• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

That's what I'm thinking. Kinect seems to get bogged down after a while but pulling the power on the system must clear the cache and it works fine again. I'm hoping they have this issue fixed with the first update.

Damn... cache issues. They really need to figure this stuff out, it happened enough last gen. :p

How do you guys have your character spec'd out?

Post some screens.

I'm a level 21 or 22 or something and I've really just invested in the top 3 attributes.

zorbsie

Playing this with the companion app is fantastic. Seems like there is a lot of content/interaction in there. I'm answering the phone a lot more with the app than without.

Companion app isnt working. It loads up you see the home button on the bottom but nothing else.

Start the game with the app, not from the Xbox menu. Had that problem when I first got it, but that procedure solved that particular issue. As for all the other ones...

Alright, some questions

- In the Player menu, where you add your attribute points, what are all the circles up top, the "Combo Categories"?? What are those?

- When someone joins my game, how do I hear them through my headset? I can only hear them through my Kinect, even though the headset is plugged in??

- I found the Blanka mask and I have a battery, how do I combine them? The blanka mask is wearable but I don't see any way to "hold" it in my hand.

sangreal

Alright, some questions

- In the Player menu, where you add your attribute points, what are all the circles up top, the "Combo Categories"?? What are those?

The combos all require specific items, like a handgun. If you unlock one of the categories, then you can substitute any item of that type so instead of a handgun you could use any gun

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alright, some questions

- When someone joins my game, how do I hear them through my headset? I can only hear them through my Kinect, even though the headset is plugged in??

- I found the Blanka mask and I have a battery, how do I combine them? The blanka mask is wearable but I don't see any way to "hold" it in my hand.

-Let's you substitute anything in that category. So if you pick blunt weapon, you can use say a chair instead of a baseball bat for a blunt combo. If you unlock every one of the circles it basically means you can combo all kinds of weird stuff together.

-Not sure, but I had an issue with the headset before where it wouldn't work if I plugged it in after the controller was on. Maybe try having it in from the start and see if that fixes it.

-There's two types of masks. One you wear is a clothing item, the one in your hand is a 'weapon'. Just need to find which one is which. There's no way to put a mask from your hand on your head and vice versa.

Chairhome

Can you get people to stop following you? I have Anna (from the motel graffiti mission near the start) following me and I don't want her too...
You go to the safehouse bulletin board and uncheck them.
Alright, some questions

The food one is great. Make sure you unlock that one.

Quick question: I finished the main story and now I'm going back to get all the collectables, specifically the frank statues. I'm skipping around chapters to do so and I am trying to get the one near the Zen center in ingleton but it seems like I have to do that psycho side mission to get in that gate, is that correct? If not how do I get to it? Its driving me insane. If I have to then I guess I'll just do that mission when I play through nightmare mode

Quick question: I finished the main story and now I'm going back to get all the collectables, specifically the frank statues. I'm skipping around chapters to do so and I am trying to get the one near the Zen center in ingleton but it seems like I have to do that psycho side mission to get in that gate, is that correct? If not how do I get to it? Its driving me insane. If I have to then I guess I'll just do that mission when I play through nightmare mode

I think so, i have to get into the buffet but need to beat the buffet psycho to gain access to it.

So I've noticed so far, up to chapter 3, there has only been one optional psycho. Everyone else I've fought was part of the story. Does this change later?

Also... always wear your seat belt during the zombie apocalypse https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6AAB5B5248B81BD!140

ive taken out 4 so far.

Im just worried im going to run out of time and its stopping me doing side missions. I wish there was a way just to do the damn game without having to worry about how many missions/chapters/time is left.

The game is great but the whole time limit thing is inexcusable

ive taken out 4 so far.

Im just worried im going to run out of time and its stopping me doing side missions. I wish there was a way just to do the damn game without having to worry about how many missions/chapters/time is left.

The game is great but the whole time limit thing is inexcusable

Having played the other games the time limit.in normal mode is really forgiving. Throw in the autosaves and I don't feel its really that bad. If you want to ensure you do all the main missions just never spend too much time on side stuff and you should be fine.

A lot more show up, mostly optional. There's a pretty big gap at the start for it, though.
Very good to know. The boss with the Dr was a pretty great idea.

Having played the other games the time limit.in normal mode is really forgiving. Throw in the autosaves and I don't feel its really that bad. If you want to ensure you do all the main missions just never spend too much time on side stuff and you should be fine.

Very good to know. The boss with the Dr was a pretty great idea.
Regardless. Any form of time limit discourages exploration. The problem is when the timer is ticking down, you don't if that is enough time to complete all the missions or not.

They also encourage you to collect heaps of statues, do pp challenges and collect weapons, while a timer ticks you down?

I don't care how forgiving it is, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

It is such a fun game and I can't for the life of me see one reason why it exists.

Regardless. Any form of time limit discourages exploration. The problem is when the timer is ticking down, you don't if that is enough time to complete all the missions or not.

They also encourage you to collect heaps of statues, do pp challenges and collect weapons, while a timer ticks you down?

I don't care how forgiving it is, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

It is such a fun game and I can't for the life of me see one reason why it exists.
Truth be told, some folks really like the tension this provides. Plus the series has always been based around the idea of replaying the game and not being able to do everything in your first run. Sounds like its just not your cup of teeth.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was there not an endless mode in the first dead rising game once you had finished the main game? Or am I thinking of a different game? Would be nice if after you finished Nightmare it opened up the world to just mess about in. (but there is nothing stopping you doing that anyway I guess so this is a non post
KuGsj.gif
)

Was there not an endless mode in the first dead rising game once you had finished the main game? Or am I thinking of a different game? Would be nice if after you finished Nightmare it opened up the world to just mess about in. (but there is nothing stopping you doing that anyway I guess so this is a non post
KuGsj.gif
)
Yeah there was a survival mode where your only goal was to see how many days you could live as nothing respawned and your life deminished due to hunger.

Truth be told, some folks really like the tension this provides. Plus the series has always been based around the idea of replaying the game and not being able to do everything in your first run. Sounds like its just not your cup of teeth.
I hated the first 2 because of the time limit. This one is a lot of fun. The game is great fun and I really enjoy it. I understand I can do stuff in a subsequent run but it strikes me as an odd game design. It's the biggest surprise launch game for me.

eshwaaz

Question for those who have finished the game:
How does Overtime work? Does it adhere to the same timer as the 7 main Chapters, or is it independent? I have enough time left to finish Chapter 7, but not by much.

sangreal

Question for those who have finished the game:
How does Overtime work? Does it adhere to the same timer as the 7 main Chapters, or is it independent? I have enough time left to finish Chapter 7, but not by much.

it's independent. clock fast forwards to 0 days, 0 hours before OT

well guys, 1 chapter left and one day and a half to spend in it. do I have to rush or can I spend some time grinding?

btw, level 33

sangreal

Couple of questions please :

1) if I start a file under story mode, there's no way for me open my game for some one to join my game, correct? If I start a new file, do I lose my stats?

go to playstyle in options. but no, you dont lose your stats

2) I need help Overtime. Tips are welcome. I lost an hour and a half of running around and having to restart.

at each stop there is a truck with assault rifles; use them to shoot the drones. There is no timer until you go to the top of the movie theater, so use this time to stock up at a safehouse on ranged weapons. The electric staff will also wipe out any drones close to the ground

Nivane

A friend and I played through the entire story via co-op, with me always joining his story.

Now if I played single player, I only have my levels that I attained in his story (empty inventory, find everything all over, etc.)-- I'd have to do everything over correct?

I have exactly 3 days left and I just beat the
nerdy guy in his villa with the flying helicopter drones
psycho mission.

Do I have plenty of time left to keep lolly-gagging around or do I need to step up my pace a little bit?

Dram

I just beat the game and got the S ending. Which one is canon? Ending A right?
It depends. The first had the
S
ending as canon, but ending
A
was canon in the second one. Since two and three are made by the same developer, it could be
A

Companion app isnt working. It loads up you see the home button on the bottom but nothing else.

I had the same issue last night. I'll try starting the game with the app today. Just got my xbone yesterday and have played dead rising 3 quite a bit. It's a lot more fun than the others I think. Much less loading and better controls. I didn't have too much experience with the other games, though.

besada

Banned
I'd recommend you both fully power-cycle your consoles by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

Maybe even upload a video to Skydrive of you going through the invite process so we be sure you're doing it right.

Turns out he was in an unsecured safe house. Not sure why he wasn't getting my invite, but I'll chalk that down to him being dumb.

just finished the game earlier and i had a great time it was amazing, worth it B^)

fdsahlsdfkfhlfdsfkl haha Chuck is back really made me go :eek: , his daughter too, i had no idea, also my love Isabella <3 , still looks good :D

i expected frank to show up :'( , #FreeFrank

now i wish we got terror is reality back, i liked it in DR2

MXRider

Few questions:

I just got to the credits, do I have unlimited time in overtime mode?

When I start a new game do my stats carry over? How about blueprints and statues collected?

sangreal

Few questions:

I just got to the credits, do I have unlimited time in overtime mode?

no, but the clock doesnt start until you get to the roof. As I recommended before, I would use that time to hit a safehouse
When I start a new game do my stats carry over? How about blueprints and statues collected?

yes, but NOT any keys to doors you might've gotten during the story

Top Bottom