• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
betweenthewheels said:
Why would anyone do this? The horror is crafted and music is a big contributor to that.
If you're implying horribly unrestrained, nuance-less dramatic orchestra hits everytime an enemy jumps around a corner adds to the experience, we're doing to have to disagree.

Completed in on casual in about 6 hours. What a ride. Though I'll have to say, I think the first half is better then the second half with
the set peices sorta of dissapearing, and the enemie volume being cranked up a shit ton. Also the final boss has nothing on Dead Space 1's final boss
Overall loved it though. Great job Visceral!!!!

The End

So, because no one has update gameFAQs yet:

Dead Space 1 save unlocks the original plasma cutter

Dead Space: Ignition save unlocks the hacker suit

Dead Space (iPhone) save unlocks a free power node and ????

Does an Extraction save unlock anything? I fully intend to play through it eventually, but is it worthwhile to boot it up before diving into DS2?

shwimpy

Getting my ass handed to me on Zealot and loving every second of it. =D However, I liked it better when Issac kept his yapper shut.

I've just realised that codecow is on the Xbox Spotlight page. Famous or what :)

By the way - is the DS1 plasma cutter unlock purely cosmetic, or is it characteristically different to the DS2 version?

My replica plasma cutter does not light up at all. I don't know if it needs batteries or what, but I pull the trigger and it doesn't light up.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
lastinline said:
My replica plasma cutter does not light up at all. I don't know if it needs batteries or what, but I pull the trigger and it doesn't light up.

It takes 2 AAA batteries. Door is in the handle.

Facism

supremely annoying, play.com has been 'packaging' my copy for a day and a half :/ If they don't ship it tomorrow i won't get it till next week.

why'd i order it online

For those who have beaten it, any tips on weapons choice? I'm really tempted to just run through this with the ol' plasma cutter as I did in the first one. Playing on Zealot too btw.

JoeBoy101

Just started on the PC and holy shit at on so many levels.

Got to Chapter 2 so far, and the whole Apartment setting with everyone running around is goddamn brilliant. Very nicely done. Graphics are leaps and bounds better than the first, especially the texture work, and the controls are much more responsive. M+Kb plays just fine now as opposed to sluggish in the first DS.

Hope the game keeps playing this good. Though i do have one complaint. One it comes to saving people so far, Isaac is always coming up... just a tad late. Reminds me of this:

The Bishop!!

Spookie

Square Triangle said:
For those who have beaten it, any tips on weapons choice?

Spoilering it because people might not want to know the weapons.

Upgraded ripper saves so much on ammo, line gun for the kids, spear gun for the explosive rounds and intense damage and last weapon take your pick.

Regarding one of the last chapters before the end:
Did anyone else... err 'miss' with the eye poke machine and truly freak out? I have a HUGE phobia of needles and almost couldn't finish after the second time I fucked up.

Despera

Banned
Square Triangle said:
For those who have beaten it, any tips on weapons choice? I'm really tempted to just run through this with the ol' plasma cutter as I did in the first one. Playing on Zealot too btw.
Haven't beaten it yet (10th chapter), but I highly recommend the Detonator. Extremely satisfying when used against
Stalkers

And of course, Plasma Cutter is mandatory.

btw, I've noticed something strange.
More Marker pieces are appearing in the main menu every time I launch the game, and more text in that strange language as well.

Fucking cripes, "Decrypting" on Steam takes forever. What the hell is with that? I've been dying to play and after a 12 hour day I just want to kick it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
PC:

deadspace2%202011-01-25%2013-36-01-47.jpg

deadspace2%202011-01-25%2017-51-06-85.jpg

deadspace2%202011-01-25%2015-44-43-28.jpg

JudgeN

LM4sure said:
This looks so much better than on the PS3. Damn, I should have gotten the pc version!

While it does the PS3 version is fantastic, glad to give visceral games my money for their hard work.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So with no Severed or Extraction on PC, it looks very likely I'll be getting this on PS3. So should I get it on the triple, triple-buffering be damned, or make a stand? Not like it would make a difference.

Draft

PC version looks great, but ya'll didn't get mad free stuff like I did!

BTW, the little toy plasma cutter sucks! It doesn't work! And yes, I did put batteries in.

ruxtpin

Banned
I got a PS3 code for Ignition and an unused Dr Pepper cap, just looking for a Rivet Gun code for the PS3. Anyone to trade PM me. Thanks

Top Bottom