• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Shattered Space |OT| Is that the Great Serpent or are you just happy to see me?

Topher

Gold Member
You can play tons of hours in Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim without seeing many loading screens. You will see more of them in Starfield because they broke the game in lots of different planets where to explore them all you need to go back to orbit and land again, entering and exiting the spaceships, there are plenty of cases where you will face a loading screen that should just not be there.

This seems naive from Bethesda as they were designing a fundamentally different game and did not adapt their tech to this aspect.

Yeah, but he is right in that the loading screens in the older games last a lot longer than Starfield. The loading screens that "shouldn't be there" are typically in situations where you enter a shop or something like that which is clearly a holdover from the older games, but instead of 30 seconds, we are talking about two or three.

But yes, Bethesda should have adapted their technology because there was really no need for this, but it is what it is.

Fess

Man I can't believe some people here are defending the atrocious loading times lol, I have a fast computer abd they are fast, this doesn't change the fact that those loading screens shouldn't be there on the first place on a fucking next gen game
Exaggerate in an OT where people are actually playing the game and you’re obviously getting called out on it. Try exaggerate a complaint in the Astro Bot or Wukong OT and see how that goes.

Look at the Spider-Man 2 comparison I posted, Starfield loads as fast but instead of an animation with net swinging Starfield just do a simple fade out > black screen > fade in sequence during the same time. Not the best design for sure, could’ve hidden it with an open door/hatch sequence. But you’re not going to spend half your time looking at loading screens…

Top Bottom