• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Shouta

It's funny but the most used weapon for me ended up being the Line gun with the width upgrades. In most cases, it would sever the legs of any necros very easily and a timed second shot would take their arms for the kill. If I already had killed one, I'd take the legs of an approaching one then take the arm off another impale it with the arm. Saved me a lot of ammo throughout the game. it worked wonderfully against the raptors especially if you positioned yourself with your back against a wall and gave them only one or two paths to you. if more than one came running at you, the line gun would take both their legs out.

LiK

Shouta said:
It's funny but the most used weapon for me ended up being the Line gun with the width upgrades. In most cases, it would sever the legs of any necros very easily and a timed second shot would take their arms for the kill. If I already had killed one, I'd take the legs of an approaching one then take the arm off another impale it with the arm. Saved me a lot of ammo throughout the game. it worked wonderfully against the raptors especially if you positioned yourself with your back against a wall and gave them only one or two paths to you. if more than one came running at you, the line gun would take both their legs out.

Line gun is great, one of my main weapons in DS1 so i had to stick with it in DS2.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
a176 said:
ishimura
was the worst part of the game

Really? I loved how
absolutely nothing attacks you for about the first third of the ship. I was so nervous that something was about to pop out at me the first time I played that chapter that I went through the entire ship at a snail's pace. I liked that the game played against my expectations for that small portion at least.

LiK

luxarific said:
Really? I loved how
absolutely nothing attacks you for about the first third of the ship. I was so nervous that something was about to pop out at me the first time I played that chapter that I went through the entire ship at a snail's pace. I liked that the game played against my expectations for that small portion at least.

it was a wonderful
treat for DS1 fans like myself. revisiting some old sections and seeing it treated as some crime scene was really neat. and seeing that damn spinning thing again brought back a lot of memories. oh yea, the decontamination chamber was hilarious cuz of our previous experiences with it in DS1.
it was really great.

Replicant

Okay, The Final Weapons Quartet. I want to maximize their nodes prior to the last few chapters.

I'm thinking of taking:

1. Plasma Cutter (obviously)
2. Zealot Force Gun (the strongest weapon I have atm)
3. Line Gun (I like its effectiveness but ammo are scarce and expensive so not sure yet)
4. ???

Opinions? Good idea? Bad idea?

LiK

Replicant said:
Okay, The Final Weapons Quartet. I want to maximize their nodes prior to the last few chapters.

I'm thinking of taking:

3. Line Gun (I like its effectiveness but ammo are scarce and expensive so not sure yet)
4. ???

Contact Beam. *Bzzzzzzz...POW*

Replicant said:

I'm thinking of taking:

4. ???

Contact Beam. It's ridiculously strong, and while it's hard to use before you upgrade its charge speed, it does its full damage right from the start (and its alt-fire is actually very handy on groups).

Not only that, but the Contact Beam's ammo sells for a lot of money, which helps bring in the cash later in the game/

luxarific said:
Really? I loved how

Same here...completely fucked me up.

And the first time you enter
the decontamination room and...nothing happens.

What a mind-fuck.

Replicant

Hmm, Contact Beam sounds like it'd be my definite 3rd choice after Plasma Cutter and Zealot Force Gun. I actually have Hacker Contact Beam, which is stronger than the normal one so it'd be good if I bring that. So....that leaves Line Gun....how effective is it against the final boss?

Ishimura first few minutes stressed me out. It's creepy seeing those hallways again but this time it's empty.

ajim

bigdaddygamebot said:
Same here...completely fucked me up.

And the first time you enter
the decontamination room and...nothing happens.

What a mind-fuck.

haha yeah, same here. destroyed my soul. i was waiting and waiting... but nothing. pretty sure that whole place gave me a few grey hairs.

Balphon

Replicant said:
Yeah, I have the Zealot suit (which I also upgrade incrementally) and from time to time I frowned and wondered why the stasis bar is completely full without me recharging it. Now, I know. Thx!

It will also continue to recharge while you're in a cutscene where you can't move Isaac. It's a nice touch.

My PS3 copy just arrived from Amazon. I booted up Extraction first and I'm surprised to say that I really enjoy it. I don't have a move controller but it's still playable. The story bits and the mood are all there, visuals are just a bit lacking. That little dip into sub-HD gamerdom made the first bits of Dead Space 2 all the more face melting. The game looks and feels amazing.

Wasn't really that hyped for the game ahead of launch but I've been converted.

So...at the end of the game.

When Isaac and Ellie are in the ship and Isaac looks around, looks freaked out for a second and the music turns scary and Ellie says, "What?"

So...what does all that mean?

Got my zealot achievement finally.

44 of 50 achievements.

6 to go.

1 of them being hardcore of which I will be tackling next.

bigdaddygamebot said:

When Isaac and Ellie are in the ship and Isaac looks around, looks freaked out for a second and the music turns scary and Ellie says, "What?"

It's a nod to anybody who played and finished the first game.
ADDITIONAL INFO:

In the first game, Isaac gets onto the ship, has his nice "whew" moment, and then the camera shows us the passenger seat and the screaming evil Nicole is there for one last scare. in this one, they're playing it up in the same exact way, except when he looks over, nothing's there. Ellie is saying "... what?" because she would have no idea what Isaac (or the player) was expecting there.

Kinyou said:
Not a weird complaint at all.
For example, I was kind of disappointed how Issac just shrugged the pain off, after jumping from the Solar Arrays. Just letting him need to take a rest for a second or scream in pain would have made it better I guess. The way it was displayed it looked like doing this is actually a common way to get down there.
I like it much more when Issac is a victim of his environment, like during the Gunship fight in which he was just constantly flipped and smashed around

Yeah, I totally agree. A lot of it was how nonchalant he was about everything like that. Really made it seem like he just does that kind of thing all the time. Like you said, letting him rest or, you know, maybe injure something once in a while would have made him seem less superhuman.

luxarific said:
Basically sums up why I loved the ending after you
beat the final boss, but before Ellie shows up (although I loved that bit too). He looked like he had had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
. A really authentic moment, for want of a better word.

Yeah, I did like that moment, and I'd have liked to see more of that kind of thing. However, it is of course followed up with another
rocketeer moment
which goes against all that again ;) I did generally enjoy the ending sequence overall, though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
bigdaddygamebot said:

Got my zealot achievement finally.

44 of 50 achievements.

6 to go.

1 of them being hardcore of which I will be tackling next.
Did you play Dead Space 1?
That ending scene is a joke reference to the ending of the first game, when Isaac looks over and is attacked by Necro-Nicole.

BeeDog

I forgot; do you get the free Hacker Contact Beam right from the get-go, or did you need to find a schematic for it? If so, where was it?

Dave1988

BeeDog said:
I forgot; do you get the free Hacker Contact Beam right from the get-go, or did you need to find a schematic for it? If so, where was it?

It's in the 4th Conduit Room in chapter 9.

Replicant

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What is the Zealot Force Gun?
A much superior version of the Force Gun. I remember being frustrated with the Force Gun in DS1 because it seems to just push enemies away from you. This one, however, blows Necros apart regardless of where you shoot them. It'd be even more badass once you upgrade it and can deal pretty much one-hit kill on certain enemies.

ajim

RoboPlato said:
Did you play Dead Space 1?
That ending scene is a joke reference to the ending of the first game, when Isaac looks over and is attacked by Necro-Nicole.
Yea, so fucking good.

BeeDog

Just finished my Zealot run. During this run, I took notes of various things before my Hard Core run, and I'm going to post them here as well. I hope someone might find these reminders/hints useful. :)

(MAJOR spoilers from now on)

General hints:

- The best loadout in my opinion is plasma cutter, force gun, ripper and contact beam. Don't waste credits on anything else (EXCEPT for maybe the detonator).
- First, upgrade the stasis completely as fast as possible, then the RIG health. Afterwards, update the weapons above after your preference.
- Do not be afraid of using your stasis! It's easy to forget its usefulness in the heat of battle.
- Conserve ammo by using necro claws and environmental stuff.

Chapter 1:

- When the fire extinguishers kick in, run back in front of the fire and wait the monsters out. (3 of them)
- When the fire gate closes, just stand against it and kill the four enemies
- In the triage/stasis room, STASIS the enemy, otherwise he'll most likely kill you immediately!
- At the save point where you get your suit for the first time, don't forget the preying enemy on the floor.

Chapter 2:

- When possible, stock up on ammo as much as possible, since the train sequence at the end will chew through it!
- After Stross calls you across, a fast monster will climb over the balcony. Use stasis!
- After the two humans run off, a spitter will emerge from their apartment. After leaving the apartment, a necro will drop down.
- In the room with the baby-tumbler, 6 necros will ambush you. Hug the locked door, but beware, one spitter and one leaper will drop down VERY close.
- After the crawling lady dies, a necro will jump out through one of the apt. doors. Also, in the next room (with the repeating commercial), a necro will lie down in front of it. TK throw something on it, and it will stand up. A leaper will also then appear.
- When arriving at the tram, dismember the corpses since a "spawner" will emerge from the wagon. Also, a necro will ambush you from behind.
- After activating the train, one necro will spawn at the far end, and two will enter through the window immediately to the right (incl. one spitter).
- When boostflying, stick to the left to avoid the doors. After reaching the other wagon, a bomber will spawn, shoot him immediately. When going to the door, a necro will climb in from the open door behind you.
- Don't shoot while sliding, since no enemy will hit you.
- While hanging, pray you have enough cutter ammo. Beware of the necros from the left side.

Chapter 3:

- When exiting to the shopping hall, run to the shop at the other end and wait out the children there.
- When entering the recruitment center, wait for the enemies to spawn, then shoot out the window at the end. After the room is sealed, 4 children will spawn behind you.
- During the power outage, don't worry; only one necro will jump out of a vent.
- When reaching the Unitology apts., one lying necro and two swarms will try to ambush you, which can drain your health fast.
- Before entering the big killroom, drag corpses toward you and stomp them to avoid resurrections. Some spitters and two ressus will enter, and two bombers as well.
- When entering the end of the chapter, bolt for the door and the gunship will miss you.

Chapter 4:

- Pretty straight-forward. The raptor room, after the door is busted, aim toward the end of the hall which will trigger the raptors. Then hug the broken door, wait for them to come one and one and impale them with the TK ammo next by. Use the raptor body parts for the rest if needed to conserve ammo.
- In the basilica, two necros and TONS of sprawlers will arrive. Be careful of the small ones, they can hurt a lot. Use the force gun if available. One necro is faking in front of the elevator too, impale him.

Chapter 5:

- Straightforward, but when you get to the store/save point where you have to move the cryo tanks to proceed, stock up on health and ammo since the cathedral fight is coming soon enough.
- After chasing off the big necro, back up and let the children swarm up towards you.
- After the cathedral, a necro will jump into the elevator.

Chapter 6:

- A decent save point might be right before entering the big killroom.
- At the far end of the room, a fatso will spawn so retrace to where you came from. After he's dead, two leapers will enter the room so make use of your stasis. When you go into the room, a second fatso will spawn behind you (from where you came). After he's dead, another two fast ones will arrive from the middle of the room. When they're dead and you're about to exit the killroom, a third fatso will spawn near the windows.
- The fire/oxygen room has 3-4 crates, make sure to find them. After the fire/oxygen room, two baby-spitters will show up. Impale them with debris.
- When replacing the power cell, a spitter will appear inside the elevator.
- In the raptor/crate room, go to the right and approach the blood stain to make the raptors spawn. As soon as you hear them, backtrace immediately to the entrance (which they can't pass). Re-enter the room slowly and draw them out one by one and kill them off (use stasis!). Beware of raptors coming from the right; if you hear the charge scream but can't see the raptor, re-enter the entry room to ward them off. When the music stops, they're dead.
- In the Ellie room, a leaper will crawl up from the balcony in front of you so beware.
- On the court, after passing underneath the stands, a black spitter will jump down so impale him. After hacking the stage, tons of children will appear so if you have the contact beam, use the alt-fire to finish them all fast. Otherwise, try to plant traps with the Detonator.
- In the large room, use the stasis canister on the brute and try to flank it to hit its weak spot behind its back. Otherwise, stay the hell away from it; after ripping off one arm, try to use its own bombs on it.
- After the laser trap, a wallmonster will be around the left corner. Try to use an explosive canister on it to finish it off quickly.

Chapter 7:

- After the elevator ride, walk forward a couple of steps until the music kicks in. A leaper and a crawling spitter will spawn behind the pylon in the middle of the room. After fixing the elevator, another leaper will appear on the walkway.
- Before taking the elevator ride is a GOOD time to save!
- The elevator ride is perhaps the hardest part in the game. BE WELL PREPARED WITH TONS OF HEALTH PACKS and a good weapon.
- After the yellow security beams, a crawling necro will greet you in the open room. Afterwards, run into the MIDDLE of the room, let the yellow beams activate, then wait until a necro triggers the explosion. Then aim toward the pressure button to seal the room before dying. Exploding babies will then swarm you so beware (hug the pressure door). After hacking the panel, a leaper will jump down in the middle of the room (use the stasis canister on him). After he's dead, two regular necros will enter the room so beware.
- When the air is sucked out of the hall, beware; two raptors (one crawling) will be in the room. If you enter the left side-passage, the crawling one will be right in front of you. The running one will charge at you from the end of the room, so use stasis.
- The left mainframe room will have a black necro jumping forth after one wall panel is pulled off. The right one will have the floorcrawlers.
- After the mainframe is opened, one black necro and a regular one will greet you when you crawl back. After blowing one fuse, one regular necro will charge you. Same when the fourth fuse is blown.
- The room after the mainframe contains mines and 4 spiders, so watch out.
- The walkway afterwards is very dangerous; if you walk forward a bit a black necro will charge you so stay back near the door. Two-three wallbabies will also show up, coupled with a leaper. When approaching the power node door near the end, another leaper will climb up onto the walkway so make sure you have stasis.
- When arriving at the solar array, kill the spewer before collecting any item crates. Use stasis!
- BASE jump: right, left, left, right (through the opening), straight ahead (through the pipe), straight ahead (through the tunnel), right.
- After the BASE jump, if you haven't used a save yet, USE IT NOW! Also, stock up on tons of ammo because the next section is very hard.
- Rest against the door that Ellie is hacking and keep the enemies at bay.

Chapter 8:

- In the room with the holographic projection, use a power node to enter the side room and put your back against the locked door inside. 4 necros will jump in in front of you (2 black ones), so dispatch them.
- In the next room, a fatso will await you around the corner. Also, a necro will jump down from behind afterwards.
- The room with the heavy machinery (after meeting Ellie) is hard; do NOT go and wait near the work bench since a spitter will ambush you from behind and chew through your health. It's better to try and trigger the script and find a corner far away from the vents.
- The zero gravity area is generally dangerous, so take it slowly and watch out for the environmental hazards and the wallbabies (which do a lot of damage). In the wind turbine (with the missile necro), strafe sideways while using stasis and blowing up the yellow balls.

Chapter 9:

- After meeting up with Ellie and Stross, go out on the walkway. Walk forward until you hear a vent breaking, then run back and hug the door you just came from. A leaper will show up (use stasis!) then a regular necro will climb over the railing. After they're dispatched, two additional leapers will run towards you from the end of the walkway.
- After the little elevator ride/talk with Nicole, a necro will jump through the very first vent around the corner so beware.
- After killing the exploding babies, open the next door and just wait out the spitter (try using its own vomit attack on it).
- After the elevator ride (just after the first splitter), a black necro will ambush you from a roof vent on the right. WATCH OUT for the bomber, as he might kill you immediately if you're not careful. My recommendation is RUN ahead toward the next door and turn right and wait out the bomber there (since killing it may also kill the black one at the same time).
- Taking the elevator after the wallnecro is dangerous; a regular necro will ambush you right when the elevator reaches the floor, and a bomber + a fatso + a necro will arrive fast around the corner. Just stand still in the elevator and take it back down if needed.
- After repairing the release mechanism, two black necros will ambush you. Just find a corner to hug and wait for them.
- After the raptors and the corridor with the mines, STOCK up on stasis packs for the upcoming battle. (health doesn't hurt either)
- Try shooting off one of the big creature's arms before stasis'ing it and throwing canisters. It will ease the battle a bit.

Chapter 10:

- A good point to save might be in the control room overlooking the tram station (not long before the kill tunnel).
- When the brute jumps forth, stasis it and shoot off one of its arms immediately. Then use TK to throw back its bombs to conserve ammo.
- When the second brute starts to charge, run backwards as much as possible before engaging him. This ensures that all the necros that will pour in afterwards will only hit you from the front. A fatso will wait for you further ahead, so use a stasis canister on it.
- When reaching the store, STOCK UP ON TONS OF HEALTH AND AMMO.
- The first decontamination process is harmless, so don't worry.
- The long corridor after the decontamination room is dangerous. Open the door then await the two-three necros (one spitter, one crawler and one wallbaby I think). Turn left, and a black necro will charge you (so stasis!). Further down, a fatso will wait. After killing those two, turn around and await the onslaught of various necros (black spitter, crawling raptor, necro etc.). After going to the other end, a crawling raptor will appear, kill it and turn around to kill the necro that tries to ambush you. A wallbaby will also appear again. Going further down, a fatso and a wallbaby will wait for you around the corner, kill them. While going further down, a crawling spitter will show up, then a regular necro from in front and an ambushing black necro from behind. When you backtrack through this corridor, no necros will appear.
- The second decontamination cycle is dangerous, since children will first swarm, then spitters and black necros. For the children, if you have the Ripper it will help A LOT. For the necros and spitters, the force gun might do the trick. No real corner in this room is safe, so move when needed, though when the children swarm, hugging the wall to the immediate left after entering the room should help out.
- A black necro will be faking in front of the elevator after the decontamination fight.
- In the old regenerator room, be careful; the bombers can kill you immediately. A recommendation is to run into the room, trigger the script, then run back to the previous hall and see if some necros managed to follow you. Then retrace slowly and clean out the leftovers. Do note that 4 necros will ambush you from behind after hacking the door (one bomber, one black spitter, one black necro and one regular necro).
- When you reach the big room with the electricity surge, a wallbaby will climb over the railing; stasis it and stomp the shit out of it. Black leapers will appear in this room, so make sure you filled up your stasis beforehand. Leave the electricity running as long as possible since some necros will suicide in it.
- When reaching the store/save area at the old start of the medical wing, use it for your second save if you haven't already.
- The zero-gravity tunnel with the red wallbabies is not that dangerous, but stay in thrust mode and dodge their attacks. Make sure to find the power node that's floating around.
- The bridge can be dangerous, but use the lacking pathfinding of the enemy to lure them to the door and kill them off one by one.

Chapter 11:

- In the downward slope area, enter the room, go to the right-hand lane, walk forward to trigger the script then back up and hug the wall to wait for the 2 black raptors. Afterwards, take the right lane and bolt to the end (where the TK spears are) and wait for the additional 2 raptors and the exploding babies.
- In the ruined room afterwards, shoot out the glowing wallbox over the chasm for a power node (TK).
- In the big mine room after the save point, a wallbaby will climb over the railing. If you take the path down, a black necro will try to ambush you from behind (then a black spitter will show up in front of you and a wallbaby on the walkway above). Tons of wallbabies will swarm when you're on the lower level, so hang around the stasis refiller and blast them away (one or two black spitters will show up too). Note that more wallbabies will spawn as soon as you TK the power box from its locker. Additionally, tons of enemies will spawn when you put it in the socket, including a bomber, several exploding babies, and a black necro (front) and black spitter (back) when you climb the ramp again. Two black necros will try to ambush you from behind when you take the upper walkway toward the unlocked door, so it might be a good idea to move the exploding canisters closer even before plugging the power box in.
- In the mine tunnel (where Stross and Ellie are), don't forget the Diamond semiconductor that's hidden on top of a pylon.
- In the big zero-gravity/vacuum area, there's a power node far above the left blocking laser. There's also contact energy schematics along the middle tunnel.
- When arriving in the big mine room for the second time, make sure to go to the store and stock up on ammo (ripper/force gun ammo) and health for the inevitable elevator ride (which is hard as hell).
- If you still have your second save unused, the point after Nicole attacks you is AWESOME.
- Stock up on ripper ammo for the drill part.

Chapter 12:

- When using the rail to pass the rift, two black necros will climb over the railing so just stand still in the rail and wait for them. A black spitter will greet you when you go back (TK its vomit back to him).
- When the drill is turning, just stand on the slope and look downwards to kill off the children and the regular necros that survive the spin.
- On top of the drill, the most dangerous thing is the wallbabies that are shooting at you. Use the explosive canisters on them and stasis. I also hope you have a ripper for the necros that climb on board. Make sure to TK grab items along the way, it's helpful.

Chapter 13:

- Destroy the ATM's and vending machines in this corridor for some extra items/cash.
- If you still need to use your second save, use it in the store/save area after the gunship takes off.
- When entering the big killroom after the elevator ride, do NOT shoot the black necro and the spitter that run by; it's a waste of ammo. Afterwards, run to the end of the little corridor opposite the elevator exit, trigger the script and await the onslaught of enemies. The black wallbabies are the most dangerous. It's a good idea to stock up on force gun ammo beforehand, since it's a life-saver here.
- After you open up the gates to kill the security forces, stay inside the locked room and wait for the spawner and two black necros to drop down from a vent.
- In the circular hallway (with a save point in the middle), as soon as you open the left door to progress, stasis the spawner and kill it to make your life easier! Afterwards, just hang around the entrance of this room to kill the 5-6 necros/spitters, shouldn't be too hard.
- In the raptor room, run along the right wall (until the power node) to trigger the script, then run back to the entrance and hug the corner nearby to ward off the raptors.
- The savepoint before the rotating lasers could be alright, but it's preferrable to avoid using the third save here.
- In the laser room, wait for the exploding babies to bunch together with the crawling black spitter before blasting them all. Also, a faking black necro will be beneath the lasers; throw something at him to wake him up and then wait for him to get killed by the lasers.
- After lowering the second bridge part on top of the lasers, run to the left for some loot, but prepare for an ambushing black necro crawling over the railing. When you go towards the door, a regular necro will drop down on you from the vent above.
- The upper floor of the red room is very dangerous; kill the exploding babies with headshots and let them lie as boobytraps. Trigger the script, then run back to the left side of the door and ward off everyone. The most dangerous enemies are the bombers; use them to kill off several necros. For the first downward slope, one black spitter and a regular necro will drop down in front of you. On the second floor, trigger the script and stay near the door you just entered from. The bomber here is the most dangerous enemy. Some regular necros will crawl up from the railings too.
- After crossing the bridge, you'll stumble upon a save/store/workbench point. This can be a pretty good point to save at! Stock up on force gun/contact beam ammo too, along with health packs.

Chapter 14/15:

- The force gun in general is very good in this chapter, so make sure to upgrade it if you haven't already.
- The regenerator won't follow you into the second room (directly after the eye part), but he'll follow you into all other rooms until the zero-gravity/vacuum part.
- The force gun (especially the alt-fire) is a life-saver when it gets too crowded. Fend them off until you manage to enter the zero-gravity part.
- The store/save/workbench room afterwards is the BEST place to use your third save, if applicable. Stock up on as much stuff as possible here, ESPECIALLY force gun ammo. Upgrade the contact beam as much as possible, and stock up on ammo for it for the final boss fight.
- Before walking over to the marker, equip the contact beam. When the boss fight starts, use the primary fire on Nicole, then keep shooting the marker when it opens up. When the dark children get closer, use the alt-fire, then keep shooting Nicole and then the marker.

Dyno

Whoa that is one heck of a write-up BD!

Interesting plot point that I saw one my second playthrough:

Isaac wanted to protect Stross because he knew something about their time in captivity. Unfortunately Stross becomes a homicidal maniac. The thing is Stross tells Isaac what he needs to know via the "Step 1" rhyme so that when he gets to the machine he knows what to do.

It's pretty good writing, I think.

You know what I hate, you can have half your health but if you press B repeatedly to quick-heal you use up all you stocks of health as the meter fills up even though only one medium health pack would fill it up to max (for example).

In the heat of battle you often press repeatedly to make sure the button confirms. Kinda wack if you ask me.

BeeDog said:
Chapter 13:

- The upper floor of the red room is very dangerous; kill the exploding babies with headshots and let them lie as boobytraps. Trigger the script, then run back to the left side of the door and ward off everyone. The most dangerous enemies are the bombers; use them to kill off several necros. For the first downward slope, one black spitter and a regular necro will drop down in front of you. On the second floor, trigger the script and stay near the door you just entered from. The bomber here is the most dangerous enemy. Some regular necros will crawl up from the railings too.
- After crossing the bridge, you'll stumble upon a save/store/workbench point. This can be a pretty good point to save at! Stock up on force gun/contact beam ammo too, along with health packs.

After the shooting the babies you can skip that area all the way up to the brute: LINK.

venom2124

CadetMahoney said:
You know what I hate, you can have half your health but if you press B repeatedly to quick-heal you use up all you stocks of health as the meter fills up even though only one medium health pack would fill it up to max (for example).

In the heat of battle you often press repeatedly to make sure the button confirms. Kinda wack if you ask me.

After the shooting the babies you can skip that area all the way up to the brute: LINK.
Thanks for posting that link. I will definitely use that for my hard core run.

LiK

bigdaddygamebot said:
Oh wow. I totally forgot about that.

Thanks! :)
How did you forget such a great moment? It made people wonder if the sequel would have Isaac when DS2 was announced. :)

BeeDog

CadetMahoney said:

Hah, that's nice, but if you play your cards right, you can get away with more items/ammo than you use fighting all the enemies there anyway, so that's a risk/reward scenario to ponder over.

LiK said:
How did you forget such a great moment? It made people wonder if the sequel would have Isaac when DS2 was announced. :)

Well...I didn't forget it but I definitely didn't connect the dots between the similarities of the endings of both games.

Seriously...after beating Dead Space 2...my brain kindof clicks off. It needs to rest and heal.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Completed this on Zealot this morning. I found the last boss to be super easy.

I played through Zealot on regular and on New Game +.

Zealot on NG+ is definitely easy.

Zealot going in cold...can be a bit of a challenge depending on weapon selection and upgrade decisions.

LiK

bigdaddygamebot said:
I played through Zealot on regular and on New Game +.

Zealot on NG+ is definitely easy.

Zealot going in cold...can be a bit of a challenge depending on weapon selection and upgrade decisions.
My friend played through Zealot cold in first playthrough and it took him 12 hours and he said he was sweating like a mofo, lol.

Numpt3

Hah, don't know if this has been mentioned before but
when you defeat the final boss and ellie contacts you her eye patch is on the wrong eye in the chat vid.
lol.

LiK

m0ngo said:
when you defeat the final boss and ellie contacts you her eye patch is on the wrong eye in the chat vid.
lol.

i wasn't sure if i was seeing things at that time, lol

Salmonax

Wow, why did I wait so long to buy the Ripper? In a single chapter I went from scraping by to absolutely swimming in ammo and health. And as a side note, I also find the Force Gun to be largely useless except against those tiny guys that climb all over you.

Dave1988

m0ngo said:
lol.

Actually, it's not. When you complete the game you can rewatch the cutscene from the log menu. If you watch it from Isaac's side,
Ellie's eyepatch is in the right place. It's only when you rotate the camera so that you are facing Isaac that the image is inverted.

LiK

Dave1988 said:
Actually, it's not. When you complete the game you can rewatch the cutscene from the log menu. If you watch it from Isaac's side,
Ellie's eyepatch is in the right place. It's only when you rotate the camera so that you are facing Isaac that the image is inverted.
Oh yea, forgot the video is reversed from the other side. Thanks.

Numpt3

Dave1988 said:
Oh crap, why didn't I realise that. haha

Replicant

Salmonax said:
Wow, why did I wait so long to buy the Ripper? In a single chapter I went from scraping by to absolutely swimming in ammo and health. And as a side note, I also find the Force Gun to be largely useless except against those tiny guys that climb all over you.

Is the normal Force Gun still as lame as the one on DS1? I don't know since I've only been using the Zealot Force Gun and it's almighty powerful even at the start so I thought the normal one wouldn't be too bad either.

SamuraiX-

Replicant said:
Is the normal Force Gun still as lame as the one on DS1? I don't know since I've only been using the Zealot Force Gun and it's almighty powerful even at the start so I thought the normal one wouldn't be too bad either.

Fuck that noise.

The Force Gun is my favorite weapon in DS1 next to the plasma cutter. So damn awesome if you use it effectively.

It has the best primary fire/alternate fire combo in the game.

Kinyou

Dyno said:
Whoa that is one heck of a write-up BD!

Interesting plot point that I saw one my second playthrough:

Isaac wanted to protect Stross because he knew something about their time in captivity. Unfortunately Stross becomes a homicidal maniac. The thing is Stross tells Isaac what he needs to know via the "Step 1" rhyme so that when he gets to the machine he knows what to do.

It's pretty good writing, I think.
I also liked how all the
visions of Isaac getting a needle rammed in his eye made sense in the end. It's not very common to see something like this pulled through from start until the ending in a videogame

Gribbix

Kinyou said:
I also liked how all the
visions of Isaac getting a needle rammed in his eye made sense in the end. It's not very common to see something like this pulled through from start until the ending in a videogame
Yeah, they did a good job with that. The eye/needle thing is continually foreshadowed from the very start of the game. When you're first escaping from the outbreak and see the video recording of Foster interrogating Stross, Foster comments on how his eye is healing nicely. Shortly after that, you come across this drawing in the patient observation room. This image is also in the same general area, but I'm not sure it necessarily has to do with the eye/needle machine since it is a medical center. Then there is Isaac's mental episode where he tries to stab himself in the eye which is followed by Stross stabbing Ellie's eye out.

G00SE

Neo Member
I'm sure this has been asked but: If I play through on normal will I be able to keep my guns and upgrades for the next run? I know with DS1 you couldn't?

Top Bottom