• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |OT| Day One, there's no but. So says Mr. Stewart.

TripleSun

My Amazon copy arrived today. Apparently it was dropped off down the street from me and a nice lady returned it. God, I was so angry. I was so close to not even getting it and I had told them the right address.

Played the prologue using move, it works really well and I'll play the entirety of the game with it. It's such an amazing feeling being able to pop off one headshot after another without lock-on with memory of the 360 version firmly implanted. One of the other posters mentioned he didn't like camera movement also being handled with it but that's something that's never bothered me with motion controls. In any case, if you've got a move I recommend it!

The echo is really annoying though, and it's there most of the time if not always. Framerate is a bit rough but it's playable, the echo is what will grind on my gears if it isn't patched.

Edit: One thing I noticed though that I don't think anyone else has mentioned, were the images in the profiling sequences always rendered in a Dos eque manner? It's odd, they're made up of giant pixels.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
anybody notice this visual "glitch" I've noticed?
I've noticed it with this game and Pandora's tower. Only these two games. It's like two very faint screen tearing lines but it's not random and always in the same spot (one line across center of screen, one line vertical meeting in direct center). What kind of visual glitch is this? some form of screen tearing? it's most noticeable in cutscenes and on darker/greyish colors. It's def not my TV (which is fairly new) as when I change the screen positon to off center, the lines follow suit .....
anybody else noticed?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What? why? wasn't there someone to receive it or they just didn't bother?

Amazon used a new delivery service I have never heard of called Lasership. They said delivered and left at front porch. I have never allowed shipping services to do this. I don't know why they got the idea it'd be ok.

Anyway, I called them and they insist it was delivered to the proper address. So..they are going to help me go through Amazon and get a refund but I just want my damn game.

Don't use garbage services like this, Amazon. I pay for Prime. Don't be cheap.

anybody notice this visual "glitch" I've noticed?
I've noticed it with this game and Pandora's tower. Only these two games. It's like two very faint screen tearing lines but it's not random and always in the same spot (one line across center of screen, one line vertical meeting in direct center). What kind of visual glitch is this? some form of screen tearing? it's most noticeable in cutscenes and on darker/greyish colors. It's def not my TV (which is fairly new) as when I change the screen positon to off center, the lines follow suit .....
anybody else noticed?

I've noticed this as well. The vertical one stands out more to me during gameplay, but the horizontal one was extremely visible in the Agent York intro cutscene.

And that sucks, Kev. Hope you're able to get a copy soon.

vocab

Mine was left at the bottom of my steps from my front door. Wtf. It was outside for like 8 hours. why didnt they put it in the door?

about how long does this game take to beat (the original, as that's the one I'm very close to finally starting in a few minutes)?

jgminto

about how long does this game take to beat (the original, as that's the one I'm very close to finally starting in a few minutes)?

If you're trying to do all or most of the sidequests and explore it'll be around 20-30 hours. I think my very first playthrough was 30.

SmithnCo

Amazon used a new delivery service I have never heard of called Lasership. They said delivered and left at front porch. I have never allowed shipping services to do this. I don't know why they got the idea it'd be ok.

Anyway, I called them and they insist it was delivered to the proper address. So..they are going to help me go through Amazon and get a refund but I just want my damn game.

lol Lasership, they are notoriously sucky.

Took me 20-something hours to complete on Xbox. I completed probably around half of the side quests, and collected about the same of trading cards. On PS3 I'm gonna try for 100%, but this unimproved in-game map may change that.

Very odd, in the hotel there's a constant audio feedback that plays over both the gameplay and cutscenes. Is that suppose to be a air conditioner or something?

Persona86

Banned
My Amazon copy arrived today. Apparently it was dropped off down the street from me and a nice lady returned it. God, I was so angry. I was so close to not even getting it and I had told them the right address.

Once I got a package that I didn't check properly. When I looked at it, the number AND street address was totally wrong. How is it even possible to make such a mistake? Amazing.

Anyway like that lady I went to give it to the right address. :)

RangerBAD

That's messed up.

Persona86

Banned

Mine was left at the bottom of my steps from my front door. Wtf. It was outside for like 8 hours. why didnt they put it in the door?

Don't you guys have a letterbox on the door?

Got my copy at EB Games today. Still had a couple on the shelf. Don't think I'll get to it for a little bit but with the game proving to be a bit hard to find I figured I'd grab it now.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I've noticed this as well. The vertical one stands out more to me during gameplay, but the horizontal one was extremely visible in the Agent York intro cutscene.

that's exactly it! the horizontal one is more visible in cutscenes and the vertical one more in gameplay. at least it's not just my copy....

Pikma

Banned

You know what, going by my experiences Amazon has been dropping in quality a lot for a while now, not sure if that's because they've already won their market and don't give two shits about this kind of things now, but they used to be flawless imo, now? not so much.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know what, going by my experiences Amazon has been dropping in quality a lot for a while now, not sure if that's because they've already won their market and don't give two shits about this kind of things now, but they used to be flawless imo, now? not so much.

They're barely doing release date delivery anymore too. Don't understand it because they need quality more than ever considering they will be charging sales tax soon.

Shoyz

I ordered Soul Sacrifice with Amazon recently using prime for the first time due to having awful times with them every time before-hand (too slow with free shipping, or redundant $17 one-day shipping from only a few hours away). Slow on release day due to UPS speeds, but it was very surprisingly delivered in a large cardboard box full of air bags. Very peculiar.

Free shipping + No tax is the only reason I keep coming, though.

Yuterald

Oh my god, lol, so I pop the game and I receive this message...

Game data is not compatible. Please exit to XMB and delete existing game data.

Am I unable to launch this version because I have Red Seeds Profile game data on my system? lol!

Oh my god, lol, so I pop the game and I receive this message...

Game data is not compatible. Please exit to XMB and delete existing game data.

Am I unable to launch this version because I have Red Seeds Profile game data on my system? lol!

I think there was a issue if you downloaded pre-order dlc before installing the game. Otherwise, perhaps it is what you said. Would be crazy.

How do I unlock the new costumes in the PS3 version? And the outfits for the residents?

Edit: Woah, Quint sometimes stays over at Sallie's house. It was always implied but I never knew they'd actually have that attention to detail. Need to lurk inside more people's houses :D

Edit: 2 Woah, was standing outside the milk barn smoking a cigarette to pass the time and
The skies turned red and the dead walked the street. Didn't know that happened before the end of the game, guess there was a light drizzle while I was smoking

Edit 3:
What the fuck, why is there a giant zombie dog with red eyes chasing me on foot and in my car. I don't remember this in the 360 version ;-;

Edit 3:
What the fuck, why is there a giant zombie dog with red eyes chasing me on foot and in my car. I don't remember this in the 360 version ;-;

That did happen as well on 360. I remember that lol. My PS3 copy is from the psn store and the frame rate issues don't bother me, its the stuttering during talking in cutscenes with both the animations and the sounds dropping out. It's really distracting. Is this occurring for anyone else?

That did happen as well on 360. I remember that lol. My PS3 copy is from the psn store and the frame rate issues don't bother me, its the stuttering during talking in cutscenes with both the animations and the sounds dropping out. It's really distracting. Is this occurring for anyone else?

Ya, it happens from time to time but not always.

Potential bug, the puzzles in the milk barn no longer use the overhead view which is rather frustrating as you can imagine. I say bug because it shows the overhead view for half a second before going back to the shoulder view.

Even with some of these issues this is the version to get, it plays so much better. I struggled to get through the 360 version at all times, now I'm honestly enjoying my time going through the game. A patch to fix the echo and framerate/stutter issues would make this one of my favorite games of the gen.

I looked at some of the footage on your stream. Is the lip sync issues on your end or is that the game?

If I remember correctly the lip synch wasn't great on the original game either.

Even with some of these issues this is the version to get, it plays so much better. I struggled to get through the 360 version at all times, now I'm honestly enjoying my time going through the game. A patch to fix the echo and framerate/stutter issues would make this one of my favorite games of the gen.

Yeah I do love the subtle tweaks. Just hope they can patch it to fix the other nagging issues. Such good memories of this game though. Can't wait to play it through more again. It's been so long.

SmithnCo

Ya, it happens from time to time but not always.

Potential bug, the puzzles in the milk barn no longer use the overhead view which is rather frustrating as you can imagine. I say bug because it shows the overhead view for half a second before going back to the shoulder view.

My favorite part is this version ditched the ugly filter. Looks a lot better without it.

Yeah, the Milk Barn quests had a different camera angle for some reason. Luckily they are all pretty easy.

TripleSun

Mine appeared at someone else's porch. I was so fucking pissed..

fvng

Been waiting years to play this game, certainly living up to the expectations I had.

Tumblr collection of Twin Peaks Coffee Gifs/JPGs, have fun

tumblr_ltrm0841iv1qbvx0xo1_400.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
5 more hours till I can play the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really do have to throw in my copy of Red Seeds Profile PS3 again, because I don't remember the framerate being this iffy in that version.

I'll check tomorrow and see, but I was a little surprised when I did the prologue and it was so... odd. Also, it took me a while to get used to the controls since I was so used to the old setup, haha. Yes, this game is basically on Easy Mode or a smidge over that. Enemies go down really quickly here.

Persona7

Banned
This looks so much better without that graphical filter. The sound echoing is pissing me off though. It is terrible through headphones.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I really do have to throw in my copy of Red Seeds Profile PS3 again, because I don't remember the framerate being this iffy in that version.

I'll check tomorrow and see, but I was a little surprised when I did the prologue and it was so... odd. Also, it took me a while to get used to the controls since I was so used to the old setup, haha. Yes, this game is basically on Easy Mode or a smidge over that. Enemies go down really quickly here.

Goal: Platinum it before Dark Schala

Top Bottom