• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

scitek

Is there a chapter select this time around, or do I have to save at the beginning of each chapter like I did the first time?

Despera

Banned
scitek said:
Is there a chapter select this time around, or do I have to save at the beginning of each chapter like I did the first time?
The menu is in front of me right now, and I don't see a "select chapter" option.

Despera

Banned
Ogs said:
The game just plays from start to finish with no loading screens etc in-between ?
Only load screens I've seen were when you load a saved game and when you die, nothing in between.

scitek

Despera said:
Only load screens I've seen were when you load a saved game and when you die, nothing in between.

Wait, so it's not divided into chapters this time?

EDIT: NM, read it wrong.

Despera

Banned
scitek said:
Wait, so it's not divided into chapters this time?
No, there are chapters, but there is no transition between them. Just white text that appears on the bottom left of the screen indicating you've gone to the next one.

Despera said:

That's probably one of the best things I've now heard about this game, it's going to do wonders for the immersion. Can't wait !

Despera

Banned
Ogs said:
That's probably one of the best things I've now heard about this game, it's going to do wonders for the immersion. Can't wait !
As long as you don't die that is.

But sometimes, it's good to die. If only to witness those glorious death sequences. There's one in particular that was freaking hilarious.

scitek

Despera said:
No, there are chapters, but there is no transition between them. Just white text that appears on the bottom left of the screen indicating you've gone to the next one.

Ah, I like that! Are there save points at the beginning of each, though?

mrpeabody

Just posting to say that UPS delivered mine a day early, God bless 'em. Both discs are installed on the 360, and my body is ready.

edit: Hey, it's the menu background from RE5!

I won't get to play this for quite some time ( I will be getting the game as a subscription-gift, and who knows when those arrive? ), so I'm pretty envious of you all.

Big Chungus

nRK9D.jpg

RS4-

What does kind of drive me nuts is when the necromorphs get right in your face and your shots go through them; yeah I know I can melee but it's just a minor gripe.

JohngPR

One month into 2011 and I'm already breaking my one game a month rule. :(

I only have like 2 chapters left in DS1 and couldn't pass up getting Dead Space Extraction in HD and the preorder bonus of the PSN game Dead Space Ignition for free (although I heard it's not so hot). That and I had that $20 credit from that Living Social Amazon deal.

netguy503

Does anyone have an extra Dead Space: Ignition code for me? My GS ran out of them. I would appreciate one if you have extra/don't want yours. Thanks.

scitek

netguy503 said:
Does anyone have an extra Dead Space: Ignition code for me? My GS ran out of them. I would appreciate one if you have extra/don't want yours. Thanks.

I would totally give you mine, but I pre-ordered the PC version so I didn't get a code.

DancingJesus said:
omg 4/5 the world is on fire. we all gonna die.

Seriously though, what was their complaints? I read through the review and didn't really see any. Just curious.

He doesn't seem to find the story engaging, second half of campaign isn't as creative as first half (I think), and I guess he found some character audio difficult to understand... that's all I got. Meh, he's entitled to his opinion, I'll judge for myself tomorrow/day after. He seems to want campaign co-op as well, to which I say: Fuck no.

FireStarta316 said:
Headed to Walmart in two hours to pick it up. Still undecided on what version to get. For those with the CE ... any impressions?

I love it, I thought it was worth the extra cash. Although I'm a first class consumer whore.

JesseZao

Thank you PAX code from last march! Got it earlier today besides getting it for $40. Didn't have a lot of time to play so I limped to the second save spot and will pick it up and run another day.

ezekial45 said:

Interesting that Joystiq and Destructoid both have the same complaint about the other audio seemingly overshadowing the voice acting because of the mixing. But Sterling really seems to love the characters, writing, and storyline.

Great to see so many awesome reviews about the single player campaign coming out though. I hope this finally causes all those naysayers crying about more action and voiced protagonists to just shut up and re-evaluate their positions.

scitek

So, I'm assuming they'll probably let me play the game at 3am since that's when the west coast will be in today time, or do I have to wait for those assholes in Hawaii too?

Ashodin

Just a heads up (and maybe thread worthy), but it looks like the Dead Space 2 PS3 edition of the game does not come with the Dragon Age 2 Ser Isaac Armor Code. It looks like EA forgot to package it with the game.

Just opened two copies at work and the 360 one does have it, (as does the PC for fuck's sake!) but the PS3 is high and dry. I'm returning mine for a 360 copy tomorrow.

EDIT:

Okay got somewhat cleared up on the social site:

DS2 PC and 360 - code in box, redeem here on social, see it on your registered promos page here on social, get item in DA2 PC or 360 by logging into EA account in-game (DA2)

DS2 PS3 - log in to EA account in-game (DS2), added to your EA account (you should see it here on your registered promos page), get item in DA2 PS3 only by logging into EA account in-game (DA2)

Looks like I can get it, but it's not cross platform. Still getting mine returned.

scitek

Maxrpg said:
Just a heads up (and maybe thread worthy), but it looks like the Dead Space 2 PS3 edition of the game does not come with the Dragon Age 2 Ser Isaac Armor Code. It looks like EA forgot to package it with the game.

Just opened two copies at work and the 360 one does have it, (as does the PC for fuck's sake!) but the PS3 is high and dry. I'm returning mine for a 360 copy tomorrow.

Yeah, my PC copy came with a code. Question, how the hell do I register my game in the EA Download Manager? I don't see a code anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, they hid it on the back of the manual. Fucks.

Well DA2 looks like complete shit, so I see no issue.

The multiplayer has been cleaned since beta! Awesome, glad to see they put some effort into it, at least it looks that way. No mic issues or framerate problems when things get intense.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
He doesn't seem to find the story engaging, second half of campaign isn't as creative as first half (I think), and I guess he found some character audio difficult to understand... that's all I got. Meh, he's entitled to his opinion, I'll judge for myself tomorrow/day after. He seems to want campaign co-op as well, to which I say: Fuck no.

Hmm well, character audio isn't a big deal since I play with subtitles in every game I own.

As for Co-Op, I think it's one of the worst ideas ever to happen to horror games. It runs the entire illusion of it being scary. So... not sure where he was going with that.

Still a very positive review and nothing to complain about.

Top Bottom