• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Grisby

Just got done playing three hours of Dead Space 2. Great, great game. I stopped right after the disc change on ch6. Played a little multi on that and got up to lvl5. By the way, its fun but I don't think there too much depth to it. But damn, like the main game it looks good.

So far the two creepiest things for me have been:
1) Right after the intro your in a elevator and Nicole comes out of the corner. Just unsettling.
2) One of those alarm clocks went off in an apartment somewhere and scared the crap out of me.

Anyone know what chapter we get the schematic for the Advanced or Vintage Suit? I don't wanna accidentally miss it or anything.

I bought all the suit DLC, but I haven't actually used it because I wanna go through my first game "pure", so I have no idea if it's just a reskin of multiple suits or they're like... new designs.

Hacker Suit was pretty cool though. Right now I'm running around in the Security Suit. I didn't like the helmet for it initially, but I'm fond of it.

Game is so sweet so far. While I haven't died a lot, I'm finding myself in a lot more desperate situations then in the first game... my RIG is almost always yellow or red, and I'm just barely escaping from scraps. Very thrilling.

Also, those fucking Stalkers suck. And in Chapter 7
That AI is a total bitch. I'm fairly sure she got some sick pleasure out of screwing with me.

DigiMish

Damn, I really wish I didn't buy the Collector's Edition of the game.

The gun is allright, in the end - just a cheap piece of plastic. Funny, not like I pictured it any different.

The Lithograph is just a useless picture. I could have printed one myself anytime. It's not even on glossy paper or anything... very clever term... LITHOGRAPH... give a cookie to whatever marketing bloke came up with that one.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BruceLeeRoy said:
Is this out on PC already?
deadspace22011-01-2600aq04.jpg

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Just played a little past Ch. 2 and I can tell it's going to be a great game.

A couple questions:

Did I miss the hacker rig? I'm at the part
Where you get off an elevator in the apartments and hear a baby crying in one of the apartments
in Ch. 2.

What brightness setting would you all recommend? I'm on a Sammy LCD.

hermit7

DigiMish said:
Damn, I really wish I didn't buy the Collector's Edition of the game.

The gun is allright, in the end - just a cheap piece of plastic. Funny, not like I pictured it any different.

The Lithograph is just a useless picture. I could have printed one myself anytime. It's not even on glossy paper or anything... very clever term... LITHOGRAPH... give a cookie to whatever marketing bloke came up with that one.

I cancelled mine for that reason. As much as I love Dead Space, it is just a few bits of useless junk I will look at and admire for a few minutes and toss aside.

Saved 20 dollars as well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been excited about this at all, but just recently, seeing screenshots in this game and thinking back to DS1, I can't help feel some nerd-chills.

Grisby

Has anyone else tried any multi? After every game it says the connection is lost and I get booted back to the title screen. No big deal as I hit quick match and join right up and the lag is fine, etc.

Just seems like I can't stay in the lobby after a game.

Stallion Free said:
Oh yeah, why the fuck aren't the chapters named like they were in Dead Space 1?

Yeah, very strange they didn't do it this time, but maybe it's because they wanted to go for the whole 'seemless' thing, though they could've put a sub-title under the chapter name.

Strider2K99 said:
Chapter

Much appreciated!

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Anyone know what chapter we get the schematic for the Advanced or Vintage Suit? I don't wanna accidentally miss it or anything.

I bought all the suit DLC, but I haven't actually used it because I wanna go through my first game "pure", so I have no idea if it's just a reskin of multiple suits or they're like... new designs.

Hacker Suit was pretty cool though. Right now I'm running around in the Security Suit. I didn't like the helmet for it initially, but I'm fond of it.

Game is so sweet so far. While I haven't died a lot, I'm finding myself in a lot more desperate situations then in the first game... my RIG is almost always yellow or red, and I'm just barely escaping from scraps. Very thrilling.

If you're interested in knowing what all the dlc does, I found this on the gamespot forum

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadspace2workingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57927298&pid=975303

Also, if you could, would you mind posting pics of the different armors when you get around to using them (the pics I linked to aren't very good)? I'm thinking about spend the $20 psn card on the dlc but I want to know what they look like before I pull the trigger.

MARTIAL LAW PACK:

EarthGov Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/T9FxH.jpg
EarthGov Security Suit (increases damage 5% for detonator, Seeker Rifle, Pulse Rifle)
EarthGov Pulse Rifle (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
EarthGov Seeker Rifle (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)
EarthGov Detonator (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)

Bloody Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/7lJIK.jpg
Bloody Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Flamethrower, Javelin Gun, Force Gun)
Bloody Flamethrower (increases damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
Bloody Javelin Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)
Bloody Force Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, firing speed 5%)

SUPER NOVA PACK:

Forged Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/mIff6.jpg
Forged Engineering Suit (15% medpack bonus)
Forged Plasma Cutter (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)
Forged Line Gun (increases firing speed 5%, alt-fire damage 10%)
Forged Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases alt-fire damage 10%)

Heavy-Duty Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/mGuG4.jpg
Heavy-Duty Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Line Gun, Detonator, Contact Beam)
Heavy-Duty Line Gun (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)
Heavy-Duty Contact Beam (primary fire charge reduced by 0.1 seconds, damage increase 5%)
Heavy-Duty Detonator (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)

Agility Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/wvtxP.jpg
Agility Advanced Suit (10% increases to Stasis duration)
Agility Rivet Gun (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Plasma Cutter (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Pulse Rifle (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)

OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD PACK:

Hazard Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/7UokW.jpg
Hazard Suit (5% increase to Stasis duration
Hazard Line Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)

Triage Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/LtIfa.jpg
Triage Suit (10% medpack bonus)
Triage Javelin Gun (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)

Shockpoint Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/bM5qz.jpg
Shockpoint Suit (decreases Stasis recharge 5%)
Shockpoint Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases reload speed 5%)

-------------------

Sorry for the shoddy pictures - my iPhone can only do too much.

These were taken from my Limited Edition guide. It doesn't provide info on the armor or inventory directly, though if you look in the actual packs, you'll see them (except the Hazard pack) labeled as Engineering, Security, Vintage or Advanced Suit.

Engineering Suits - 10 Inventory Slots, 5% Armor
Security Suits - 15 Inventory Slots, 10% Armor
Vintage Suits - 20 Inventory Slots, 15% Armor
Advanced Suits - 25 Inventory Slots, 20% Armor

Just played some rounds with Gekall, no matter who you play with this MP is intense, but he was my tutorial.

As in, EA, you should have made a fucking tutorial to MP so ppl aren't lost!

fna84 said:
How's the multiplayer?

Is it sort of like Left4Dead?

Sort of yeah

razgriz417 said:
If you're interested in knowing what all the dlc does, I found this on the gamespot forum

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadspace2workingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57927298&pid=975303

Also, if you could, would you mind posting pics of the different armors when you get around to using them (the pics I linked to aren't very good)? I'm thinking about spend the $20 psn card on the dlc but I want to know what they look like before I pull the trigger.

I can't make any promises, but if I get a camera, I'll try. From those pictures, most of them seem to just be re-skins with altered suit stats, which is actually a little disappointing... cost me like 15 bucks for all of them. I had quite a bit in my wallet, so it's no big deal, but disappointing nonetheless. But perhaps I'll be more impressed in-game. Most of the suits for DS1 were re-skins too (Obsidian, Scorpion, Tank Suit), so I'm not too surprised. I do hope down the line they'll make some suits that vary in design instead of just colour, similar to how the Hacker Suit is a DLC suit that is completely different looking from any other in-game suit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, if you haven't played Dead Space 1, but are interested in getting this game, go play DS1 first. You will appreciate a number of things so much more with that background.

stupei

Kimosabae said:
just saw the gt review.

never played the first but i want this game.

Play that one first. This one really is a step up and when you're finished you're going to want more Dead Space. Don't cheat yourself out of taking it all in with the proper order.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I can't make any promises, but if I get a camera, I'll try. From those pictures, most of them seem to just be re-skins with altered suit stats, which is actually a little disappointing... cost me like 15 bucks for all of them. I had quite a bit in my wallet, so it's no big deal, but disappointing nonetheless. But perhaps I'll be more impressed in-game. Most of the suits for DS1 were re-skins too (Obsidian, Scorpion, Tank Suit), so I'm not too surprised. I do hope down the line they'll make some suits that vary in design instead of just colour, similar to how the Hacker Suit is a DLC suit that is completely different looking from any other in-game suit.

Yea that's what I was afraid of, maybe I'll pass for now on the dlc, at least for the first play-through. Thanks tho

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm so happy I found out that the standard PS3 SKU comes with Extraction.

This is seriously one of the best gaming deals since The Orange Box. Two amazing games in one package...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Duki said:
how does the pc version play

any game breaking bugs or shitty controls or anything
I played it from start to finish without hitting any bugs. People have said mouse and keyboard is much improved and I can say from personal experience that there are no issues with the wired 360 pad.

pahamrick

Just as a quick head's up, anyone with the PC version and an ATI card won't be able to force AA through the CCC as it looks like ATI disabled it a few app profiles ago.

Supposedly using the Darksiders profile allows you to force the AA, though you lose Crossfire.

lupin23rd

Haven't gone through a lot of this thread yet, but anyone running across any glitches where something is supposed to happen (ie. ambush) but it doesn't?

Noticed it in 3 places so far:

Chapter 2 -
In the TST room before the train station, power goes out and I guess you are suppose to be ambushed, but I wasn't and basically waited 5 minutes before the power just came back on and I could continue

Also Chapter 2 -
After killing some enemies while upside down at the end of the chapter, it took 5 minutes of nothing happening to cause Isaac to invert so I could kill the final enemy in the train

Chapter 3 -
There's a room early on that has locked doors and a save point and store, I kill the first 4 or 5 of those "baby" things and I guess more are supposed to come out, but they never do (despite it sounding like I'm being swarmed by them the closer I get to the locked door)

I've enjoyed what I've played so far but this is a pretty awful bug. Seen one other guy mention it on gamefaqs but so far no remedy. I might jump back in later and see what happens on a reload.

UFRA

Wow, super cool how this came with Dead Space Extraction.

Finally a Move game where I can use the Move AND the Nav controller. :D I'm excited.

UFRA said:

Finally a Move game where I can use the Move AND the Nav controller. :D I'm excited.

Not to derail, I bought a NavCon for RE5 and it works nicely. The controls are weird at first and you'd think Capcom would have just ported the RE4 Wii set up but no. It's Capcom afterall. Move RE5 is beautiful with aiming though ;)

Vis work on a move enabled DS2 patch damn it.

AcciDante

Beat it. Liked it a lot more than the first, which I never even finished. Gameplay was solid, story was interesting enough to keep my attention, but I'm not a huge fan of the fiction anyways. Maybe it's because I finished Amnesia last night, but I didn't find any part of this game scary/freaky.

UFRA

Square Triangle said:
Not to derail, I bought a NavCon for RE5 and it works nicely. The controls are weird at first and you'd think Capcom would have just ported the RE4 Wii set up but no. It's Capcom afterall. Move RE5 is beautiful with aiming though ;)

Vis work on a move enabled DS2 patch damn it.

Yeah I had RE5 but sold it some time before Move came out. I regret doing this since I'm sure it would have been fun to play with Move. Oh well, now I at least have DSE. :)

Despera

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Chapter
I have the Vintage suit now and I'm on Chapter
. Pretty sure I got it in Chapter
. Not sure about the Advanced suit though, could be the one you're talking about here.

lupin23rd said:
Haven't gone through a lot of this thread yet, but anyone running across any glitches where something is supposed to happen (ie. ambush) but it doesn't?

Noticed it in 3 places so far:

Chapter 2 -
In the TST room before the train station, power goes out and I guess you are suppose to be ambushed, but I wasn't and basically waited 5 minutes before the power just came back on and I could continue

Also Chapter 2 -
After killing some enemies while upside down at the end of the chapter, it took 5 minutes of nothing happening to cause Isaac to invert so I could kill the final enemy in the train

Chapter 3 -
There's a room early on that has locked doors and a save point and store, I kill the first 4 or 5 of those "baby" things and I guess more are supposed to come out, but they never do (despite it sounding like I'm being swarmed by them the closer I get to the locked door)

I've enjoyed what I've played so far but this is a pretty awful bug. Seen one other guy mention it on gamefaqs but so far no remedy. I might jump back in later and see what happens on a reload.
I lost one of my weapons when I respawned. Had to reload my save to get it back. But that's the only bug I've encountered.

UFRA said:

Wait you can use the nunchuk in this i thought it was just a light gun game. Sweet mag was the first game i used my nav con on and i aint went back.

Carnby

i have spent 1 hour on the game and i am already on chapter 3. wow. this game must be shorter than the first, or there are twice as many chapters.

Top Bottom