• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Also, you both have to be past the diner scene like 10 minutes in.

It took me almost 3 1/2hrs.to get to the diner my first time.

There are over 1000 zombies between the start and the diner. I killed every one of them :lol

watership

Max out your ranged attribute, get a bunch of split shot rifles, wait until dark. Holy shit is that fun. Easily do 1000 combos with 3 or 4 rifles.

Chairhome

I ran out of time on nightmare (played it on my first play), but I'm starting over on nightmare at level 20. I regret nothing. I love the game. A little sad that I didn't save after getting the
chest beam
before restarting.

SonicBoom

You inspired me to go and get the blueprints to do this. Good stuff -- I love how it blows your clothes off

LOL THAT WAS EPICNESS :D will by playing this game on multiple playthoughs :D

I wonder why there's no demo for this??? Why???

It would pay off to Capcom to bring in new gamers and I feel this game should be a demo at every Xbox One Demo Station... in my opinion its a missed opportunity

More people need to experience this on Xbox One that passed this up!

I'm taking my sweet-ass time going through this game.

I'm a level 20 and I'm at the part where
I just disabled the radios and the cameras, now I think I have to go to police station and do something

I forget what chapter I'm on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
yeah that's a shit ton of grinding

It seems somewhat more bearable than DR1. I still remember driving through that underground area forfuckinever to get the needed kills. I already hit 40K playing through normally, and it keeps the amount instead of resetting it like before.

def sim

This is a pretty wacky game.

ib0g6SXXPQTshH.gif

iRceTctLuEMAE.gif

Vee_One

Found the Blanka mask last night
Hilarious watching cut scenes of Nick sneaking around wearing that thing.

I didn't think I would love how over the top the characters are in this but I do.

It's definitely more interesting than The Walking Dead :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
Been having a ton of fun with this since finishing up Ryse. The game seems kinda dark which made me go thru the tv calibration which seems to have made it even darker.

Should I just crank the in game gamma?

Enjoying the game, just got the rollerhawg so very early on, just had it crash to the dashboard in the middle of a mission though :/

Marleyman

Banned
Anyone have some tips for Nightmare mode? I am on Chapter 3 and have less than 2 hrs remaining until bomb; should I start over? I feel like I am too OCD to complete this mode.

DSmalls84

Anyone have some tips for Nightmare mode? I am on Chapter 3 and have less than 2 hrs remaining until bomb; should I start over? I feel like I am too OCD to complete this mode.

Seems like the best way is to complete normal first at max lvl and then just ignore everything but the main missions in nightmare.

SoyTits

Banned
Beat it on Nightmare last night.

Though, every time I boot the game up, the performance seems to drop more and more.

Objects draw in much much slower.

Anyone else seeing this?

Chairhome

Yes, haha. I got to Ch 4 or 5 with 12 hours left and I ran out of time. You really need to just focus on story missions in that mode. I restarted at level 22, still trying to do Nightmare mode though.

Marleyman

Banned
Yes, haha. I got to Ch 4 or 5 with 12 hours left and I ran out of time. You really need to just focus on story missions in that mode. I restarted at level 22, still trying to do Nightmare mode though.

Fucker; thanks though. I figured as much. I just can't help myself lol

Okay, I was about to cancel Gamefly since they haven't sent me any games in over a week, but they finally sent me DR3. I'll finally be able to give this a go later!

paolo11

Noob here. Question...

How huge of an improvement in terms of character model, environment, and lighting from Dear Rising 2 to Dead Rising 3? Any comparison pics?

SoyTits

Banned
Noob here. Question...

How huge of an improvement in terms of character model, environment, and lighting from Dear Rising 2 to Dead Rising 3? Any comparison pics?

The lighting is a ton better with dynamic shadows, etc. That's what stood out to me the most.

The game does have a lot of rough spots at times though, especially with blood spatters in cutscenes that are just pixels.

My favorite effect is the glass though, I love throwing zombies through large store displays.

Been having a ton of fun with this since finishing up Ryse. The game seems kinda dark which made me go thru the tv calibration which seems to have made it even darker.

Should I just crank the in game gamma?

Yes. I also found dropping the resolution to 720p via the settings helped quite a bit.

paolo11

The lighting is a ton better with dynamic shadows, etc. That's what stood out to me the most.

The game does have a lot of rough spots at times though, especially with blood spatters in cutscenes that are just pixels.

My favorite effect is the glass though, I love throwing zombies through large store displays.

What about character models like protagonist, psycho, npc? Huge improvement as well?

Can you get people to stop following you? I have Anna (from the motel graffiti mission near the start) following me and I don't want her too...

Grisby

Beat it on Nightmare last night.

Though, every time I boot the game up, the performance seems to drop more and more.

Objects draw in much much slower.

Anyone else seeing this?
I noticed that it seemed to get a bit more framey after a while myself. I turned off my Xbox standby mode (minute boot doesn't bother me so much) to see if it helped. Couldn't really tell if it did.

I think the game just started performing worse because the farther you get in the story the more zombies start appearing in the streets.

SoyTits

Banned
I noticed that it seemed to get a bit more framey after a while myself. I turned off my Xbox standby mode (minute boot doesn't bother me so much) to see if it helped. Couldn't really tell if it did.

I think the game just started performing worse because the farther you get in the story the more zombies start appearing in the streets.

Nah, started story on chapter 3 to grind up some kills and it was still going on, if not worse.

I wonder what it is.

Bsigg12

Is the performance issues somehow related to a cache issue by chance?

That's what I'm thinking. Kinect seems to get bogged down after a while but pulling the power on the system must clear the cache and it works fine again. I'm hoping they have this issue fixed with the first update.

Top Bottom