• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |OT| Day One, there's no but. So says Mr. Stewart.

Amazon says shipping in 1 to 2 months :eek:

I called and the lady said to call back at 1PM and if they don't get the shipment today then 1PM tomorrow. She said the shipment is incoming from late last night.

I just called and was told it wasn't out until tomorrow. Go figure that the release of Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut is an oddity in that it doesn't release on a Tuesday.

Just called another nearby Gamestop that I didn't reserve the game at, and I was told that the game wasn't even in their system. Da fuk..

Persona7

Banned
I called another gamestop and the dude said the computer has a expected delivery in two weeks...lol.

Walmart said friday. Target does not have it in the system.

I called another gamestop and the dude said the computer has a expected delivery in two weeks...lol.

Walmart said friday. Target does not have it in the system.

Yeah, I called a third Gamestop and the lady there said "Surely it will be here by Friday." She didn't sound confident about that.

Levito

Banned
The local EB games here didn't get any in, and said they MIGHT get them in this week.

Did they forget to ship this game or something?

Persona7

Banned
The local EB games here didn't get any in, and said they MIGHT get them in this week.

Did they forget to ship this game or something?
Yeah, this is weird. The GS/EB employees can tell if a shipment is coming in so at least we have that information.

Does anyone know if the online stock tracker updates multiple times a day or just once a day? Check that too if you are looking for the game.

Just got a response on Twitter from the PR guy for the Director's Cut. He said his local Gamestop in Somewhere, California will have the game in stock tomorrow.

OMG this game is sold out everywhere! Panic mode!

Ok, they actually didn't get their shipment yet, but...PANIC.

Seriously though, was looking forward to playing this again tonight. Sold my 360 version when I sold my 360.
edit: and I want a physical copy.

This is up on PSN. 11.1 GB

OMG this game is sold out everywhere! Panic mode!

Ok, they actually didn't get their shipment yet, but...PANIC.

Seriously though, was looking forward to playing this again tonight. Sold my 360 version when I sold my 360.
edit: and I want a physical copy.

I've been onboard the digital bandwagon since 2004 on PC, but I can't ever see myself doing the same for consoles, unless physical copies stop existing. Doesn't feel right, man.

And I feel your pain. I was really hoping to get started on the DC tonight.

Persona7

Banned
Oh well , at least I have Fatal Frame. It was not in todays shipment , but it will be tomorrow. Maybe. They get shipments around 11-12 shortly after opening.

Another reply from the Director's Cut PR guy:

David Premonition ‏@DavidBruno:
"YW. I am almost certain that you'll see it arrive this week. Possibly before Friday. If not, please let me know."

Alfredo

Had it pre-ordered at Amazon and Gamestop. Canceled on Amazon yesterday 'cause of no release-day delivery. Called Gamestop today, and they said they were getting it in tomorrow.

Currently downloading on PSN. I am too impatient. Will lend my physical copy to a friend once I get that. :)

TripleSun

I'm too lazy to drive to GameStop and I'm bogged down with finals/papers so waiting until May 2nd for the game isn't a big deal for me.

nOoblet16

Got the Director's Cut today, never played it before because of some fuck ups related to Live's DRM due to which I was unable to play the digital version (used to stop download at 99% everytime) I bought on 360 as I wasn't living in the region my XBL account belonged to (it never made a difference for any other game) and then a couple of weeks later when I did get the region changed to UK I was still unable to play the game, for some bizarre reason.

Anyways the game looks like ass, and it runs even worse. I think this is the only game that I've played this gen that actually hurts my eyes. The gameplay sucks ass and driving is painful (more so because of the car engine's noise). But there's something different about the setting and plot. Whatever it is, I hope it's worth it and more than just "Ah it's amazing because it's horrible in every imaginable way", because otherwise I'm not sitting through this horrid gameplay and eye sore.

Dantis

My rental copy should arrive tomorrow. Rented the 360 version and thought it was awful, but giving it another go based upon the GAF consensus.

Got the Director's Cut today, never played it before because of some fuck ups related to Live's DRM due to which I was unable to play the digital version (used to stop download at 99% everytime) I bought on 360 as I wasn't living in the region my XBL account belonged to (it never made a difference for any other game) and then a couple of weeks later when I did get the region changed to UK I was still unable to play the game, for some bizarre reason.

Anyways the game looks like ass, and it runs even worse. I think this is the only game that I've played this gen that actually hurts my eyes. The gameplay sucks ass and driving is painful (more so because of the car engine's noise). But there's something different about the setting and plot. Whatever it is, I hope it's worth it and more than just "Ah it's amazing because it's horrible in every imaginable way", because otherwise I'm not sitting through this horrid gameplay and eye sore.
This does not fill me with hope.

what the hell's going on with the shipment of this game, amazon still hasn't processed my order

ive got my finger hovering over the checkout button on psn

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
The game was perfect in every way, no need to buy the new edition

what the hell's going on with the shipment of this game, amazon still hasn't processed my order

ive got my finger hovering over the checkout button on psn

Go with digital if you really want to play now. I've received answers from Gamestop and the PR representative for the game ranging from "Tomorrow", "Hopefully by Friday", and "This game isn't in our system." Hopefully the physical copies are out there ASAP.

Same thing happened with the release of Pandoras Tower the other week. Today was the ship day. See it in some stores tomorrow and onward.

SmithnCo

Got a little past the prolouge and besides the first red room with the oddly choppy framerate it's been pretty good. The textures seem noticeably better. Framerate's been generally okay for me even while driving, though I tend not to notice it too much.

Persona7

Banned
That's odd, I'm a Prime member but didn't get that option. Oh we'll, not like I'd have time to play tomorrow.

I think if you live close to a distribution cener it will do that randomly.

Anyone* get a call or text message from gamesop today to pick it up tomorrow?

Alfredo

Okay, everyone's been talking about the worse framerate, but what about the improved framerate?!

The map/inventory screen runs at 60 FPS (for the most part) now! It's way more responsive.

Here's a video I recorded as evidence:
http://www.viddler.com/v/cc9dd300

As you can tell by the video, it seriously freaked me out. :p

That's odd, I'm a Prime member but didn't get that option. Oh we'll, not like I'd have time to play tomorrow.

In Northern CA, it cost me $4~5 for the option (prime). I think Amazon ships from Reno. If it wasn't clear, I did have to pay a little extra for it. When I made my purchase it told me it would arrive the 2nd, but later it updated and said I would get it the 1st.

SenkiDala

Don't hurry to much to buy it... I bought it and it's a pretty lame version. :(

Why that? First the framerate, beetween 15 or 20 fps, and second, there are plenty of bugs.

2 pictures I took yesterday (it's a PAL version btw, and I'm French, so it's why the text in the pictures is in french):
5792ce35fa07884dc50f2794c9948.jpg

8494dcce518055a72f516c261c0f4.jpg

The shop menu is always like that... The menu of ALL shops, not just one.

Also (but you might not care about that), the French translation is awful, the subtitles too, there is many mistakes like "Ç" in the word "Ça" (That) become "É" so "Éa"... Many letters change, everytime there is an accent mark...

So it's pretty boring, and we're hoping for a patch, SOON.

And that's too bad, because despite of that the game is awesome, so it diserves better...

Anyway, maybe there is no such problems on the US version, I don't know. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post what you found. Seems like a lot of the talk about the issues is from those nervously anticipating the NA version. But those with the PAL version have to live with the PAL version (for now). : ( Sucks, guys. Hopefully you can get it patched soon (although I suppose they aren't going to "patch" in a competent French version).

When this kind of thing happens do you just switch to English?

UK version is fine. Well, framerate sucks, but I figure that's just because this game is technically garbage and always has been.

Haven't seen any bugs, though.

Top Bottom