• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

derFeef

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good the fire effects look in this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEbTLi5LdAU&feature=youtu.be

I love it. The little sparks flying off. Looks incredible...

And here's a bonus clip of one of the more interesting psychopaths I've come across...(spoilers, obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM_A4bYCNw&feature=youtu.be

They really do, also love the horn of the Rollerhawg :D
The only thing I don't really like that much are the blood effects, as if they were static objects or something, look weird.

Grisby

Finished the game. I'm glad the 'last' mission didn't take me for another round trip because I would have been a little peeved.

Still, I think this is pretty damn good launch game. Immediately after finishing I loaded up a nightmare run as I still have some collectibles/blueprints to get. Is there such a thing as too many zombies because I feel that the devs just let loose on that last chapter and damn, was it crazy to see. Everywhere was clogged with them and you know what? I kind of dug it because even though I thought the game was easy I never felt safe in the world. I was surprised to find a zombie around every corner.

I liked the vertical element of the city. Often finding the right route to climb or making a hail mary jump netted me a collectible or, even better, a blueprint.

Couple things I ended up disliking were the roadblocks and some small but increasingly more annoying graphical problems. Would get a blue dot in my safe house now and then and there were also some pretty heavy drops in framerate (when the streets got really crowded).

Couple little details
-Never got tired of Zombies falling from roofs and such. Really cool to see that.
-Combining vehicles is fantastic. My favorites ended up being the fork truck thingy and the junk bike (I love the machine gun). Although the street sweeper one is pretty damn funny.
-All of the recipes were neat. Spitfire is a crazy fun time. Undetectable was cool because I felt like a ghost and could just run around looking at all the art assets.

I'm gonna give some more talk on story stuff later as I have to go workout but I think Capcom Vancouver did a hell of a job. Feel like I got a good, content packed, $60 game.

derFeef

I love the zombies falling down from roofs and bridges, especially when you are in a car and they pile up on your hood, so good.

So when you start a second playthrough, you keep all your blueprints/collectibles? That would take a lot of stress off the time limit

derFeef

Will not get either of the "finish during launch week" challanges :(
I wish I had more time playing this - but work was exhausting this week.

Haines

Banned
What are the cons/negatives in this game? Im trying to decide whether I should pick it as my launch title. Ive had an XBONE since launch day but cant decide what game I want for it...

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
thankfully, i done most already and i'm level 50 now, trying to do the smartglass missions but the smartglass mission are REALLY glitchy in actually starting and continuing, they sem to 'cut out' a lot forcing a restart of both my phone and mainly the console.

btw you failed the time limit? were you still offered new game plus or whatever it is?

Maybe we're not on the same page. I failed the time limit on my initial starting at level 1 run on Nightmare. No time for more than a handful of side missions and exploring in that scenario. As it turns out it was slightly less time than I thought!

derFeef

A lot of content is a big plus I guess. Does the game look next gen or more spiffied up current gen?

Graphically more spiffed up current gen, but there are moments where you think "woah, that's actually really next gen" - like when you roam the big city and you turn the corner to a MASSIVE zombie horde and by massive I mean ... jaw droppingly massive. You can see where the last-gen restrictions are not there anymore with no loading after the first (long) load, interiours, massive hordes, so much stuff to do, vehicles, weapons... it's nuts.

Haines

Banned
Graphically more spiffed up current gen, but there are moments where you think "woah, that's actually really next gen" - like when you roam the big city and you turn the corner to a MASSIVE zombie horde and by massive I mean ... jaw droppingly massive. You can see where the last-gen restrictions are not there anymore with no loading after the first (long) load, interiours, massive hordes, so much stuff to do, vehicles, weapons... it's nuts.

Thanks for the reply dude.

I dont know why but its so hard for me to decide what game I want. Never had this problem before. DR3 seems to be the best over all game..

GavinGT

Banned
This game is such a god damned blast in co-op. It's just too bad that putting two Xbox Ones in the same room means one person can't use Kinect.

BlindRage

So I just started today, (been stuck on FIFA/2k) but I certainly won't get to the challenges for nightmare mode and chapter 7, will that effect me being able to "complete" it?

Quick question. I'm playing on single player now. Can I be invited to someone else's game or invite them to mine?

Also, if I get invited to someone else's game, do I lose "time" from my game? Will I also lose my save position? Or after I finish with his game I keep the xp then can go back to mine where I was with a higher level?

Quick question. I'm playing on single player now. Can I be invited to someone else's game or invite them to mine?

Also, if I get invited to someone else's game, do I lose "time" from my game? Will I also lose my save position? Or after I finish with his game I keep the xp then can go back to mine where I was with a higher level?

I've been playing single player and coop, but on coop I'm always the one being invited. When I'm invited in, it's my character, not my game, not my inventory. I come into the host game with no items, at their point in the story. When I load up my own game, I'm back where I left off, and I believe with the same inventory I had too, but I do have any additional PP, levels, or skills I bought while playing coop.

I stayed up all night and to finish the game and do a one-sitting speed run of Nightmare mode to complete the challenge in time, and all I got was these two pictures, lol. I thought they were going to be gamerpics, but they're just images that are only viewable from the achievements app. The upcoming Christmas and New Years ones give clothing in-game though.

Though chapter 8 kicked my ass and I still need to finish it on both, for my Mega Man X suit and weapon. (luckily ch 8 wasn't needed for the two challenges)

I've been playing single player and coop, but on coop I'm always the one being invited. When I'm invited in, it's my character, not my game, not my inventory. I come into the host game with no items, at their point in the story. When I load up my own game, I'm back where I left off, and I believe with the same inventory I had too, but I do have any additional PP, levels, or skills I bought while playing coop.
Thanks a lot. Cleared it up for me perfectly mate.

I'm now mid way through Chapter 7, have just over 24 hours left so decided to do what few side missions that are left, and i have to admit my biggest issue with this game is definately the smartglass missions and them not triggering or advancing properly. Several times you get a 2 part phone call only to have the second half not trigger making that mission hang, really annoying.

Lucent

I stayed up all night and to finish the game and do a one-sitting speed run of Nightmare mode to complete the challenge in time, and all I got was these two pictures, lol. I thought they were going to be gamerpics, but they're just images that are only viewable from the achievements app. The upcoming Christmas and New Years ones give clothing in-game though.

Though chapter 8 kicked my ass and I still need to finish it on both, for my Mega Man X suit and weapon. (luckily ch 8 wasn't needed for the two challenges)

Kinda glad they were just pictures. I haven't even gotten around to chapter 3 yet. lol.

How do you know they've already got Christmas and New Year costumes coming up?

This is 40 bones on Zavvi if you're in the UK. Not sure if they ship overseas, but if you're at all interested, it's a good price to jump in on...

yeah, smartglass has not worked for me once. I've tried it on my phone and PC.

Strange. It's worked flawlessly for me so far. what device are you using?

Smartglass works fine for me. As a map or as an actual phone when calls come in. Haven't had a problem with it yet which is odd..

Pretty much. Would have liked the map be real time in tracking your location, but it's worked flawlessly for me so far.

Strange. It's worked flawlessly for me so far. what device are you using?

Pretty much. Would have liked the map be real time in tracking your location, but it's worked flawlessly for me so far.

everyone on the app works fine for me except mission triggers and progression, they just dont always trigger

Yeah, it needs to be manually updated, which is a drag, but hopefully that's something they can work on and patch in at some point.

they dont even manually trigger sometimes, the game just doesnt show the icon lit up unless i reboot both the console and the phone. say fix for when it hangs mid phone call too.

they dont even manually trigger sometimes, the game just doesnt show the icon lit up unless i reboot both the console and the phone. say fix for when it hangs mid phone call too.

Huh, I haven't encountered that issue yet. The missions usually appear in the to do tab if I exit the map and check for them manually...

Kinda glad they were just pictures. I haven't even gotten around to chapter 3 yet. lol.

How do you know they've already got Christmas and New Year costumes coming up?

Part of it may be that I've gotten the 2 that were available, so it's showing the next upcoming ones. I would think everyone would see the upcoming ones, since the first 2 have ended. When i go to achievements, it lists challenges, and then achievements. For challenges, it shows 2:

Christmas Slay
Spill 10,000 gallons of zombie blood before Christmas.
Challenge starts in 16 days
Reward: Clothing - Reindeer Mask

Explosive Resolutions
Kill 1,000 zombies with explosives.
Challenge starts in 29 days
Reward: Clothing - New Year's Hat

I have not been able to get coop to work once. Tried all the different fixes. It says invite sent and player joined my game but my mate is still on his screen.. Any clues as it doesn't work!

I have not been able to get coop to work once. Tried all the different fixes. It says invite sent and player joined my game but my mate is still on his screen.. Any clues as it doesn't work!

Are you both in the same party, or are you just trying to send an invite to his gamertag? When me and my friend do it, we both join a party together, then he sends the invite and it pulls me into the game without any input from me.

Dereck

When a zombie grabs me, this prompt comes up with a moving controller. I don't know what this means, so I just shake the controller around until it goes away. What is it talking about?

Nemesis_

When a zombie grabs me, this prompt comes up with a moving controller. I don't know what this means, so I just shake the controller around until it goes away. What is it talking about?

There are infrared lights in the edge of your controller, so if Kinect can see you, you should shake your controller and it will detect movement and then register it as an input.

If you don't like it, you can switch it over to button options in the menu.

Top Bottom