• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

DancingJesus said:
Hm? What Visceral thing?

I read through the OP and didn't see anything on it.

168688_488194856658_18523496658_6243169_6470445_n.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
brandonh83 said:
"How do I RELOAD?"
"I am Kakarot...IN SPAAAACE!"

I usually hate stuff like this but this is hilarious to watch. Plus it's been a while since I've played Dead Space so it'll be a good refresher.

RoboPlato said:
I usually hate stuff like this but this is hilarious to watch. Plus it's been a while since I've played Dead Space so it'll be a good refresher.

I've beaten DS1 three times in the past week or so, so this is just "kind of predictable."

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Really looking forward to this. I have always regretted not buying the first one even though that asteroid shooting mini game nearly ruined the entire game.

That reminds me, for those who have played the game there is no segment like the asteroid shooting that was in the first?

Survival horror games are usually about the right length so that they don't outstay their welcome. Hell I think the first Dead Space could have been a bit shorter, and you'll rarely hear me say things like that.

If there are more than 12 chapters and it's taking people 2-3 hours to get to chapter 5, that's looking like 5-7 hours to hit the length of the original, with more after that. And some chapters are probably longer than others.

Sounds about right.

Meh, to me anything under 7 hrs is forgettable. I don't mind horror when it's long, as long as the pacing is good and the cheap scares don't continue every chapter.

Square Triangle said:
Meh, to me anything under 7 hrs is forgettable. I don't mind horror when it's long, as long as the pacing is good and the cheap scares don't continue every chapter.

I'd rather have good pacing though than just filler for the sake of making the game longer. I too like longer games, but in an action game like this I don't think it needs to be over 6-7 hours.

Of course, if it is, and the pacing remains tight and there's no backtracking, the more the merrier.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
The game is a little longer than the first one, with far less backtracking, etc. Anybody finishing it in under 7 hours is an animal. Some of us at the studio couldn't do that.

Monkey Pants said:
The game is a little longer than the first one, with far less backtracking, etc. Anybody finishing it in under 7 hours is an animal. Some of us at the studio couldn't do that.

This is what's important to me. If it's seriously longer than the first one with very minimal backtracking, that's pretty awesome.

Even if it were the same length as the original with less backtracking, the game would still feel longer or at least feel that there's more content.

rhino4evr

Monkey Pants said:
I figured as much. Thanks for clarifying!

Despera

Banned
Just got to chapter 6 after 3 hours. And holy shit this game is awesome!

It seems like each chapter is 30 minutes long. Well, as long as you like sightseeing like myself :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MMaRsu said:
So who here is man enough to play this without the lights on?

I'm sure I wouldn't be able to :p.
I would but the black levels on my TV suck. I'll be sure to replay it in the dark immediately once I get my plasma and surround sound system later this year. :)

Despera

Banned
MMaRsu said:

It's 3 AM in the morning here. I'm playing in the dark with stereo headphones. So much fun!

Grisby

MMaRsu said:

Soon as I get home from the midnight launch I'm popping this baby in. Lights are a no-no for a game like Dead Space. Or any horror game for that matter.

pakkit

Banned
I'm really glad Visceral works on horror games and not comedy.

Some of this conversation during this stream is so cringe worthy, haha.

Stalkers are the velociraptors of the future. Believe. I'd better some Muldoon images at some point.

I knew Visceral hates kids!

Oh, that's disgusting... the audio guy made himself vomit so he could get the sound of the Puker.

Minamu

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Stalkers are the velociraptors of the future. Believe. I'd better some Muldoon images at some point.

I knew Visceral hates kids!
Didn't they already compare them to those clever girls, a long time ago? :S

Teknoman

MMaRsu said:

Do it. The rooms with the crazy space hallway emergency lights are perfect in a dark room.

Top Bottom