• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Cruzader

Banned
WTF the Extraction game has to be installed onto your hdd and you need the disc when you want to play it?

Wow I hate that shit. Like I'd rather them give us a code to redeem.

_tetsuo_ said:
1 hit kills all around on Zealot :D

I found stomping easier in DS2.

So...two or three shots to a leg. Then run up and stomp three times.

I'm assuming ammo is gonna be scarce ontop of the necros hitting like trucks.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Everything I've fought (regular necros) take only 3 shots. 2 to legs, 1 takes off an arm and they are done. If they hit me though it's lights out lol

bigdaddygamebot said:
I found stomping easier in DS2.

So...two or three shots to a leg. Then run up and stomp three times.

I'm assuming ammo is gonna be scarce ontop of the necros hitting like trucks.
Glad to hear that melee is actually viable. In Dead Space 1 meleeing was worthless *stomps on presumably dead necromorph, which proceeds to jump and and eat my face*.

shwimpy

Extraction is a lot better than I thought it would be. My only complaint is not being able to change the big ass reticule. =/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Are any of the the suits available for download worth the price?

I can remember getting a suit for the first game and it helped quite a bit.

Well, UPS rescheduled my shipment delivery. Kinda figured that would happen, UPS being a terrible shipping service and all. Never had a problem with Amazon stuff shipped via FedEx, but there's always some kind of hassle with UPS.

RedSwirl

What's the difficulty compared to Dead Space? I found hard mode in that game too easy so is Survivalist in DS2 a good start?

thatbox

Banned
Can anyone tell me if they added additional analog stick customizations? I wasn't able to make the axes work like I needed in the first game and I'm curious to see if I'd have better luck with the controls this time around.

Truelize said:
Are any of the the suits available for download worth the price?

I can remember getting a suit for the first game and it helped quite a bit.
Yeah im curious if the paid dlc is worth it. Like will it be content that unlocks after beating the game, if so Ill pass.

Arrrg! UPS has been so slow for me lately. I have Amazon Prime too which really makes it frustrating when you don't get the service you pay for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do we know if there are any plot elements from Extraction carried through to 2? I liked some of those characters.

Jo-El

Eel O'Brian said:
Well, UPS rescheduled my shipment delivery. Kinda figured that would happen, UPS being a terrible shipping service and all. Never had a problem with Amazon stuff shipped via FedEx, but there's always some kind of hassle with UPS.
Oddly enough, I have problems with FedEx all the time and never with UPS.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So what are these packs that got released in the PSN update? Are they sort of like "time saver" packs like in racing games? Also, that Extraction demo is HUGE! Does DS2 comes with the whole game, or does it come with a code so the full game can be unlocked? I want to know so I can start downloading that demo or not.

Olivero

And here we go! Fucking loved the intro. So well done. Just picked up my first true weapon. Lighting is already phenomenal.

I turned the music off, anyone else doing this?

Pancho

Qurupancho
Olivero said:
And here we go! Fucking loved the intro. So well done. Just picked up my first true weapon. Lighting is already phenomenal.

I turned the music off, anyone else doing this?

DS with music turned off is the only way that it should be played.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck fuck fuck

I hate/love this game

My problem is... I can tell every time I'm about to have a jump scare... I will stare down the corridor and tell myself it's coming... Then I slowly go down the corridor and BAM! I am launched from my chair in fright argh

I see the setup, I anticipate it but they get me every time arggggghhhhhh

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bebpo said:
On the PS3 version it says CONNECTING at the start and nothing happens for me :(

Disconnect from PSN then... They're just connecting to the EA servers for online pass crap

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The game is absolutely fantastic so far. I just hit Chapter 6 after about 3.5 hours. I've loved every part, especially the intro. I laughed out loud when (chapter 5 spoiler)
I got the 'Clever Girls' Trophy. I said the same thing to myself throughout that fight. Even the noises they made reminded me of Jurassic Park.

Dead

well not really...yet
Damn, those suits look awesome. EA gonna nickel and dime me to death for those suit DLCs and im lovin it :(

Is there any significant difference between the Xbox and PS3 versions?

I'll probably get the PS3 version because of the single disc but I've been burned by multi platform games before.

EDIT: Just looked on the previous page nevermind.

X26

Banned
RedSwirl said:
What's the difficulty compared to Dead Space? I found hard mode in that game too easy so is Survivalist in DS2 a good start?

I've died a ton sofar in survivalist, but I might just suck

see5harp

Cruzader said:
WTF the Extraction game has to be installed onto your hdd and you need the disc when you want to play it?

I think they did it that way to prevent the issue of game sharing, resale of the codes, as well as the lack of optimization on the blu-ray. It sorta pisses me off too though.

kiun

ArcticDonkey said:
Is there any significant difference between the Xbox and PS3 versions?

I'll probably get the PS3 version because of the single disc but I've been burned by multi platform games before.

EDIT: Just looked on the previous page nevermind.

So far this is what I know:

PS3: single disc. DTS support (can someone confirm this), includes Extraction on disc, Ser Issac bonus armor is not a code, but playing the game online unlocks the armor for the PS3 version of DA2

X360: two discs. Ser Issac bonus armor in code form, works for X360 and PC version of DA2. additional multiplayer DLCs (Dr. Pepper promo)

Anything else I'm missing ?

Pancho

Qurupancho
betweenthewheels said:
Why would anyone do this? The horror is crafted and music is a big contributor to that.

IMO, music takes away from the game. It gives away the scares for me and takes me out of the game. Much better with the music turned off and all you hear is your footsteps and the emptiness of the room. And of course, the necros crawling around nearby vents :p

Ah, nevermind, Extraction will never come to XBL seeing the download size is over 3GB! :(

Cruzader said:

That sucks. It's odd that you need the disc to play it.

$15 for Extraction ain't bad though. It's cheaper than the Wii version!

Top Bottom