• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Shattered Space |OT| Is that the Great Serpent or are you just happy to see me?

Fess

Finished!

Took me 19 hours, haven’t done all side quests but most I think.

I liked it a lot, felt like a return to classic Bethesda. The hand crafted structure was great. Really liked the dam research area, the design is on point. And loved the end area, looked amazing with all the plants and flowers combined with high tech surfaces. Superb! 👌

But this planet, in general, wasn’t really my thing. Tried to look for some other biomes with more nature but it’s all kinda stoney. Was fairly good for the car though, I drove to all the outside areas.

I started with a level 28 wakizashi space samurai, made it easy in some ways but really challenging in other ways. Regular zealots was just chop chop dead. Phantoms were more challenging since they teleport, still okay. Vortex horror fights were lenghty ordeals of circling and slashing and jumping away in panic. Near the end I swapped to regular fire power, can’t remember the name of the gun now but the laser sight is a square of dots and it randomly fling out explosive shots. Found it is some loot chest. Very very verrry good gun! Would’ve probably been easy peasy to play through the whole expansion with that.

Missed opportunity…
…to not have a big ass Vortex Horror boss fight. I thought they would do that. There were the smaller white ones and the bigger dark ones, would’ve been perfect to have an overgrown specimen at the end, merged together with Anasko or something like that.

I kinda want to replay to see if some choices truly matter, I never went back to reload so lots of failed persuation attempts.

Like…
Can you convince the brothers not to fight? I failed the persuation and it ended with tranquilizer in the drinks, did it on both so no injuries, yet.

And…
What happens if you unleash the Sepent’s Crusade? Will it pull phantoms into the base game?

Anyhow, this was truly great for me. I’ve been fine with MC 85 for the base game. I’ll go with 9/10 on Shattered Space. Bit higher because I enjoy the hand crafted locations. It’s still not Skyrim in space but it’s something else and I like it a ton. And I want more of this! Hoping for more expansions with isolated worlds. They should keep a small team for expansions, I want a Hello Games ”our journey continues” strategy for Starfield.

Last edited:
Top Bottom