• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

randomwab

ScHlAuChi said:
What was the reason behind regionlocking this?
Us poor Euros would have imported it like crazy!

Look at Demons Souls!

Is the Asia PS3 version worth to get?

English voices but no subtitles. I was planning to import but held off in the end.

soco

so how hard is hard mode?

is it something that's best done as a second playthrough or could you finish it on the first?

Sad_Panda

So, uh, about Sidequest #50 : I must be blind and dumb, but I can't find a way to get near Brian's house. Francis says the main gate is closed off with barbed wire and thus, can't get in. Should I wait 'till a specific time of the day ?

Also, I hate Cold Pot 5 with a passion. Is it even worth it ?

Patryn

Sad_Panda said:
So, uh, about Sidequest #50 : I must be blind and dumb, but I can't find a way to get near Brian's house. Francis says the main gate is closed off with barbed wire and thus, can't get in. Should I wait 'till a specific time of the day ?

Also, I hate Cold Pot 5 with a passion. Is it even worth it ?

Yay! I'm not the only one who didn't notice it.

Look just to the right of the gate that's closed off.

Sad_Panda

....wow, how could I miss the other gate ? :lol Thanks, got the
Infinite Wesley Special
, which should come in handy for those tedious dungeons.

Currently trying to round up the sidequests, and man, while they flesh out the townspeople in a nice way and aren't usually that long/hard to complete, some of those are really confusing and obtuse. For example, regarding the one where you're supposed to meet
Carol at Anna's Tree
, the sidequest description tells you to go at that place in the early afternoon...fine, except
Carol
won't show up until 16:15/30. How the fuck is 16:30 "early afternoon" ? Dunno if it's a mistranslation or just poorly worded, but it sure was annoying.

Game is pretty amazing overall, but it has a few serious flaws.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Say I have only gotten to the season two premiere of Twin Peaks, would I still be able to play the beginning of the game and appreciate it entirely?

Don't see why not. For all that's been made about the Twin Peaks influence, Deadly Premonition is not a remake of that show or any of its episodes even if it does share intentional similarities and more than a little bit of overt Lynch worship.

Sanic

After reading through this thread and elsewhere, I decided to purchase DP and I must say that I am not at all disappointed :lol. I've had a few laugh out loud moments already, It's worth it for the writing alone.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I plan on getting this in a week or so when I'm done with Alan Wake.
It looks good for a laugh and the simulation stuff sounds interesting, like fishing and peeping in the windows to people's homes.
It'll be the first game that I've bought purely on GAF recommendation but @ $20 it's little risk.

usa or euro ps3 version pleaseeee

i don't understand why they don't release it.. they hate money ? it could easy sell more than 50.000 copies in the usa..

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm confused...

I'm in the art gallery with the freaky tree with hands coming out of it. Purple gas is emitted into the room, and I don't know what to. There are pictures with apples that you can observe and a picture in front of a door which he says doesn't look natural but I dont know what to do. Please help!

Edit: Just noticed there were things growing on the tree. :lol

Ricker

What the hell is this errror 503,Guru meditation thing all of a sudden here hehe....err sorry...

Anyway,I rented this last week,just to make sure and although I kinda liked it up to the part I played,I was excpectiing a bit more after all the praises hehe...I stopped just before having to go to the city hall where blondie was suppose to gather everyone from the town to a meeting...to kill time,I tried that race and never was able to do it...since the game is cheap though,I liked it enough to probably buy it at some point and try and finish it...just no more racing for me :lol

soco

i just finished this earlier this week and it's such an awesome game.

i kinda wish they had access to the alan wake engine for their next game as it's pretty much what alan wake wanted to be in so many areas.

randomwab

denomes said:
What were Swery's other games again? I know one is Spy Fiction, but what's the other, if there is one?

Access Games only other title was Spy Fiction. However, the core members of the team came from DeepSpace, the guys who made Extermination for the PS2.

Hope that HMV page is true. It's been up on their site for months, but the update including a price and publisher makes me hopeful. And aren't mastertronic a business partner of RisingStar Games? :D

This news comes just as I'm hitting my 35th hour in my import PS3 copy. :lol

well I beat it,

I hated the ending, I hated that Emily died, even worse she looked like she got raped by kaysans fat ass or fisted with red seeds.. but I figured they would probably kill her off because because its the "edgy" thing to do, hoped they wouldn't and was disappointed. I guess its because by the end of the games the characters through their weirdness actually became people you got attached to. And it would have been a nice hollywood happy ending for the two be happily ever after (and no a "released split personality" and dead spirits dont get married in tree heaven and and finally get to kiss in diner purgatory either :lol) so that little "happy ending" doesn't cut it....

Which basically segues into my next point I could have also done without all the weird ass sci fi stuff about 3/5's through the game, (yeah I know york sees dead people, but you could just use that hes fucking INSANE as an excuse and none of that stuff "really" happened), and they could have kept it a nice thriller style game yet still grounded in reality, instead I got a major Indigo Prophecy level disappointment from about 3/5's through the game and on, starts when George turns into super saiyan ax throwing Blanka, and just goes downhill (while raping and then killing Emily, so she...doesnt become a tree....), turning into "zach", and ending with an intergalactic fight with a 200 foot tall demon in overalls.

The last few chapters left me just snearing at the tv and rolling my eyes, as every edgy overblown cliche tried their hardest to ruin what had been an awesome game. And after the ending I just wanted to throw something through my tv, it just felt very unsatisfying, everyones dead, york/zach are like oh well lol, and its over. Thats it? thats IT?!...ugh

Had the game kept up its beginning throughout it would be a 10, but they just had to go "video game whacky" on us, in a bad way leading into the end and Id give it a 7 after beating it

Feindflug

chandoog said:
The listing isn't there anymore :(

FUCK

Yeah noticed that too. :(

The game looks really interesting and all the love here in gaf makes me wanna play the damn game...hopefully we'll see a PAL release til the end of the year - do you read Rising Star?

LiK

finished it today. LOVED IT. the story and characters really surprised me. some of the best writing i've seen in a game this year. really enjoyed the growing relationships too. great twists and turns that kept me on edge. good stuff. such a shame that the graphics and controls weren't better. i bet many people will ignore it from first impressions.

anyways, i'm definitely a Deadly Premonition defender now. :D

trejo

Deadly Premonition is, honest to god, one of the best games I've played this year. Parts of Alan Wake felt so inferior to me in comparison it's not even funny.

Sure, DP's graphics are subpar and the controls are ass. But dammit all if it's not the most fun I've had with a videogame in a while.

HiResDes

Pandoracell said:
After reading through this thread and elsewhere, I decided to purchase DP and I must say that I am not at all disappointed :lol. I've had a few laugh out loud moments already, It's worth it for the writing alone.
It just gets funnier and funnier...And it becomes more apparent that the developer is in on all of the jokes.

JEKKI

whooo! I beat it!!

got damn man took like 2 months!! those final chapters are over in a minute compared to the whole game before it :lol

other than that, awesome game!! second only to bayonetta this year so far for me.

Top Bottom