• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Out of curiosity, are those DLC (and/or preorder) weapons something you can actually craft (or very closely replicate) with the crafting system, or are they completely different?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Been trying to put my finger on what is wrong with this game all day.

I've narrowed it down to:
- Fuck all tension. It's a shooter, a poor one at that too.

This is such a bizarre complaint to me - have you been playing any of the side missions at all? There's one mission that's basically a tribute to The Thing. It's fantastic and
extremely disgusting

In any case, for people who are enjoying the game, I can treat "Progress Saved" as an actual save point right? "Inventory Saved" apparently doesn't do anything re saving your game progress since I've had to repeat sections if I've quit after seeing it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Giant Bomb review is brutal. I'll finish DS2 and that will be it. I haven't finished it yet because I was overwhelmed by how good it is.

Giant Bomb review is brutal. I'll finish DS2 and that will be it. I haven't finished it yet because I was overwhelmed by how good it is.

But... Dead Space 3 is also good.

Also, anyone else think the design for the DS2 (creature spoiler)
Ubermorph is better than whatever variant we see in Chapter 5 of DS3? Unless these Ubermorphs/Hunters evolved out of people, which is possible.

Edit: Oh, they're just called Regenerators.

RoKKeR

lol, it feels like I'm the only one who is actually fine with Chapter 1.
I'm sort of surprised that you are. It was almost insulting to me, lol. Maybe because the Dead Space 2 opening was absolute perfection. DS3's opening just felt out of place, confused, and, well, bad.

Luckily, everything after that becomes incredibly awesome. :D

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
lol, it feels like I'm the only one who is actually fine with Chapter 1.

I certainly didn't hate it. It was a strange way to start the game, but I only bothered killing the humans that got in my way. If they weren't blocking my path, I didn't bother with them. I think that helped make it more enjoyable.

An issue I have with chapter 1, which might have been brought up already:
You leave that city in a pretty fucked state, and so far it hasn't been spoken of again. I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off game taking place there, or story DLC focusing on someone trying to escape.

I'm sort of surprised that you are. It was almost insulting to me, lol. Maybe because the Dead Space 2 opening was absolute perfection. DS3's opening just felt out of place, confused, and, well, bad.

Luckily, everything after that becomes incredibly awesome. :D

I think the art direction and the fact that it's really really short helps. No, it doesn't quite grab you like DS1 and DS2's opening, but it sure is pretty.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Your loss.

Also, anyone else think the design for the DS2 (creature spoiler)
Ubermorph is better than whatever variant we see in Chapter 5 of DS3? Unless these Ubermorphs/Hunters evolved out of people, which is possible.

Edit: Oh, they're just called Regenerators.

I think the DS3 regenerators are just as annoying as the DS2 regenerator (to me anyways). DS2's regenerator does feel tougher than DS3's do though, imho. You did get this sense that an implacable terminator-like enemy was after you in that last run up to the final boss in DS2. In DS3, the regenerators are also annoying and stress-inducing, but since you're just waiting for a tram, I didn't feel as panicked as I did in DS2.

Your loss.

I think the DS3 regenerators are just as annoying as the DS2 regenerator (to me anyways). DS2's regenerator does feel tougher than DS3's do though, imho. You did get this sense that an implacable terminator-like enemy was after you in that last run up to the final boss in DS2. In DS3, the regenerators are also annoying and stress-inducing, but since you're just waiting for a tram, I didn't feel as panicked as I did in DS2.

Yeah, I suppose. I think DS1 did this enemy the best:
Cause the Hunter chased you for the whole game, popping up when you least expected it, and the only way to kill him was near the end with the shuttle engines. That dude was fucking terrifying. The DS2 Ubermorph wasn't as scary, but he felt a hell of a lot more tense dealing with him cause he feels more, as you said, Terminator-esque. Wicked alien design as well. The Regenerators in DS3 made me feel tense, but not as tense as in DS2, but then again, a lot more was on the line as he only appeared near the end and close to the climax, while we're still just starting out in DS3.

KorrZ

Force Gun top/Shotgun lower is absolutely wrecking everything in the early parts of the game.

Also, I found it hilarious that (Chapter 3)
Isaac is now the one telling people to shoot the limbs

def sim

I'll be okay with this spoiler. Does the beginning of DS3 start off with
Isaac being helpless and running away from something/s again?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Do all the logs/artifacts/circuits carry over into New Game+? I'm rather surprised by how much I'm missing considering my nature is to explore everything.

Playing this more co-op with various different friend that got it and they too are having a good time. Some of you guys might not be enjoying this but so far everyone I know personally is having fun. I think people on the fence should still at least rent it.

1337Sauce

Is there any purpose to doing the optional missions besides the extra little story bits that you get out of them? I did the first one that I just came across in Chapter 4 (Greely?) and didn't really recieve anything that proved to be worth the time. I'll probably complete them all anyways since I'm sure there must atleast be an achievement, but I was wondering if there was anything else attached to them at all.

JJD

Is that what causes it? I've been trying to figure out how to unglitch it, but I can't get it back to normal.

Yeah, it seems that if you save and quit your game and immediately enter the Weapons Arena, fires a few shots, save and quit again and enter your game once more you're glitched.

So far it seems there's no way to get back to normal.

It's unbelievable how such a big and easy to replicate glitch got past QA. I hope Visceral do something about it.

I'm seriously thinking of deleting my game and starting again, but I already have played for almost 10 hours. It's just not fun playing like that the first time you're playing the game.

Trophy and achievement hunters on the other hand are going to be ecstatic...

Impossible and Hardcore are going to be a walk in the park for anyone that uses this exploit.

JJD

If you liked 2 that much I sincerely can't see how you're not going to enjoy this one.

I'm playing it solo.

JJD

You pretty much have infinite ammo in the game by default anyway considering how everything you kill drops ammo or health packs.

You're playing on normal right?

Anyway, regardless of how many items the game normally drops a glitch like this is still a big fuck up IMO.

I think I'm going to delete my game, take a couple days from DS3 and come back later when a patch is up. I want to mess around with the Weapon Arena to find the better weapons for the higher difficulties without this glitch.

I was anticipating DS3 so much... =(

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm watching someone stream this on Twitch. They're using a machine gun and just going full auto on one of the enemies attached to the wall. Running up to melee slashers. Dying over and over on normal difficulty.

I think this is why there are microtransaction options.

Just came across a pad that
boosted my stasis and kinects
How much longer in the game left? Kind of want to go to bed but at the same time I want to see the ending and finish it
up.

Clarification: Just
used one to open the door to the "city"/machine.

Just came across a pad that
boosted my stasis and kinects
How much longer in the game left? Kind of want to go to bed but at the same time I want to see the ending and finish it
up.

Clarification: Just
used one to open the door to the "city"/machine.

I'd say 90 minutes-2 hours to be safe. Game is long. My final time was 13:30 in normal mode with all single player side missions.

PerZona

Why does the mobs this time in this game drop so many health packs? More than half of my inventory are health packs lol.

Anyway I'm at the ice planet now but so far the game isn't as scary as DS1 and 2, quite disappointed tbh. Gameplay is pretty much the same though, awesome.

Moff

yep, game is definitely too easy, I play on hard and I am literally drowning in ammo and health packs. even withhout crafing them. I gave my fusion cutter some damage upgrades and it obliterates all enemies with a maximum of 2 shots. sometimes I take off 2 legs with 1 shot and they die. there is definitely something wrong with this game's balance.

you can also go back and replay old levels and after that continue the story from where you were, which allows very easy farming of ammo and health packs (and playing side missions if you are as dumb as me and missed them)

Replicant

you can also go back and replay old levels and after that continue the story from where you were, which allows very easy farming of ammo and health packs (and playing side missions if you are as dumb as me and missed them)

Can you explain how this works? Wouldn't replaying older levels rewrites the existing save?

Tacitus_

I think they give you the great craftable mods a bit too soon. They weren't found in the environment until maybe the last few hours, but I had my plasma cutter with 4 +2dmg, +2clip mods around the mid of the game. Would have kitted out all of my gear by then if I had used the ration seals.

FuKuy

PC users, is friends list working for you?

When I click on it, i suppose that Origin in-game overlay should appear, but although is activated on origin settings, nothing appears.

Top Bottom