• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

hermit7

I have arrived on Chapter 3. Just have to say looking at some of the necromorphs, and I am in awe of the detail.
The huge thing in chapter 2 looks fantastic, I loved seeing arms and heads strewn about
Lovely attention to detail.

I fucking hate the pack though, even though they are one shotted they are a huge pain in the ass.

JoeBoy101

MarshMellow96 said:
I love how the health bar is sort of 'holographic' now. So good.

This and the Interface, like your inventory, has depth. For example, breaking up your inventory and then rotate so your viewing at an extra angle from the side. You'll notice your weapon hotkeys will not be flat on the same plane but come out at an angle, making the interface slightly 3-D.

hermit7 said:
I fucking hate the pack though, even though they are one shotted they are a huge pain in the ass.

They are unsettling because of their sounds. Pulse rifle does them good though. I hate these:

5--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Swarmer

Lucentto

Banned
Fucking piece of shit. Damn game froze in Chapter 13 were I had to go through a horde of enemies without saves, picked up an audio log and it froze the game. Playing on a 60GB PS3.

JambiBum

JoeBoy101 said:
This and the Interface, like your inventory, has depth. For example, breaking up your inventory and then rotate so your viewing at an extra angle from the side. You'll notice your weapon hotkeys will not be flat on the same plane but come out at an angle, making the interface slightly 3-D.

They are unsettling because of their sounds. Pulse rifle does them good though. I hate these:

5--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Swarmer
Stasis + stomping for those damn things

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hngghh, in 1hour and 32minutes I'll know if the game is unlocked the 27th or the 28th.

want

play

gaem

Haeleos

What's the best way to help a pounced teammate in multiplayer? I keep TKing people by accident trying to get them off.

I too was a bit wary of the new 'stomp to loot' mechanic, but not anymore because:

-you can stomp repeatedly really quickly
-what happens when you keep doing that

K' Dash said:
Man, I don't even notice when I change chapters, I'm too tense to notice, lol.
I totally agree. This is so refreshing and truly feels like one long, massive struggle for Isaac. All I can say is I want to read Dead Space Salvage t further expand my knowledge of this crazy and awesome universe. What a game. Some of the environment designs are really awesome. Specifically the likes of the
church of unitology!

Sadist said:
Wait GT actually thinks this game would benefit from co-op?

smh

They said turning the sound off turned the game into a joke also. It was totally a 'oh look at this, it's really funny awkward-friend not really' moment.

My girlfriend said that the review sounded really negative, to which I replied 'it'll get a 9-something'. Lo and behold..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Olivero said:
Major spoiler. Do not look unless you are beyond Chapter 9.
HOLY FUCK AT SEEING THE ISHIMURA AGAIN
Cont. Chapter 9 spoilers:

I had just finished Dead Space 1 again last week so everything was fresh in my mind and holy shit it was eerie. I love how you revisited multiple levels all in one seamless trip.

hermit7

CosmicGroinPull said:
I too was a bit wary of the new 'stomp to loot' mechanic, but not anymore because:

I just stomp stomp on everything. Turn them all into basket cases so the flying bat things can't turn them.

(Thing I learned from DS1)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just beat it, took 9 hours on normal. Great game, really well paced and fun throughout. Disappointed that there were absolutely no cool boss fights at all in the game though, the final baddy was pretty weak sauce.

I'll probably do a new game+ play through soon, though I full upgraded my cutter, rig, stasis and line gun so I'll just be goofing around with the other weapons.

Sadist said:
Wait GT actually thinks this game would benefit from co-op?

smh
Dude, didn't you know? Every game should be measured against the same standardized checklist of features, and .1 points should be deducted for every bullet point not met. That's just how it works. If you don't like it go find another generation to play in!

stupei

CosmicGroinPull said:

The plan is frequently "two to the legs, run up and stomp." But sometimes I go a little overboard and stomp about four or five times until he's almost a puddle. It's a great way to relieve the tension, as creepy as that sounds.

And yeah, Pulse Rifle is good on the Pack, but also pretty good on the Swarmers -- assuming you see them from far enough away.

But a question: is the most recent comic book already out as a trade? Anyone know?

stupei said:
The plan is frequently "two to the legs, run up and stomp." But sometimes I go a little overboard and stomp about four or five times until he's almost a puddle. It's a great way to relieve the tension, as creepy as that sounds.

DON'T STOP AT FOUR OR FIVE, KEEP STOMPING. YOU'LL GET A NICE SURPRISE :D :D

Wiggum2007

Stallion Free said:
Chapter 4 or 5. It's in the chapter before the demo level IIRC. I would remember better IF CHAPTERS HAD SOME NAMES.

Thanks! It's cool that the levels are all seamless now but part of me misses the trams, they were always a nice breather. :lol

B-Dex

So when i played the Dead Space 2 Demo it created a new EA Account for me for some reason without even asking me for a password and when I emailed EA Support to ask them to switch Dead Space and Mass Effect 2 over to my EA Account with all of my other games they say they can't.

So how can they create a new EA Account without me signing up for one? Without asking me for a password? And now they won't help me make sure all of my games are under my main account.

Really not impressed.

GuessWho

haven't really been following this thread but how's the difficulty this time? Do I have to crank it back to hard again? Or does normal hit the sweet spot?

Flib

GuessWho said:
haven't really been following this thread but how's the difficulty this time? Do I have to crank it back to hard again? Or does normal hit the sweet spot?

I played through the original on consoles on normal, and got my ass kicked a lot (even though I realize it's not that hard). Playing through the PC version on normal, and I'm just absolutely wrecking shit, and might bump the difficulty up. Could be because I'm much better at shooters with keyboard + mouse.

wow.... I reached Chapter 3 and just found out that little pretty boxes with 4 dots lights can be smashed for items and ammo -_-"

I'm so pissed off at myself now.... I Platinumed the first DS for god sake how could I didn't notice this earlier?

wasted so many :(

Max

I am not Max
The Praiseworthy said:
wow.... I reached Chapter 3 and just found out that little pretty boxes with 4 dots lights can be smashed for items and ammo -_-"

I'm so pissed off at myself now.... I Platinumed the first DS for god sake how could I didn't notice this earlier?

wasted so many :(
Not a big deal unless you're playing Zealot

scitek

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Dude, didn't you know? Every game should be measured against the same standardized checklist of features, and .1 points should be deducted for every bullet point not met. That's just how it works. If you don't like it go find another generation to play in!

I really hope this is sarcasm because time travel, while recently standardized, is still prohibitively expensive for most consumers.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Is it just me or is the Force Gun kinda shitty now? It was my close range bread and butter in DS1, knock-em down and then a shot to the crotch would take off both legs. Now it takes forever to finish something off with it, aside from the knock-down it's almost worthless.

Max

I am not Max
I wonder if I set the difficulty to hard core in the settings on new game+ i'll still be able to get the unlock.

MisterAnderson said:
So how is the PC version? Any bullshit I need to be aware of or is the port good?
sogood.gif

Sadist

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Heh

The GT review was pretty poor alltogether, but that pissed me off the most.

scitek said:
I really hope this is sarcasm because time travel, while recently standardized, is still prohibitively expensive for most consumers.
Actually, you'd be surprised at how cheap you can get a rig that supports time travel these days if you look for deals on individual parts and just build it yourself. Too bad the linear chronology fanboys are holding back the glorious time traveler master race.

Rhino

Anyone else having some serious issues with the loading of this game when you die?

If I choose to reload checkpoint or if I die sometimes the game never reloads and I have to manually go back to the xbox guide then reload completely and if it does load I lose a weapon in my bottom slot?

WTF EA?!

grim0451

Neo Member
Rhino said:
Anyone else having some serious issues with the loading of this game when you die?

If I choose to reload checkpoint or if I die sometimes the game never reloads and I have to manually go back to the xbox guide then reload completely and if it does load I lose a weapon in my bottom slot?

WTF EA?!

I had that problem as I was trying to reload after getting stuck in an area where none of the doors would open.

JoeBoy101

To whomever at Visceral who designed the Elementary School area...

Fuck you.

Fuck you hard.
With a metal cattle prod.
That's defective.
And rusty.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh god i have the conundrum of getting this for either 360 or Ps3. I have DS 1 on 360 and like consistency on my series purchases. But ps3 gots that free game and shit. How is Extraction on the PS3 using a Dual Shock?

Draft

Spire said:
Is it just me or is the Force Gun kinda shitty now? It was my close range bread and butter in DS1, knock-em down and then a shot to the crotch would take off both legs. Now it takes forever to finish something off with it, aside from the knock-down it's almost worthless.
I was just playing around with the Zealot Force Gun and it is a BASTARD. If it doesn't finish them off in one hit, it usually blasts a limb off and you can TK it right back where it came from.

Also, I'm playing this on the third hardest difficulty, the one described as appropriate for Dead Space vets, and YIKES, game is pretty tough. I've died quite a bit. The challenge is appreciated.

~Kinggi~ said:
Oh god i have the conundrum of getting this for either 360 or Ps3. I have DS 1 on 360 and like consistency on my series purchases. But ps3 gots that free game and shit. How is Extraction on the PS3 using a Dual Shock?

I had the exact same dilemma. After playing Extraction with the dual shock I decided to wait and just buy it on psn if I ever do get a move.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
While this game is amazing overall, I do have one complaint near the endgame.

During chapter 14, an invincible (I think?) enemy shows up. He's accompanied in a series of rooms with at least 3-4 black/powered up necromorphs in each room. This isn't scary, it's just annoying.

Other than that, game is ace thus far.

Top Bottom