• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

bon

Just started this. Soo I guess I have like 6 hours of free time before I have to go to a town meeting. Is there anything in particular I should be doing, or should I just sleep until it's time to go? I've just been driving around randomly picking up cards and doing races.

Minamu

Melee attacks after running past her wall attack thing. Just run back and forth. Thank you Giant Bomb. It only took like 50 episodes before they got the hang of it :lol

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. All I can say is about frigging time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Congrats Euro-GAF, you will soon understand the power of the coffee.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Aske said:
I just finished Episode 2. Am I nearly done?
Not even close. :lol

If you just want to see the story, watch the Giantbomb Endurance Run. Though they don't go through all the side stuff.

Aske

XiaNaphryz said:
Not even close. :lol

If you just want to see the story, watch the Giantbomb Endurance Run. Though they don't go through all the side stuff.

Diane just died, I had a drink with George, and York told Emily about Zach.
Figured there wasn't much more to do, but if there's still a lot left I think I'm giving up. I only rented, so it's not a huge deal. Thought I'd enjoy it from the impressions, but the interesting stuff doesn't outweigh the tedium of actually playing. I'd totally watch this if it was a TV show, but it's just too ropey for me to get into as a game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
LiK said:
Huh, I told Swery about the Germany ratings/European release news and he had no clue about it.

He's just a developer, isn't it ultimately up to the publisher whether or not a game makes it overseas?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Aske said:
I'd totally watch this if it was a TV show, but it's just too ropey for me to get into as a game.
Again, just go watch the ER over at Giantbomb. You can then just skip past the game parts.

LiK

Pankaks said:
He's just a developer, isn't it ultimately up to the publisher whether or not a game makes it overseas?

true, but i thought he would have known somehow. well, he knows now, lol.

Xater

Again no PS3 version? :(

Rising Star probably only bought the rights for the translation from Ignition and didn't want to invest any real money.

Xater said:
Again no PS3 version? :(

Rising Star probably only bought the rights for the translation from Ignition and didn't want to invest any real money.
To be honest the PS3 version is more hassle than it's worth, it's not just a case of translation, the game has a lot of slowdown and stuttering that would need sorting out plus it's far more prone to crashing.

I can't see they would recover the costs, especially not at the £20 budget price it seems this will be selling for.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If that's true (no US release), guess I have to import.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Rising Star Games twitter is doing even more mad teases at the game right now :lol

Come on official announcement !

Pooya

chandoog said:
The Rising Star Games twitter is doing even more mad teases at the game right now :lol

Come on official announcement !
Somebody tell these guys to bring DeathSmiles to EU too ;_;

Just finished the lumber yard and decided to smoke to pass time until the public center opened up when enemies started appearing everywhere. What do I do?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone checked out the Deadly Premonition feature in the August issue of Game Developer Magazine ?

Kafel

Banned
1008_gdmag_cover_576x780.jpg

Quite strange to see this game featured and even take the cover of this magazine, yeah.

Top Bottom