• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

I am weak. Just bought this after telling myself to wait it out until a deal. I just love Dead Space too much, I had to have it!

Your screenshots didn't help much either. Game looks gorgeous.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I ordered the PC version from Amazon when they offered the $20 credit for pre-ordering. It has been on a truck for 2 days now. Really want to play this.

Plasma Core with a Compressor is the secondary fire from DS2's Force Gun, right? Seems so bad here. The knockback type tip is fine, but the Compressor tip is slow and weak, despite its high dmg rating on the UI.

Jarmel

Banned
Plasma Core with a Compressor is the secondary fire from DS2's Force Gun, right? Seems so bad here. The knockback type tip is fine, but the Compressor tip is slow and weak, despite its high dmg rating on the UI.

The Compressor tip actually takes limbs off compared to the knockback tip which only knocks enemies back.

I play games like Spec Ops: The Line and it makes me feel like I want a deep, rewarding narrative experience in all my games to pull me through.

Then I play something like Dead Space 3 and I'm like "HOLY SHIT, STOP TALKING, I JUST WANT TO PLAY.".
This game is at its lowest when any other human being other than Isaac is on the screen.

This is so true. I think that's part of the reason I liked the first one so much.

Andrew.

Banned
Although I'm only at the end of Chapter 5 amidst that now already infamous scenario, I'll go so far as to say I find DS3 to be the best final installment of any trilogy this gen.

I'm only on Chapter 5 what the fuck am I talking about...

Still...this game, man.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
--

I am enthralled with the game's art design (the two hundred year old ships seem like they were designed in the 1950s in many ways). Dead Space's art direction has always been this unique, beautiful thing, and it's at its best in Dead Space 3. I know my comments don't mean much, but Dead Space art team, but it'd be awesome if someone could convey my love to the art team. After the relatively sterile (sup, Mass Effect) or Aliens-inspired space environments we get so much, Dead Space's little details, like the soda cans, or the cracked paint on the wall, or the phones and 50s-era radar readouts... all that stuff looks fantastic. The macro details are pretty awesome as well. I love how this game looks so much.

Doc. I'm happy to oblige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdTxdcWV85g

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ha. That's awesome, Monkey Pants.

If there was any way for me to call in sick to work tonight, I'd do it. But alas, I'll have to save the world from space zombies tomorrow.

Rokker: go to the downloadable content section on the bench. You can buy resource packs with ration seals. Kinda like the spectre packs in ME3 multiplayer.

Welp, finished it a few hours ago.

I liked it. Was it scary? Not really, but then again the other two weren't exactly nightmare fuel either. I still think it was atmospheric as all hell and I've always enjoyed the series for that.

I felt that the story was serviceable.

Lima

Holy crap the Bolas gun is awesome. I think I found my weapon combo for the rest of the game.

Upgraded Bolas gun and my trusty plasma cutter.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, this game is way easier than before. Playing on Hard mode and aside from a couple of aggravating choke point areas where you get gangbanged, its about easy easy as Normal on DS2

ezekial45

Banned
Damn, they really nerfed the Line Gun in this game. It also makes using a lower tool difficult, so there's not much room for compensation.

Replicant

Is the Tesla gun (Amazon pre order) good? Wondering if I should use it or not

If you have it, why won't you use it? I mean look at this BAMF:

Aec4pqT.jpg

Lima

Fully upgraded the Bolas gun now. Impossible = easy mode

You kill everything in 1 or 2 shots. It is absolutely wonderful for dealing with groups because you can set up traps on the floor with this thing. Crazy. I never thought I could love a weapon more than the force gun but here it is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Up to chapter 9 and really loving this game. I do find the difficulty views odd, I think this has easily been the hardest of them all with the sheer speed the enemies have.

You kill everything in 1 or 2 shots. It is absolutely wonderful for dealing with groups because you can set up traps on the floor with this thing. Crazy. I never thought I could love a weapon more than the force gun but here it is.

Yup, it's awesome :)

Lol, Isaac should stick to his day job. Chapter 7 spoilers:
He's kind of a shitty pilot

Just reached the planet. This must be from out of the frying pan and into the fire, huh? God, I loved the Zero-G sections. I'll never get tired of those, but I suppose I probably won't be seeing another for a good long while (or for the rest of the game). A shame. I don't think I've collected enough parts for any weapon other than one or two hodgepodges I've put together. I've been putting my resources into my suit, but I got a few ration seals. I think I'll purchase those big crate things with 'em.

Whats the spinning saw blade gun called?
The names and what they do are vague for most of the guns.

Played 5hrs last night, shall finish it tonight

Spookie

Been trying to put my finger on what is wrong with this game all day.

I've narrowed it down to:
- Fuck all tension. It's a shooter, a poor one at that too.
- No feeling of immediacy like where you get dragged off by a monster. I just felt like I was plodding along.
- Neutered violence no more eye machine grossing me out.
- Where did all the influence from the markers go? Oh yeah. Co-op. *roll eyes*

Disappointing really. Thank God I got it on the cheap or I'd be fuming.

Lima

Stop throwing all these things at me, my ocd nature is killing me. I had to throw away 5 meds to make room for the stash I just opened at the end of the side mission. I can't carry all this shit.

What does the Bot personality DLC do? Does it make the bot a snarky dick or a lovable Wall-E type?

Stop throwing all these things at me, my ocd nature is killing me. I had to throw away 5 meds to make room for the stash I just opened at the end of the side mission. I can't carry all this shit.

Was that the one in the Mid Station? With
motherfucking Edward and his fucking computer armed explosives?
. I had to do the same. Worth it.

I'm loving this game so far a lot. My only wish is that there were more audio logs so I could move around as I listened to them. The recordings and text have interesting stuff in them. I'm actually pretty intrigued as to what happened to SCAF forces that were here.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Was that the one in the Mid Station? With
motherfucking Edward and his fucking computer armed explosives?
. I had to do the same. Worth it.

That side mission was messed up.
I don't know why I didn't see the twist coming. Felt like an idiot. Of course he was dead.

Can't wait. What chapter do you get it in?

Whats the spinning saw blade gun called?
The names and what they do are vague for most of the guns.

Played 5hrs last night, shall finish it tonight

That would be the Ripper. I don't remember what the specific parts are called though to build it.

How do I use the ration seals in the PC verison?

If I remember correctly, it should tell you the key to access the DLC from the bench. That is where you can either choose to redeem ration seals (10, 30, or 60) or pay with the wallet.

So, I'm chapter 6, and I'm trying to use the Gondola to get to the other side. I board it, it says "Activate?", I click X, and I get this illustration of the gondola, but it's not moving at all.

Am I being really dumb about something, or did my game just glitch on me?

Grisby

So, I'm chapter 6, and I'm trying to use the Gondola to get to the other side. I board it, it says "Activate?", I click X, and I get this illustration of the gondola, but it's not moving at all.

Am I being really dumb about something, or did my game just glitch on me?
Use the d pad instead of the sticks.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Been trying to put my finger on what is wrong with this game all day.

I've narrowed it down to:
- Fuck all tension. It's a shooter, a poor one at that too.
- No feeling of immediacy like where you get dragged off by a monster. I just felt like I was plodding along.
- Neutered violence no more eye machine grossing me out.
- Where did all the influence from the markers go? Oh yeah. Co-op. *roll eyes*

Disappointing really. Thank God I got it on the cheap or I'd be fuming.
To say DS3 is a poor shooter would be calling all the previous iterations the same, so that'd beg the question... Why buy and play it? You complain about scares you've grown accustomed too, when you watch a horror film or any type of film that evokes emotion it's normally not as powerful the next time around. And finally Issac severed the Markers influence in DS2 or were you not present for that last battle? Your complaints don't seem to be well thought out let alone credible...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I really wish you could play classic mode in co-op. I know it would make it not-classic, but it sounds like so much fun.

RoKKeR

Got about an hour and a half past the disc change with my friend today. We're having a BLAST, and I'm absolutely loving the game. The weapon bench and resources are starting to open up, the story is unfolding, new areas are introduced, and overall there is a lot of great stuff happening.

We just finished the
drill segment, and finally received the first co-op exclusive side mission.

I must say, and I know it's been mentioned before, but the environments are absolutely fantastic. The art team nailed it out of the fucking park.

Top Bottom