• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

Are you both in the same party, or are you just trying to send an invite to his gamertag? When me and my friend do it, we both join a party together, then he sends the invite and it pulls me into the game without any input from me.
Turns out when I go to network settings and I test my multiplayer connection it says "we don't know what went wrong". I can't play any multi game as my NAT is set on moderate and I can't change to open.

Hopefully getting it looked at tomorrow.

Turns out when I go to network settings and I test my multiplayer connection it says "we don't know what went wrong". I can't play any multi game as my NAT is set on moderate and I can't change to open.

Hopefully getting it looked at tomorrow.

My friend and I rebooted our routers and consoles when we were both on strict and it opened them up, dunno if that will help you at all but worth a shot?

Timu

Just got myself a new capture card so I can take better pics of this game, and man these zombies.

iCDxvZ24JtPZy.png

Dereck

I haven't played co-op yet, so I have a question for the people that have.

If I'm level 25 and I join some newbie's game, will I still be level 25 and will he still be level 1? Who's story are we playing through?

I haven't played co-op yet, so I have a question for the people that have.

If I'm level 25 and I join some newbie's game, will I still be level 25 and will he still be level 1? Who's story are we playing through?

Join his game, play his story. Your level will increase but you go back to your game when you play SP again. If he joins your game, he plays your story.

The game looks much better at night than during the day.

VASPER

Banned
Really enjoy this game so far, i feel like i'm half way through it but its hard to tell. I have 4 days left and probably like 10 or so hours into it. I do spend a lot of time exploring the game while i get high.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just beat the game and overtime mode with a s rating
holy shit at the chuck greene part didnt see coming
game was amazing all the way through except for
over time mode mission of getting to the zombies before the drop ship dose was driving a van the whole time and chucks ai was getting stupid and he wasnt getting in the van oi still did it in one shot but god damn was worst then the defuse the bombs in dr1
also got 40/50 achievements going to go for the rest of those in nightmare mode

Lucent

I've been fucking around doing sidequests, if I complete the main missions will the timer go away?

Not the main timer. Not the thing that says like "4 days, 3 hours left". They kind of lied when they said there was no time at all in standard mode. It's just much slower in standard mode.

Grisby

Yeah, there is a timer guys. An overall game timer. It's just that the main missions can be done at your leisure because they don't tuck down.

Still, on normal I did all of the side stuff and dicked around finding 80% of the collectables or so and had a day and some change left,

Almost done with Nightmare mode and holy shit does time go by fast.

One last thing, saving the world while wearing a fireman's outfit and a giant foam shark head is awesome. Love that this series always has the outfit show up in the cutscenes (cept for the opening credits).

Karak

Angry Centaur Review

Frankly I found it better than I had heard and read yet still having a few issues here or there.
As always if you don't like video reviews.

Pros
Combos
Cars
Control
Improved gun combat
Great Length
No work bench needed! Woot!

Cons
Hit or miss textures
Some Framerate hits
Still some control issues especially during boss battles.

RT17

Banned
Anyone know if this has done well sales wise yet? Hope so, a DR4 could be even better now the devs don't have launch time stress

I think it will do okay but I'd imagine that there was more takeup for Forza and Ryse.

I've really enjoyed playing it, though. Great in co-op (when it works).

spirity

I haven't got this game, haven't even got an xbox. But I've seen a playthrough and have to say this looks fun as hell. Stupid, nonsensical, glorious fun. Some of those weapons and trucks, wow. I have a 360 but not tried a DR game before - how does this compare to the other two? Would I find those lacking?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Makes me sad man.

Dead Rising 2 was one of my favorites last gen and the IP in General means A LOT to me.

I dunno if the activity means too much, as I've seen a good amount of posters post once in this thread having already beaten it. I've been having a blast with it but haven't been too active about it either.

Kajiba

Finished chapter 7 early this morning. Going into overtime now. The ending of chapter had me smiling though. It was great.

Probably going to beat it tomorrow morning right when I get home.

Lucent

Love this game, it's more enjoyable than I thought. Co-op is the best way to play I've found.

Co-op is very fun. It's a lot more fun with solo. Especially when your co-op buddy gets killed and you have to find something to give him to eat but you're somewhat far away and you're like "omg hold on!" lol.

First time my friend died I had no food on me at all and just ran into the movie theater and grabbed some candy.

Candy is life.

Grisby

Nightmare mode finished. Also, got Nick up to lvl 50 and managed to buy my first ultimate skill (went with equip all books).

Can you just go to chapter select and hunt for collectibles? I might try that tomorrow as I still have some to get as I had to freaking book it through Nightmare.
I haven't got this game, haven't even got an xbox. But I've seen a playthrough and have to say this looks fun as hell. Stupid, nonsensical, glorious fun. Some of those weapons and trucks, wow. I have a 360 but not tried a DR game before - how does this compare to the other two? Would I find those lacking?
This game is a lot, lot easier thanks to a new mode that slows the time limit. See, Dead Rising is usually centered around some catastrophe that will end the game in a certain time period. Now, this is difficult at first because you are under-leveled and not familiar with the bosses or environments but as you level up and learn the areas the game becomes easier The games are made to be restarted as all of your character levels carry over to a new story.

The original games will have a lot less zombies on screen and a lesser focus, a lot lesser, on vehicles. Also, the combo weapons originated in Dead Rising 2 as the same team that did that game made this beauty (DR3).

Dead Rising 1 and 2 have the same zaniness that you'd see in DR3 though, even more so in some aspects. I imagine the games are pretty cheap now so it probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea to try one out if your curious. I disliked the system/mechanics immensely when I first tried it but I picked it up again a lot later and ended up loving it. Just go with your own pace.

golem

Been playing this all day, pretty great game. Havent really gotten into a Dead Rising since the first one-- have to catch up on the lore and such.

Anfony O

Finished the game. Really loved it. My first Dead rising might go back and revisit the old ones. Got to jump into the co op soon.

spirity

This game is a lot, lot easier thanks to a new mode that slows the time limit. See, Dead Rising is usually centered around some catastrophe that will end the game in a certain time period. Now, this is difficult at first because you are under-leveled and not familiar with the bosses or environments but as you level up and learn the areas the game becomes easier The games are made to be restarted as all of your character levels carry over to a new story.

The original games will have a lot less zombies on screen and a lesser focus, a lot lesser, on vehicles. Also, the combo weapons originated in Dead Rising 2 as the same team that did that game made this beauty (DR3).

Dead Rising 1 and 2 have the same zaniness that you'd see in DR3 though, even more so in some aspects. I imagine the games are pretty cheap now so it probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea to try one out if your curious. I disliked the system/mechanics immensely when I first tried it but I picked it up again a lot later and ended up loving it. Just go with your own pace.

Sounds like I have nothing to lose really. Thanks!

Grisby

Co-op is pretty smooth and fun. I joined a game as fireman-shark man and made an elemental staff for a dude.
Sounds like I have nothing to lose really. Thanks!
There's also two small xbla companion games for Dead Rising 2. I know one of them is only 5 bucks. They are smaller experiences (maybe 2 hours for the first one?) and serve as sort of a prologue/epilogue type deal.

Called case zero and case west. Zero allows you to bring in the xp/money for dead rising 2.

Finished the game on nightmare mode this mourning. Did it on speed run mode and found it really easy when your at lvl 50.

Only have about 7 achievements before I've got my 100%.

One of my favourite games this year.

Dat Mega Man X costume and blaster.

eshwaaz

Up to Chapter 6. Having so much fun with this game. Every time I find a new blueprint, it's a thrill to see what kind of new toy I get. Some truly impressive creativity on display from Capcom Montreal.

It may not win any beauty contests, but there's absolutely no way this game could be done on 360/PS3.

JaggedSac

I am playing this on regular difficulty and I am noticing a day and hour countdown. I am disappointed by this. Does the game end when that gets to zero? I wanted to have as much time as I wanted to look around and shit.

ShinAmano

Lol...game glitched on me during the feed the city mission...completed the mission, got the PP and the access code...then it continued to give me credit for completing the mission and all of the rewards for 45 minutes...went up three levels doing nothing. :)

Top Bottom