• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |OT| Day One, there's no but. So says Mr. Stewart.

Persona7

Banned
Anyone got an idea of how to get DLC content ( I installed the transporter pack, can't find the cars), checked out the sarg...I mean generals shop but not there.

What I would do for this game to be on the PC were I can just power my way to 1080p and 60 fps.

I mean even for a console game it shouldn't be this bad.

All the annoyance I get from the graphics and performance do go away once I start interacting with the folks though, really does have a great story, characters and dialogue.

from a earlier post in here

the game is playable

for the most part the framerate is probably comparable to an assassins creed game

if anyone is wondering how to get the DLC cars you have to use your unlimited flare in the items menu. to change the car you have to go to the main menu and choose ''add ons'' from there you can choose what car the flare calls

Jenga

Banned
NA PSN version is still a go right? Was gonna order from Amazon but then I remembered we live in the DD age

Persona7

Banned
Did anyone get a pre order call from gamestop? I totally forgot and did not get the call. I should have called the store earlier. I doubt Target or Walmart right next to gamestop would have it day one.

Store locator is active but there is no stock within 100 miles. Not sure if it updates at a certain time.

Did anyone get a pre order call from gamestop? I totally forgot and did not get the call. I should have called the store earlier. I doubt Target or Walmart right next to gamestop would have it day one.

Store locator is active but there is no stock within 100 miles. Not sure if it updates at a certain time.
No, I didn't get a call from GS. I haven't pre-ordered from them in ages, so maybe they don't call anymore?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

I decided to call Gamestop to inquire about my preorder and was told that the game doesn't release until May 2nd. I imagine they'll call tomorrow.

arttq

I got my pal copy today and just tested it for a while. Not gonna play it for a while hoping there is a patch coming (game is just technical mess).

Necrovex

Today is the ship date. Gamestop won't receive their copies until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm still not sure if I will pick up my pre-order, or transfer that money to Last of Us. I want to see the patch first. I cannot stand echoing sounds.

Today is the ship date. Gamestop won't receive their copies until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm still not sure if I will pick up my pre-order, or transfer that money to Last of Us. I want to see the patch first. I cannot stand echoing sounds.

A Thursday retail release? Weird.

I was really hoping to be able to play this tonight.

Bittercup

My copy arrived today :) Graphics are a bit better than expected and performance while indeed not good, at least on a playable level as far as I have played it. Only the red room felt very choppy.

Just a quick question: Is profiling some kind of mini game? There was a timer to press X and the profiling sequence starts with some images flashing and that's it. Did I miss anything, like should I press buttons to do something? Or is this just an automatic sequence?

arttq

My copy arrived today :) Graphics are a bit better than expected and performance while indeed not good, at least on a playable level as far as I have played it. Only the red room felt very choppy.

Just a quick question: Is profiling some kind of mini game? There was a timer to press X and the profiling sequence starts with some images flashing and that's it. Did I miss anything, like should I press buttons to do something? Or is this just an automatic sequence?

There is no minigame in profiling. Just revealing flashes about the case.

LProtag

My Amazon order hasn't started processing yet, but says it will be delivered May 2nd. I can't get it elsewhere as I have to use Amazon credit as I'm broke.

Samus4145

Anyone else notice the blood splatter on the box art covers up the Move circle and parts of the logo on the front and spine?

Persona7

Banned
Yeah , it seems that is what happened. I have to wait until 11am to call , I don't know if I will drive over there. Knowing my luck they will probably sell my pre-order.

I remember getting a call for Anarchy Reigns and that was available on the tuesday it came out.

HARRY STEWART IN THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSE

I CAN'T HANDLE HIS FLOW

larry-david.gif

Bittercup

when will be release the patch? Tomorrow? With the simultaneous release of digital version?
As far as I know no patch was officially announced. People just speculate that there might be one due to the technical issues the game has and the delayed release of the EU PSN version.
But for now, no one knows when or even if a patch will be released.

Necrovex

As far as I know no patch was officially announced. People just speculate that there might be one due to the technical issues the game has and the delayed release of the EU PSN version.
But for now, no one knows when or even if a patch will be released.

No patch means I'll be waiting for this game to hit the bargain bin. :-(

Guri

Sorry if someone said this before, but I have little to no time now to search. Is this going to be available today on PSN US? Or tomorrow? And is there a specific hour?

SmithnCo

Sorry if someone said this before, but I have little to no time now to search. Is this going to be available today on PSN US? Or tomorrow? And is there a specific hour?

Yep, should be day-one digital. Available when they feel like updating, probably.

SkylineRKR

I think its delusional to think there will be a 'fixed' version or a patch coming through. The performance is just mediocre, just as Red Seeds Profile supposedly was. Its at its core a bad 360 port like Bayonetta was. The wish is father to the thought.

I'll gladly eat crow if I will receive some sort of magic patch that upgrades the performance of my copy, but I don't expect it at all. I beat the game anyway, the performance didn't bother me tbh.

Laranja

I think its delusional to think there will be a 'fixed' version or a patch coming through. The performance is just mediocre, just as Red Seeds Profile supposedly was. Its at its core a bad 360 port like Bayonetta was. The wish is father to the thought.

I'll gladly eat crow if will receive some sort of magic patch that upgrades the performance of my copy, but I don't expect it at all. I beat the game anyway, the performance didn't bother me tbh.

Why the delay, then? Not saying you're wrong, but there has to be a reason to delay the game, no?

Also, my play-asia order now says it'll be shipping sometime in May... There goes any hope of the game arriving in time for my birthday. :(

SkylineRKR

I think its delusional to think there will be a 'fixed' version or a patch coming through. The performance is just mediocre, just as Red Seeds Profile Ps3 supposedly was. For Directors Cut they clearly took the Ps3 version of RSP, added some stuff and increased its resolution. Thats why DC still has the same framerate and sound issues as RSP.

I'll gladly eat crow if will receive some sort of magic patch that upgrades the performance of my copy, but I don't expect it at all. I beat the game anyway, the performance didn't bother me tbh.

Apparently it's similar to the implementation in Resi 4 on Wii, if that helps.

Here's the opening 25 minutes, too - for those who might be interested :)

http://youtu.be/H2mBOHYv5-Q

The new can of pickles look so good!

Yeah , it seems that is what happened. I have to wait until 11am to call , I don't know if I will drive over there. Knowing my luck they will probably sell my pre-order.

I remember getting a call for Anarchy Reigns and that was available on the tuesday it came out.

Damn it, at least there's Soul Sacrifice to play.

Well Shit I never got to pre-order it so I hope I can dig up a copy today from a Gamestop. It feels wierd... I never got a chance to play this and I've always wanted to but I have seen two endurance runs and pretty much all of the spoilers. Still looking forwar to it.

Locke_211

Loving this game so far. After about 5 hours I'm only heading to the hospital. I'm addicted to finding side-quests.

I've not found that many, yet, though I guess a lot of the buildings open at night? It's a little annoying when the map says people are at home, but when you drive over to meet them the place is all shut up.

Persona7

Banned
I called and the lady said to call back at 1PM and if they don't get the shipment today then 1PM tomorrow. She said the shipment is incoming from late last night.

The amount of shit I'm finding to do in this game so far is crazy. Can't believe the Giant Bomb guys just rushed from sidequest to sidequest.

...Well, I can, but it's dumb.

Loving this game so far. After about 5 hours I'm only heading to the hospital. I'm addicted to finding side-quests.

I've not found that many, yet, though I guess a lot of the buildings open at night? It's a little annoying when the map says people are at home, but when you drive over to meet them the place is all shut up.

If you go onto the map and press R1 it will give you a list of sidequests, who you get them from and what chapters they're available. It doesn't tell you the time/weather they're available in though

Locke_211

If you go onto the map and press R1 it will give you a list of sidequests, who you get them from and what chapters they're available. It doesn't tell you the time/weather they're available in though

Yeah I found that list but it wasn't entirely helpful. In chapter 2 I should be able to get one from Beth. I kept speaking to her at her house, but she wouldn't offer me anything. I guess it requires a different weather or time.

Top Bottom