• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |OT| Day One, there's no but. So says Mr. Stewart.

Persona7

Banned
[10.29.13] Now available on Windows PC (PC OT) with all PS3 DLC included via Steam and GOG.
Known PS3 ver. glitch
Fishing Rod disappearance bug - It seems that an item necessary to complete a sidequest has a tendency to disappear from the inventory, making it impossible to complete that particular quest as the item cannot be obtained by other means. This item is not required to finish the story, you only need it if you want to complete the game 100% and obtain the Platinum trophy. To avoid the problem do the quest in one sitting without saving until you finish the quest.

2ek7LHD.png

These puppies are making me go to another town in the boondocks again.

dJkFPVZ.png

• Platform : PLAYSTATION 3 / WINDOWS
• Release : EU April 26 2013 / NA April 30 2013 / PC October 29 2013
• Price : $24.99
• FK : In the coffee
• Developer : Access Games / TOYBOX inc.
• Genre : Third person open world psychological horror
• Title Credit : LeadenStride

tm5Ljbp.png

Playing as special agent Francis York Morgan (call him York – everyone else does), it’s your job to investigate the brutal murder of a young local beauty in the town of Greenvale. Amidst the backdrop of soaring mountains and a small American suburb, York must solve the mystery of the Red Seed Murders and stay alive in a place where supernatural creatures and a mysterious raincoat-clad, axe-wielding killer seek to end his investigation for good.

Part suspense-filled horror, part action-adventure game, Deadly Premonition offers an open-world experience packed with locals to meet and places to discover, as well as numerous side quests and mini-games that will help you solve the murders and uncover Greenvale’s deepest, darkest secrets.

jCRwkS3.png

• Reworked control system allowing a smoother experience and the ability to remap control actions.
• Playstation Move Support
• Extended story cutscenes and brand new game scenarios including a new prologue,epilogue and branching ending written by Swery.
• Complete graphical overhaul including re-drawn textures, improved lighting and upgraded character models.
• New tweaked single difficulty that lies somewhere in between the original easy and normal.
• Full Stereoscopic 3D support.
• New in-game digital camera, players can take photos as they play.
• Additional downloadable content exclusive to the PS3 version, including new costumes for York and the residents of Greenvale as well as usable items to aid your investigation. Pre-order content will be available on PSN at a later date.
• 30 day free trial of Playstation Plus in first run of European copies

B2tBI4i.png

c4EDQdS.png

1zQMAMV.png

DypB4VF.png

4wnblt4.png

Te2CtIC.png

i5eOZux.png

• Destructoid
• Gamespot
• IGN
• Metro
• Game Informer
• GamesRadar

That graphical overhaul makes me sad, wasn't expecting Crysis 3 textures but was hoping for a noticeable improvement and AA. Still, will be getting this. Want to see the new content and I barely did any of the side quests on the 360 version.

kazebyaka

Banned
I need to replay this flawed masterpiece. The story is one of the best of this gen. Gameplay is one of the worst, though. Still great game.
FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg

Alright, I guess I'll buy it again. Flawed masterpiece? More like an unpolished gem and still quite a brilliant one at that...the X360 version is an all-time classic for me. Not sure just how much polish was done to the game, but I strongly recommend to anyone that is playing for the first time to approach the game as a newly-localized and unreleased Japanese adventure game (with combat) from last generation (XBOX/GameCube/PS2). Helps ease the transition into an experience with an arguably more clunky feel than most big games of this generation. The experience of the world and characters is so totally good once you let your AAA production values defensiveness go away.

Did they ever confirm if they got all the same voice acting talent for the same characters in the new content?

Corto

I have this pre-ordered and have almost zero knowledge of the game, besides some people that I value their opinion here giving it great reviews, but always adding some big caveats. I'm excited to see won which camp do I fall in the end. The haters or the lovers.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I wonder if they'll update the cereal box art in the stores. Will SuperGreatFriend do another tour de force?

how long is this game? is it worth $39.99 + tax = $45?

and why is it M for mature? the little i saw of the game seemd like T at max.

Drencrom

Can't believe they actually bothered making it 3D and Move compatible

Should've called it the tripping balls edition

There's some considerably strong gore at moments, It's very much an M game by ERSB standards.

And it's a 20 hour game I'd say, and that's with only doing a few of the side quests. Still bummed it's coming out at 40 dollars given the 360 release launched at 20 but it's worth it in terms of time/value. Whether you think the actual gameplay contained within is worth that length is another question.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

In the original game (not counting the Director's Cut) the main story was about 20 hours long, with doing all the side-quest adding another 15-20. I think it is, but keep in mind that the game is a somewhat flawed game, but wonderful experience (though this DC is supposed to have improvements).

Definitely deserves the M rating. It's hard to go into it without spoilers, but the game has some fairly gorey scenes, including one of my favorite death scenes in any video game ever. It also has a bit of nudity. I actually don't recall it having any swearing, come to think of it...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DAMN... I'm probably going to end up buying this again. That trailer made me hyped.

I never finished it on 360. Maybe if they fixed the messy controls and combat I finally will.

I'm having horrible thoughts of the original game's aiming system on a move controller. I hope so much that they fixed it and made the aiming like RE4/5/6 in terms of sensitivity.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I really enjoyed what I played of this on the 360 before it died on me. I'll probably grab this version at some point in the future, but my April game cash has been spent and then some.

Maybe May is when I'll snag it.

AleeN634

Awesome, can't wait to pick it up next week.

Hoping Giantbomb does a Vinny-Jeff and Brad-Ryan (in honor of the Endurance Runs) quick look at the changes.

Man I feel ripped off paying $40 for this when the original launched at $20.

It's one of my top 3 games this generation though. I'm jealous of all of you who get to experience it for the first time. It's an amazing ride.

Du2andal

Banned
PSN Digital day one? Hell yes! I have been waiting for a reason to use that $10 credit they sent me and this game should have been $30 anyway. Double the price for an improved re-release is all kinds of crazy.

I'm curious to see what the Metacritic for this game ends up looking like. The 360 version is sitting at 68, but that was before the cult following really started. I now hear people on podcasts talking about how they need to play it because people they've talked to have been raving about it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm curious to see what the Metacritic for this game ends up looking like. The 360 version is sitting at 68, but that was before the cult following really started. I now hear people on podcasts talking about how they need to play it because people they've talked to have been raving about it.

Come to think of it, I'm curious too. I also wonder if it'll offset its current Guinness Book of World Records holding of the title, "Most Polarizing Horror Game."

It had started to build a cult following very quickly after release, IMO. The reviews from major outlets was super-slow to happen, though I seriously doubt that anyone is looking to MC to decide whether to buy this game or not...it's a known quantity. The only question is how the differences of this version stack up to the original. I have a feeling that the performance problems of the original RSP Japanese PS3 release are going to persist here, unfortunately, but that's more of a hunch.

In honor of Koopakiller's original thread:
getitoff.jpg

Top Bottom