont wanna miss anything, could someone post a list of the hidden psychos and where/when to find them ? the ones that dont appear on your watch/quests i mean.

WEGGLES

SalsaShark said:
Since this is my second playthrough and i dont wanna miss anything, could someone post a list of the hidden psychos and where/when to find them ? the ones that dont appear on your watch/quests i mean.
That'd be really handy for me

(for my third. I'm sure I've missed some..... )

Ridley327

I'm on my second playthrough and there is something immensely awesome with having a posse that consists of an old guy, a retarded dude in a helmet, the fucking Rainman, a cowboy and his wife, a boozed-out showgirl, an old lady and a tiger. :lol :lol :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ive been enjoying the game for the most part. Im on case 4 or 5 right now. Ive had some frustrating moments, mostly with the psychos, who just are really shitty to fight.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I really like this game but i just feel like im not playing it right..... Im already in case 4, and im only like level 4....
Uh, yeah, that's crazy. Inconcievable, almost. Are you using combo weapons and killing zombies with them at all? Saving survivors?

Gigglepoo

Question about the survivor Andy:

He's the man in Palisades Mall who has a shotgun and doubts there's any reason to go to the Safe House because the zombies are everywhere. So I ran up to him wearing the Blanka mask and before I could even start talking to him, he shoots himself in the head. WTF!? Is it because I freak him out? This game is crazy nuts.

goMaki

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I really like this game but i just feel like im not playing it right..... Im already in case 4, and im only like level 4....
Survivors are your friend. I got a crap ton of PP from getting as many as possible. By the end of the first playthrough I am level 36 or so.

Volcynika

Funniest part about the whole true ending stuff I did (it really wasn't something in the game, but these spoilers are super true ending whatever so don't look if you haven't seen it!)

Someone earlier had mentioned a scare in the credits, and I was waiting for it. Weggles was not prepared, and therefore I was amused at his reaction :lol

Got to level 50 and saved 50 survivors at the same time. :D

Don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Easily one of my favorite games of the generation. If anyone wants help on coop 360, feel free to add me: KilgoreTroutt

Dartastic

Hey Capcom? You know that awesome prequel that you put out for 5 bucks? Yeah. Totally just made me impulse buy this game. Great work. Got yourself a sale because of it.

Darklord

Banned
This games a lot more fun now I've leveled up a bit. More health makes versing psychopaths much easier and I've gotten like 3 or 4 damage upgrades too. Are the rewards for each level up random again or are they fixed?

Jaroof

crispyben said:
As someone who never played DR1, who preordered DR2 under GAF's influence mid-2009 and who forgot about it until it shipped, I really didn't know what to expect... I just revealed "The Facts" (lvl 31) after playing for two days straight :D Good thing the wife is out of town. And since
I gave TK some Zombrex
, I'm not done yet!

The beginning was rather harsh, got up to level 12 around case 3-2 by dying a lot and learning the hard way (trial and error, avoiding Psychos), but not restarting the story. Then fellow GAFer Jaroof4500 offered to join my game, and showed me how fun this game could be when played in the right state of mind. After that, I really enjoyed the game, even though the final boss kept me up way too late :lol

I don't know if I'll do multiple playthroughs to enjoy my powered-up Chuck, but I'm glad I tried that kind of game, with a different design at heart. Thanks GAF!

Yeah, that was fun, man!
Gonna have to coop again :D

Salsa

crispyben said:

I highly recommend doing a second playthrough with your powered-up Chuck. Trying to find all the survivors/psychos/combo cards/magazines, etc its totally worth it. The game is clearly built with this in mind.

Hell im not even a more-than-one-playthrough guy and im already thinking about my third.

TheHakku

Darklord said:
Are the rewards for each level up random again or are they fixed?
They're the same as the last game.

29ejf53.jpg

Argh. I guess it's not bad for a first run. 5 more.... Probably missed a lot trying to get 8 survivors at once by hauling one to the mission
One Hit Wonder with Bibi Love.
I had no messages on the way to the safehouse with 7 survivors. Sure enough, as soon as I left I get a call with two possible survivors. This game.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Can someone clarify what exactly carries over to New Game+ once you've gotten the S ending?

duck said he was able to
open Maintenance Rooms
in the NG+ without having the key, but upon starting a NG+ from my S ending save, I couldn't do so. Had to wait for Sullivan to give you the key.
I was under the impression all the doors (Maintenance, Underground, Elevator) would be open in NG+?

Gigglepoo

I just discovered a great way to grief your friend cooperatively: just carry a spoiled hotdog with you at all times. When they die, shove it down their gullet, and then they'll start puking when they get back on their feet. Made me laugh!

Gigglepoo said:
I just discovered a great way to grief your friend cooperatively: just carry a spoiled hotdog with you at all times. When they die, shove it down their gullet, and then they'll start puking when they get back on their feet. Made me laugh!
I like it. I like it a lot.

Salsa

Man, the Blanka cameo weapon (electricity included) has to be the best way to get experience points.

aDuxg.jpg

It takes forever to break, 300pp per kill (im using a magazine), and its a fuckin beast.

Result after one use:

v6hFs.jpg

in before boomstick's secondary fire

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love how hard the game gets near the end.
These special zombies are aggressive as HELL, it makes it hard to just get around. I've had a lot of awesome moments just barely closing a maintenance door behind me, making something like a plate launcher, then opening the door to mow down hundreds.

LOOOL! I just figured out how to do one hell of a funny glitch! :lol

So firstly.......go and grab a shotgun. Now equip the shotgun and then you need to go and pick up the survivor Esther – the confused old lady that talks to zombies in a shop.

While holding her aim your shotgun and then run and shoot. She will for some reason float away mid air kicking her legs. Stop aiming and she teleports back into your arms.

It was absolutely hilarious! Someone please do it and make a gif!

Maybe its me but I find this game really frustrating. The bathroom save thing is stupid. It’s the same shit as the other game. The controls suck, just trying to pick things up is a hassle. Chuck controls like the GTAIV guy.

The mission system sucks, it’s all timed but it doesn’t really give you a priority as to which one you should so and why. Then there are the cases which if one of them runs out of time it ends the game. You instead of having fun pounding Zombies you spend most of your time trying to manage your missions because the game does a piss poor job of letting you know what you should be doing. The weapon combining thing is over rated. You have to be in a certain place to do it and even then the combinations aren’t nearly as infinite as they made it seem. I am on Case 2. Maybe level 6. How do you guys go after survivors between the cases and getting Katey her meds?

duckroll

Man, just did 2 hours of pure co-op with a friend on a fresh new game loop from my clear save. It was so good. We gathered up all the initial survivors after the first Zombrex shot for Katey, tamed Snowflake (took SO FUCKING LONG that the story mission expired and the old lady at Children's Castle also expired, but whatever! :lol), beat the CURE guy and gathered up 8 survivors and got them back to the safe house. Since the story on this run is now fubar, it's going to be a pure fuck around/achievement farm run until rescue comes now. Soooo awesome. :D

Aaron

jhferry said:
The mission system sucks, it’s all timed but it doesn’t really give you a priority as to which one you should so and why. Then there are the cases which if one of them runs out of time it ends the game. You instead of having fun pounding Zombies you spend most of your time trying to manage your missions because the game does a piss poor job of letting you know what you should be doing.
What are you talking about? Story missions are clearly marked as such, and always second on the list, right under giving Katey zombrex. They're also clearly laid out in the cut-scenes. Don't blame the game when you miss the obvious.

Top Bottom