• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

netguy503

the chris said:
As long as you played Ignition you get the Hacker outfit, and you get that Plasma Cutter from having data from the first game.

Is that plasma cutter the same one as the game stop pre-order?

ultron87

the chris said:
As long as you played Ignition you get the Hacker outfit, and you get that Plasma Cutter from having data from the first game.

How is the first game's Plasma Cutter different from the new one?

I assume it doesn't come fully upgraded, as that would be fairly broken.

the chris

ultron87 said:

I don't know of any differences, I just saw that if you had data from the first game you can use the "retro" plasma cutter.

K' Dash

ultron87 said:

I'm playing with the DS1 plasma cutter and it's not fully upgraded, I think it's just a skin, I can't confirm that, though.

scitek

Corky said:
can someone take some screengrabs of the pc-version running with AA``? WOuld be very appreciated

I think due to my display, 720p's the best I can do for now. Maybe I'll hook it up to the 1080p in the living room later tonight and try to get some higher res shots. These are with MLAA on.

deadspace2.exe_2011-01dlhy.png

deadspace2.exe_2011-01qyf4.png

deadspace2.exe_2011-01zbrq.png

deadspace2.exe_2011-01azfo.png

Big Chungus

Anyone wanna trade me their Dead Space Ignition(ps3) code for an unused guild wars key or star trek online key?

I really want to know what happens in ds: ignition.

Dyno

Got mah copay and a brand new blood red controller to go with it!

Dead Space me all night long - say what! Dead Space me all night long - say what!

DEEEEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDD SPAAAAAAAAAACE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL NNNNIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT LLLOOONNNNGGG!!!

fna84 said:
Anyone wanna trade me their Dead Space Ignition(ps3) code for an unused guild wars key or star trek online key?

I really want to know what happens in ds: ignition.

There is no code. It's on the disc. It's been mentioned numerous times back and forth in the thread.

see5harp

Came home and installed Extraction from the disc. It took around 15 minutes which seems long but whatever I'm playing it. I also didn't get a Dragon Age 2 code in the disc, but snagged one from a 360 version at Blockbuster. Did PS3 versions not ship with that code?

EDIT: I was going to start celebrating because Dead Space Extraction actually gets added to your Games after installing but you need the disc.

see5harp said:
Came home and installed Extraction from the disc. It took around 15 minutes which seems long but whatever I'm playing it. I also didn't get a Dragon Age 2 code in the disc, but snagged one from a 360 version at Blockbuster. Did PS3 versions not ship with that code?

It will be linked between your EA Online account when you start up DA2

Dyno

Square Triangle said:
There is no code. It's on the disc. It's been mentioned numerous times back and forth in the thread.

This is how it went for me. (PS3)

The disc has Dead Space 2 and Extraction. Ignition is a code on a slip of paper.

Big Chungus

Square Triangle said:

I thought Extraction was the disc and Ignition was a code that Gamestop gave out to preorders.

Dyno said:
This is how it went for me. (PS3)

The disc has Dead Space 2 and Extraction. Ignition is a code on a slip of paper.

The only code I received in my CE was the online pass for exclusive gear. I installed and played Extraction before I even loaded up DS2.

fna84 said:
I thought Extraction was the disc and Ignition was a code that Gamestop gave out to preorders.

Oh I'm terribly sorry, I read that as you were asking for an Extraction code ><. Anyways, Gamestop Ignition codes have been exhausted so they aren't handing out anymore. I would just look online for the rundown on the story, the game is terrible.

An-Det

I loved the demo, and since this released today I check it's Wiki's reception section and see "The game has received universal acclaim...". Damn happy to see these scores and impressions, the guys at Visceral really deserve it. Can't wait to play it myself.

Don't think mine's gonna get here today. Paid for release date delivery and Amazon lists it as shipped, but on the UPS tracking it's been sitting at "A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated" since around 1 p.m. yesterday. I'm still playing through DS1 so it's no huge deal, but I'm still gonna ask for a shipping charge refund if it never shows up. A buck is a buck.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
For anyone interested, here's a video comparison between the PS3 and Wii versions of Extraction:

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/video_comparison_dead_space_extraction.html#

The capture of the Wii version seemed a little off. I wonder if they were capturing in 480i or 480p. Still, the game looks great on both machines, I'll take my chances that I can find a version of the game that comes with Extraction for cheaper later on. I just don't have the cash to be buying games on day 1 right now.

Plus, I'd have to buy a Move controller to play Extraction properly. Does DS2 support Move? Or is it just Extraction?

FlyinJ said:
How much is Extraction going to be on PSN?

$15

Dead Man Typing said:
The capture of the Wii version seemed a little off. I wonder if they were capturing in 480i or 480p. Still, the game looks great on both machines, I'll take my chances that I can find a version of the game that comes with Extraction for cheaper later on. I just don't have the cash to be buying games on day 1 right now.

Plus, I'd have to buy a Move controller to play Extraction properly. Does DS2 support Move? Or is it just Extraction?

Just Extraction

kamspy

scitek said:
I think due to my display, 720p's the best I can do for now. Maybe I'll hook it up to the 1080p in the living room later tonight and try to get some higher res shots. These are with MLAA on.

Gah! Throw some multisampling at that thang. The jaggies are scarier than the monsters.

I wanna hold off, but I'm probably gonna buy the game this week. Actually, I'm probably gonna buy it today. Damned Steam. Makes it hard to skip buying games because I can't play the lazy card. :/

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Corky said:
Alright for once I'm going to be reasonable and ask questions before having my usual kneejerk reactions to announcements like these.

Codecow, Monkeypants ( obviously this is a buisness decision and nothing else, but ya'll might have some insight regardless ) was these chapters ready for release alongside the game? Or are they actually going to be "true" DLC?

No. We finished all shipping game content around the week before Thanksgiving. DLC stuff is only just now finishing.

LostVector

Neo Member
After the short snafu on Steam last night ... here are my notes on the 3D support present in Dead Space 2 right now.

Dead Space 2 is an amazing experience in 3D, but the frequent improper use of 3D effects makes it unplayable unless you are highly trained in being able to ignore the artifacts.

Right now it looks just like the first one in nVidia 3D vision... possibly worse b/c of more improper use of effects.

- Volumetric fog causes double images of objects and Isaac to be clipped.
- Flares are rendered in only one eye.
- Shadows are rendered at screen depth.
- Static lights hitting the walls are rendered incorrectly/in one eye.

You can turn off the shadows and the flares, but the lights and fog are everywhere and I can't find a way to disable those in game. Maybe an ini tweak?

I bet some of the "in one eye" problems could be fixed by nVidia. We'll see...

Also for some reason I'm pegged at 30fps. I'm not sure if that's some sort of weirdness in my hardware or a bug in the game, but it runs completely counter to what you said earlier about high framerates. This is all on a GTX295.

Anyway ... codecow, monkeypants. A civilized plea to either fix the issues in 3D on PC with nVidia or allow us the ability to disable any options that are glitchy in 3D. It won't be ideal but you have not experienced your own game if you haven't played it in 3D! I'm curious if you folks have even experimented with 3D support over there. If you haven't I highly suggest trying it. You won't think of your own game the same way again.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
scitek said:

http://www.abload.de/img/deadspace2.exe_2011-01dlhy.png[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/deadspace2.exe_2011-01qyf4.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/deadspace2.exe_2011-01zbrq.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/deadspace2.exe_2011-01azfo.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

very nice man thanks, MLAA looks killer, I hope that the built-in AA is decent enough or that one can force MSAA without retarded performance-cuts

careksims

FedEx Delivers! I'm a total wuss with these games so I will have to play it during the day! Going to try out Extraction first since I do have Move controllers. Installing that first.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Monkey Pants said:
No. We finished all shipping game content around the week before Thanksgiving. DLC stuff is only just now finishing.

thanks man, would've bought anyways but that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Monkey Pants said:

Is the 'Severance' SP the only DLC you guys have planned for now, or do you guys have more SP DLC in the works? More SP chapters and stuff is always welcome in my book.

Arsin

Got mine at midnight last night. Played about a hour or so of the story and loved every minute of it! Twinkle twinkle little star will never be the same :O

scitek

kamspy said:
Gah! Throw some multisampling at that thang. The jaggies are scarier than the monsters.

It's not like I wanted to just use MLAA. Just like the first game, the in-game AA barely does anything and MSAA can't be forced through drivers, at least not with my ATI card. And I'm running the 11.1 leak from last week.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
One note about the "unintelligble character audio" that a couple reviewers have mentioned with Nicole.

It's intentional. We're okay with you not understanding her, as at that part of the story she's the "noise" in Isaac's head.

Top Bottom