• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

How tough is nightmare mood? does your guy carry over with all his stats from the normal play through?

From what I've read you have to focus on the main missions only as the time goes by fast. Also yes anytime you start the game over, beat it, or restart a chapter you keep your level'd up character stats.

How tough is nightmare mood? does your guy carry over with all his stats from the normal play through?

I actually didn't find it that difficult, surprisingly. Of course, I carried over a Level 50 character from Normal mode, so if you started on Nightmare Mode fresh, things might be different.

My two big things were: ignore every single side mission (ended up finishing with three days to spare, so I suppose you could probably do a few and still make it) and when you're moving from place to place, look for beverages and grain food items to mix into Energizers and Repulses, which should make sure you can get through the zombie hordes pretty easily. And I always rolled with two Jazz Hands (which work great both as crowd clearers and on the bosses) and a random melee weapon.

Never died once, although I ended up bugging out on the final boss by falling through the floor right before the last boss and had to go back several chapters due to that goddamn glitch and me not saving much.

Grisby

Really liked some of the music. I just chilled in one of the safe house's listening to this song. One of the credits songs was pretty moody as well.

And that crazy synth tune that seemed to play all the time. Felt like a good b movie zombie tune.

Oh and I got a smile when (major ending spoiler yo)
Chucks little guitar riff played.

Heysoos

Wait so random people can join my game? Some guy joined and was just messing with the survivor dude that was following me around lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, the game heavily tied into the previous games far more than I expected. That was very cool to see.

Credits rolling now, really loved it. Ended up with ~39K zombies killed and at level 48. Pretty fuckin' nuts compared to the other games.

Papercuts

How is everybody levelling up so fast? I'm on chapter 5 and I'm only level 27. I've done all the survivor missions too.

I honestly have no idea. You can power level with the ultimate weapons but I stayed away from them, but I did do every sidequest I saw and by the end of the game I destroyed all the speakers, every frank statue aside from 3, and I'm missing 2 tragic endings which probably added up.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I got to around level 25 on a Nightmare playthrough doing only a few sidequests, but saving survivors that I noticed. Seems like there are tons of points if you bother to keep a combo going but I think my leveling was mostly story progression and running things over with that Battle Wagon and the wacky steamroller flamethrower bike.

oVerde

Banned
Played DR3 this whole weekend and man, this game is stressful, everytime there is something running out of time, something to be found and lots, damn lots of zombies every fucking where, the game doesn't stops for a second it's insane.

Do you have the ultimate grim reaper?
I have the flaming one, is that it?

Played DR3 this whole weekend and man, this game is stressful, everytime there is something running out of time, something to be found and lots, damn lots of zombies every fucking where, the game doesn't stops for a second it's insane.

I have the flaming one, is that it?

It's the next version I think of that.

Weapon is ridiculous.

MXRider

Two questions.

When I use my smartglass app it just shows the background with a single button that does nothing. How do I reset it?

I have a side mjssion that says "get update from jamie" and I can't find it at all.

Guys need some help. I played coop with a mate and it saved for me. I've lost my progress now I'm where he is in SP. I had just beaten the cop looking chick now I'm at chapter 3!how do I get back to where I was? This is ridiculous!

Edit: ok shit maybe it didn't... I thought I was further ahead but it seems to be in the right location. Phew!

Papercuts

That was nuts! What is it? Where did you get it? Love that it burned off your clothes.

It's the Massive Bomb, which has about 4-5 blueprints to get it to that point. IIRC a few are gotten by default for beating later game chapters, and I found the final piece in the bottom right of the map.

SonicBoom

Played 16 hrs straight yesterday on my 1st playthough... had a blast killing zombies, making weapons, saving people and exploring :D

Glad I impulse bought this cuz I would have overlooked it... too bad it has the clock working against you :( but I do get the time = survival and its somewhat necessary for this game

One of the best Xbox one launch games

I finished nightmare mode after 3 restarts at level 39. Then got to level 50+++ in about 5 minutes via Mega Buster usage on the last chapter, was amusing.

I didn't have any expectations for this game, I only bought it cause there are no other games I'm interested in for Xbone (except NFS Rivals which I have and love.)

I'm really enjoying this game. At first I was all "eh" I guess I can just melee zombies for a while. The game won me over when I assembled the first vehicle combo (SUV with Turret on top) and holy shit. Then got further in the game and made a couple weapons and the game won me over.

Very glad I bought it.

Papercuts

I just got the last tragic ending. All frank statues, speakers, and endings are done...some of those are surprisingly hard to get to.

Satchel

Banned
I'm really worried about being able to get the PP trials achievement.

For some reason my Combo Food counter has stopped at 21 no matter how many I create. Am I screwed? Or should a new game fix that? It's the only counter that's stopped moving.

I just got the last tragic ending. All frank statues, speakers, and endings are done...some of those are surprisingly hard to get to.

I need the one in the Armoury, and there's on emore near there I have no idea how to get to. I'm at 28/30. Really hope some guides are out soon.

Papercuts

I'm really worried about being able to get the PP trials achievement.

For some reason my Combo Food counter has stopped at 21 no matter how many I create. Am I screwed? Or should a new game fix that? It's the only counter that's stopped moving.

I need the one in the Armoury, and there's on emore near there I have no idea how to get to. I'm at 28/30. Really hope some guides are out soon.

Those may be the same 2 I had, lol.

Armory key is gotten in chapter 5 after the sloth boss fight, I somehow completely missed seeing you get the key. The other one was on top of some newstand in the same general area, and I needed to climb on the broken van and vault onto it from a concrete slab.

Satchel

Banned
Those may be the same 2 I had, lol.

Armory key is gotten in chapter 5 after the sloth boss fight, I somehow completely missed seeing you get the key. The other one was on top of some newstand in the same general area, and I needed to climb on the broken van and vault onto it from a concrete slab.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Any advice on the Combo Food PP Trial?

Papercuts

Actually the newsstand Ending I got.

My other one is somewhere else in that part of the overall city. If memory serves, from a map perspective, it's not far from the armory one.

I'd probably have to see it on the map to remember for now. Nothing else is coming to mind in that spot.

What are the blue locked containers everywhere?

Smartglass stuff. It starts giving you a lot of access codes which can be used on those boxes, which dump out random items.

Anyone had problems unlocking the Duct Tape Master achievement?

It won't unlock for me! I have 64/64 combo, 37/37 super combos and 101 blueprints. Any idea how to fix this?

GavinGT

Banned
I'd probably have to see it on the map to remember for now. Nothing else is coming to mind in that spot.

Smartglass stuff. It starts giving you a lot of access codes which can be used on those boxes, which dump out random items.

So how are tactical strikes unlocked? I've gotten a few but never figured out where they came from.

EBE

Anyone had problems unlocking the Duct Tape Master achievement?

It won't unlock for me! I have 64/64 combo, 37/37 super combos and 101 blueprints. Any idea how to fix this?

You have to make every combo yourself. Careful with things like freedom bear as there are many variants of it. Check them off as you make them. Also, the tactical handgun and mini chainsaws are GIVEN to you in game. You don't actually make them the first time you get them - handgun is the first combo you come across in the story and Ravi make the chainsaws and then gives them to you. Try building these for yourself if you haven't already

EBE

Im surprised people are having trouble finding the collectibles. The map directs you to them. Just do all the side missions to get the ones that are behind locked doors and be mindful of the fact that many things are often found on rooftops

this game requires far too many kills for 1000/1000

No kidding. 200,000 wouldn't have been too bad if that was the final total you have to get, but getting that on top of the kills you've already gotten? 320,000+ kills is a lot of circling around Ingleton on a RollerHawg to ask of me, game.

Im surprised people are having trouble finding the collectibles. The map directs you to them. Just do all the side missions to get the ones that are behind locked doors and be mindful of the fact that many things are often found on rooftops

Well, I'm sure a lot of folks are like me, who see a bunch of collectibles all over the map as they start the game and think, "Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and get all those right now!" Like Vinny said on the Bombcast, it would have been nice if the map gave you some kind of indication like, "You can't get this yet; come back later."

Papercuts

So how are tactical strikes unlocked? I've gotten a few but never figured out where they came from.

I believe some of the more core smartglass missions unlocks that stuff(like, the missions he sends you on and not the repeatable put food in crates kind of thing). Access codes are also used for those, and by the end I had tactical strikes, flares, and snipers and like 20+ codes.

besada

Banned
Anyone else having issues getting co-op mode working? Both have open NAT. When I invite it says he's been added, but I don't see him and he doesn't get the invite. When he tries to invite, there's no option for Add Party Members.

GavinGT

Banned
Anyone else having issues getting co-op mode working? Both have open NAT. When I invite it says he's been added, but I don't see him and he doesn't get the invite. When he tries to invite, there's no option for Add Party Members.

You have to send a party invite through the party app, which he must accept by holding the guide button when the notification comes up. Then you invite him to your specific game from the pause menu. Yep, it's totally convoluted.

Also, you both have to be past the diner scene like 10 minutes in.

besada

Banned
You have to send a party invite through the party app, which he must accept by holding the guide button when the notification comes up. Then you invite him to your specific game from the pause menu. Yep, it's totally convoluted.

Also, you both have to be past the diner scene like 10 minutes in.
Did all that and it's still not working. Hmm.

GavinGT

Banned
Did all that and it's still not working. Hmm.

I'd recommend you both fully power-cycle your consoles by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

Maybe even upload a video to Skydrive of you going through the invite process so we be sure you're doing it right.

Top Bottom