• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

see5harp

brandonh83 said:
Don't do it. This is amazing holy shit. My face is melting off.

I know it's just the opening but it's enough to tell me that the team meant serious business this time.

Seriously that opening scene was just magical. Visceral living up to their name in the first 5 minutes.

lucius

The TV spots for this game are stupid, Garnett Lee talked about it in the latest podcast: weekend confirmed, he was spot on.

Despera

Banned
I'm on the survivalist difficulty, and I just reached an area where it's almost impossible to advance.

This game is breaking my balls!
and it feels good!

ultron87

lucius said:
The TV spots for this game are stupid, Garnett Lee talked about it in the latest podcast: weekend confirmed, he was spot on.

*shrug*

I disagree about Garnett saying that this is marketing the game to children. Most of the mothers in that commercial look old enough such that their children would probably be right in the game's target demographic.

Whether the 18-25 year old male demographic hears "Your mom will hate this" and thinks "Yeah! This game is fucking metal! To Gamestop!" is an entirely different argument.

lucius said:

Are you referring to the "Your Mom hates this" spots?

More like "your Grandma", seriously!

Dyno

Revolutionary said:
Damn, these difficulty posts have me rethinking whether I want to play on Zealot on my first run or not. :lol

Play it on Survivalist for your first run. On your Zealot run you could use some of the higher end DLC armour to help you out.

Dyno said:
Play it on Survivalist for your first run. On your Zealot run you could use some of the higher end DLC armour to help you out.

Pussies.

I'm doing a zealot-passive run where I negotiate with the necromorphs into leaving me be.

If that doesn't work...I'll try guilt-trips.

Dyno said:
DLC armor?

Oh, and for those with PS3 copies that were having issues with the Online Pass working: try them now, mine finally went through.

v0yce

imperium said:
Just saw this on slickdeals.net Great deal.

KMart has LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) + Dead Space 2 (PS3/360) + 1600 Microsoft Xbox Live Points or $20 Playstation Network Card for $90. Offer is valid in-store only

Yep. Just did this a few hours ago.

Rings up automatically. Awesome deal.

Plissken

Gribbix said:
No PC release for 'Severed' DLC

It would have been nice if EA had mentioned this before the release date.

Goddamnit, do you not want my money EA? I want to give you my money.

Had I known this before hand, I would have picked this up for my PS3/360, then double dipped on the PC version later when it drops in price.

Oh well, PC version is waiting for me when I get home, can't wait to play tonight! :)

Dude Abides

Banned
I played the DS on Xbox but am planning to get the second on PS3 for extraction. Is there any reason not to do this - I haven't read about any significantly different performance issues. Is there any stuff that carries over from your DS1 save into DS2?

Grisby

Dude Abides said:
I played the DS on Xbox but am planning to get the second on PS3 for extraction. Is there any reason not to do this - I haven't read about any significantly different performance issues. Is there any stuff that carries over from your DS1 save into DS2?

You get a re-skin for the plasma cutter. That's it. And both versions are pretty identical.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gribbix said:
No PC release for 'Severed' DLC

It would have been nice if EA had mentioned this before the release date.
This is un-fucking-believable. I am getting sick and fucking tired of getting punished for buying shit day 1 on a platform that gets me 60 fps/1080p.

So fucking irritating.

Codecow, please beg your superiors to rethink this. Also, throw the PC the costume DLC too. I have money sitting around and I would buy it if it looks badass enough (which it does).

Vexidus

I was quite disappointed by the Dead Space 2 demo, it just didn't feel right to me I was afraid it would be representative of the final game.

To my pleasant surprise, this hasn't been the case at all! I'm currently on chapter 2 and loving this game so much. The atmosphere is as good as ever, and the environments have a crazy amount of detail to them. I am using "classic" aiming with the sensitivity way down, and it feels great. I'm taking the game nice and slow on Zealot difficulty, to really savour the game. Hardcore is gonna be a nightmare, as I've died at least 10 times already (4 in the intro sequence alone, lol). There is some really violent shit in this game. I was pretty shocked by the
other hospital patient slitting his throat. The spurts and gurgling noises were pretty sick. Also, the dude in the operating room where you get the plasma cutter, got destroyed!
So far, this game really delivers!

I can't wait to check out Extraction too, since I missed out on it for the Wii. I also got a code to download Ignition, so I'll probably check that out too, although I found the demo to be horrendous.

Back to the game!

Despera

Banned
Just got to Chapter 9...

A word of advice: Think a million times before playing on Survivalist.

Then again, you can change the difficulty on the fly. But I won't do it!

Dyno

Despera said:
Just got to Chapter 9...

A word of advice: Think a million times before playing on Survivalist.

Then again, you can change the difficulty on the fly. But I won't do it!

What are you saying? Too easy?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

careksims

I'm like "okay I can do this!" and then I started playing... AHHH! Why did I start playing this!?
I will prevail!

Its nice how Ignition(watched a play-though) leads up to DS2.

Despera

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
He's saying it's too hard.
Basically he's a pussy, despite having a SMT avatar.
A burnt pussy after all these necroomorph gang-rapes.

Have fun playing on Zealot without a decent RIG upgrade.

In the meanwhile, I'ma go and play some LBP2 :)

scitek

Dyno said:

I'm playing Survivalist and I'm finding it kinda easy.

By the way EA, thanks for the DLC on PC. You suck.

I'm not playing this until it drops to $40 but I want to prepare which difficulty I'll play on. I'm leaning toward survivalist but some previews say that the game in general is more difficult than the first, which I only played on normal. On the PC version, can I temporarily lower the difficulty and not care about getting an achievement for completing the entire game on survivalist? Does it even have achievements? I hope not.

darkpaladinmfc said:
He's saying it's too hard.
Basically he's a pussy, despite having a SMT avatar.

*fist bumps the Zealot Defense Force*

Despera said:
A burnt pussy after all these necroomorph gang-rapes.

Have fun playing on Zealot without a decent RIG upgrade.

In the meanwhile, I'ma go and play some LBP2 :)

I'm figuring if Zealot is anything like the hardest difficulty in DS1...Increasing health is first and foremost on the upgrade list. Even then...don't get hit, ever.

Not surprised about no DLC on PC as the first one didn't get any either. I didn't realise there was going to be "proper" DLC though. Guess I'll return my PC version when it gets here and get the PS3 version instead. I wanted to play Extraction anyway.

Top Bottom