• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Kinyou said:
Dead Space 2 actionfigures:

deadisa08.jpg

deadisa12.jpg

deadisa13.jpg

:lol

I think the picture links are broken, I don't see anything.

Minamu

Alucrid said:
You have balls of steel then. I guess games where I don't have a weapon or at least very, very limited amounts, scare the crap out of me. Fatal Frame did it, Silent Hill, Clock Tower (especially when you can't kill enemies), etc. I've never really found horror games where you can shoot (Dead Space, FEAR, etc.) scary.

The thing is, the ques and set ups for something to 'jump' at you were so obvious after the first few. Oh music? Oh bodies lying on the floor?
I must have. And I've barely played any of the classic horror games :( With Amnesia, I mostly got irritated at the fact that most sound effects were nothing but just that. They stopped being scary when they barely ever came from something besides a sound file on my harddrive, you know?

Another review in: Swedish mag LEVEL: issue 58 gave it an 8/10 (and another 8 as second opinion). Not entirely sure why, but from the last paragraph I read this; DS1 was a positive surprise, while with DS2, we've known pretty much from the start that it'll be awesome :)D). That apparently lessened the impact for the reviewer.

They also have a big article/preview of the game. How come no one said they made a visit to SF? :p There's also an interview (and a top 3 best looking games) with our very own monkeypants :D The producer, Sherief Fattouh is also interviewed :) They say he has an enchanting smile :lol Oh, and Mr. Steve Papoutsis as well. Of course. GAF's favorite isn't mentioned though :'( Seems like a nice burn on Schofield from Fattouh as well. Haven't read it yet.

And I just realized that I completely missed the live stream on facebook. Great.

Minamu said:
I must have. And I've barely played any of the classic horror games :( With Amnesia, I mostly got irritated at the fact that most sound effects were nothing but just that. They stopped being scary when they barely ever came from something besides a sound file on my harddrive, you know?

Another review in: Swedish mag LEVEL: issue 58 gave it an 8/10 (and another 8 as second opinion). Not entirely sure why, but from the last paragraph I read this; DS1 was a positive surprise, while with DS2, we've known pretty much from the start that it'll be awesome :)D). That apparently lessened the impact for the reviewer.

They also have a big article/preview of the game. How come no one said they made a visit to SF? :p There's also an interview (and a top 3 best looking games) with our very own monkeypants :D The producer, Sherief Fattouh is also interviewed :) They say he has an enchanting smile :lol Oh, and Mr. Steve Papoutsis as well. Of course. GAF's favorite isn't mentioned though :'( Seems like a nice burn on Schofield from Fattouh as well. Haven't read it yet.

And I just realized that I completely missed the live stream on facebook. Great.

How could you have missed it...? It's on at 4:30 PST. There's still five hours till its on. I would know, I live on the West Coast.

RoboPlato said:
What's so bad about the IGN review? I'm not reading anything (haven't even watched the last few trailers) because I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Dead Space 2 is an amazing game. I'm going to write about its scary moments, cool kills, and how much I dig the main character's internal struggle, but Dead Space 2 is about more than this.

Some fans threw hissy fits when Visceral said that there'd be more action in Dead Space 2, but it works and I love it. Isaac feels like a badass here, and he should.

Another stumble is multiplayer. I've played all of the game's five modes/maps, and none of them did anything for me.

Greg Miller was remunerated for typing things into his keyboard that I'd be offended reading on GameFAQs.

Minamu

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
How could you have missed it...? It's on at 4:30 PST. There's still five hours till its on. I would know, I live on the West Coast.
Really? My facebook said it was gonna start at 16:30, which I assumed was in my time xD And that was 4 hours ago. Good news, thanks.

Dartastic

I'm conflicted. PS3 has a free copy of Extraction, but 360 is where I play multiplayer games, and I might want to jump into that. Efff, man.

Facism

played the demo again, didn't realise Isaac goes on a swearing spree if you keep stomping :D

"FUCK MOTHERFUCKER DIE YOU FUCKER FUCK YOU DIEEEEEEE ARRRRRGGGHHH SHIT FUUUCCCCKKKKK DIIIIIEEEE"

Good amount of desperation in his voice too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Greg Miller was remunerated for typing things into his keyboard that I'd be offended reading on GameFAQs.
Oh, wow. That is pretty bad. Thanks for choosing some quotes so I didn't have to risk spoilers.

kiun

Dartastic said:
I'm conflicted. PS3 has a free copy of Extraction, but 360 is where I play multiplayer games, and I might want to jump into that. Efff, man.

I feel you man, I'm in the same boat. Got a PS3 version coming but I might double dip.

guise

Win7 procured. Time to prep for DS2.

qJu2d.png

2560 x 1440, here I come. Please tell me I'm correct in assuming the game has 5.1?

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Cons:
-Waiting another two years for Dead Space 3

Does that mean there is a cliffhanger or is the reviewer being an idiot and pulling some "The only bad thing is that the game is too good!"

Did I read a page or so ago that unlocks can be carried to the next difficulty up?

Minamu

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I would never trust Facebook's idea of time. It's a sentient liar.
Seems like it. I'm not sure 01:30 is a better time though :lol Lecture at 10:15 and game development from lunch to 16:00 tomorrow.

HamPster PamPster said:
Does that mean there is a cliffhanger or is the reviewer being an idiot and pulling some "The only bad thing is that the game is too good!"

Did I read a page or so ago that unlocks can be carried to the next difficulty up?
Internet rumors have hinted at a teaser for DS3 at the end of the game. It's coming :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
guise said:
Native res of the iMac which hopefully the game will run at)
iMac? You really think an iMac is going to be able to drive Dead Space 2 at that resolution?

bubnbob

Banned
Facism said:
played the demo again, didn't realise Isaac goes on a swearing spree if you keep stomping :D

"FUCK MOTHERFUCKER DIE YOU FUCKER FUCK YOU DIEEEEEEE ARRRRRGGGHHH SHIT FUUUCCCCKKKKK DIIIIIEEEE"

Good amount of desperation in his voice too.

This is true? Didnt play the demo... holy shit must get Dead Space 2. Love swearing.

scitek

I'm hoping I can run this one at 60fps too, like I can the first one. And here's hoping AA is supported correctly so I don't have to use MLAA.

Burger

dreamer3kx said:
Im kind of the same, played the first one and loved it but it was pretty damn scary so I forced myself to go down that hallway knowing something will jump out at my ass at any second. Im going to force myself to play this one becasue I know its great but wont be looking forward to it, lol (if that makes sense).

Shit I don't know man. I could only play DS during the day time, pretty sure DS2 will be the same.

Oh man I so want to play it... Shit.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Hey Everybody.

So glad to see the anticipation building. For anyone in the Bay Area, a lot of the team will be heading down to the Gamestop location on Powell St. in San Francisco for a Midnight Madness Celebration.

If you're in the area, stop by and say hello.

MechDX

Just went ot pre order at gamestop for the Rivet Gun, they said they are out of pre order Rivet Gun codes. How the fuck do you run out of codes? Its a virtual item.

Needless to say Gamestop didnt get my reserve money. If I must Ill walk in tomorrow and just buy the game to be a smug ass,

Just preordered from bestBuy.com with 500 bonus reward Zone points instead. Also got the Aftermath BD for $5 with it. Pick up instore tomorrow.

Dartastic said:
Also, does anyone know if PS3 or 360 supports DTS?
The first game had DTS on PS3, so I'm sure the PS3 version of DS2 will have it as well. I really doubt that the 360 version will have DTS support. That would have been fairly big news we would have known by now if it did.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Minamu said:
No visit to GAME in Skövde, Sweden, I take it? ;)

Well, I'm not THAT far away. If you want I can dress up like a necromorph and lurk over your shoulder while you play the game for added tension.

think about it

Minamu

Corky said:
Well, I'm not THAT far away. If you want I can dress up like a necromorph and lurk over your shoulder while you play the game for added tension.

think about it
:lol If you have a quality suit, sure :p Will not play before midnight :D

Olivero said:
Just wanted to remind everyone to play with the music off for greatest impact of scares!

oh god please don't tell me the whole game is *vuvuzela* BLLAAARRGGGHHHHHHH when a monster jumps out.

Ok I may have missed this but couldn't seem to find anything with my poor searching skills. Will this be available via Steam at the stroke of midnight per chance, or the regular Steam time?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ok I may have missed this but couldn't seem to find anything with my poor searching skills. Will this be available via Steam at the stroke of midnight per chance, or the regular Steam time?
I don't think anything has been said, but my body is ready for midnight.

In preparation for DS2, I had meant to finish off the first game this week. To my surprise, after booting it up after almost a year I found that somehow my save was gone. Not sure what happened there...possibly a corrupt file.

The good news is, I decided to start over from the beginning and am very glad that I did. Since my first go-round, I purchased a better TV and a surround sound system. I'm even more enamoured with Dead Space then I was when it was launched. What a fantastic game. Looking forward to going directly into what looks to be a great sequel.

So that iPod/iPhone DS game? IGN confirmed that it's a prequel to DS2, and not a remake of the first game:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1145661p1.html

Do you live in New Zealand? If so, you can splash your iPhone and iPad with the blood of Necromophs right now as Dead Space is already live in the NZ App Store. But the rest of us? We have to wait until later tonight (expect around 9PM PST) to get our mitts on the iOS-exclusive Dead Space.

Dead Space for iOS is a prequel of sorts for Dead Space 2, which drops for consoles tomorrow. Taking place just before the events of Dead Space 2, you help Codename: Vandal push through the infested mines of Titan. Something's gone sideways. And you're on clean-up duty.

The iPhone version of Dead Space costs $10NZD, which comes out to around $7USD. Having played the game quite a bit, I can tell you it's worth every penny. The iPad edition should be $9.99USD.

Look for a full review tonight on IGN.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
oh shit that's right, youz guys are getting the game tonight, oh well time for me to bail then :[

stupid 28th...

-viper-

Banned
So Visceral's idea of making a game hard is to limit the number of saves.

Heh. 3 save slots only in Hardcore mode. What a terrible idea. So a single death can easily set you back 3-4 hours in the game.

That hardly seems like a fair way to challenge a player in a high difficulty setting.

-viper- said:
So Visceral's idea of making a game hard is to limit the number of saves.

Heh. 3 save slots only in Hardcore mode. What a terrible idea. So a single death can easily set you back 3-4 hours in the game.

That hardly seems like a fair way to challenge a player in a high difficulty setting.
Hardcore difficulty wasn't made for you, play Zealot mode instead.

Top Bottom