• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Im one hour in this game.... so far... weird, bad graphics... though the coffee thing is funny :/

lets see how good it gets, oh also the conversations while driving made me smile

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
For those familiar with their past work, has Rising Star Games ever tweaked games when bringing to Europe ? because if it ain't too much to ask for I really hope they do something with the mapping system.

Goldrusher

Bad news for PS3...

Rising Star Games said:
Thanks for your email and your interest in Deadly Premonition.

That seems to be a mistake on the Game website.

We only have rights to publish the Xbox 360 version.

(excerpt of a reply to an e-mail I sent)

adamsapple

Pooya

1008_gdmag_cover_576x780.jpg

Highlights: Behind The Scenes of Deadly Premonition

^ some stuff from the article on gamedeveloper magazine, there are spoilers in there so I didn't read it, you've been warned!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I just finished the game, just amazing!

who cant play the game due to the graphics and controls is just missing out a great geme, with much more fun and plot than many of the "triple A" titles out there

buy it!! so says M. Stewart

Carnby

OMG Aero said:
Isn't the PS3 version region free anyway?

yes. but get tricked into buying it like i did. the game has english voice acting, but the text is japanese. it does come with a fold out that explains what the japanese characters translate to english.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just started playing this game some more. Trying to do some sidequests now.

Question: Say there is a deadline to be somewhere (ex. 9:00-15:00), if I don't get there on time, what happens? I want to finish a bunch of the sidequests but I don't want the story to move on yet.

Marvie_3 said:
Just started playing this game some more. Trying to do some sidequests now.

Question: Say there is a deadline to be somewhere (ex. 9:00-15:00), if I don't get there on time, what happens? I want to finish a bunch of the sidequests but I don't want the story to move on yet.
If you miss the deadline you can complete it the next "day".

Turnstyle

Any news on a Europe/UK release date? The retailers were originally saying September, but that was denied and then it went all quiet.

I've had this on pre-order since it turned up on Play!

adamsapple

Turnstyle said:
Any news on a Europe/UK release date? The retailers were originally saying September, but that was denied and then it went all quiet.

I've had this on pre-order since it turned up on Play!

They're maintaining an "Autumn" this year without having an actual release date so far, what months come under Autumn again ?

25fj1vm.jpg

well at least it's better than the US box art.

chandoog said:
They're maintaining an "Autumn" this year without having an actual release date so far, what months come under Autumn again ?
Typically it's September, October and November.

Love the Destructoid quote on the front, not quite sure the average consumer will be too happy with Destructoid when they buy it expecting some ultra-budget epic and end up with a no-budget cult title from a tiny Japanese company.

panda21

Turnstyle said:
Received an order update from Play, saying that release date has been moved to the 24th of September. We'll see...

just got round to trying to order this on amazon thinking it was being released this friday.

both play and amazon now say october 15

:|

panda21 said:
just got round to trying to order this on amazon thinking it was being released this friday.

both play and amazon now say october 15

:|

same from game.co.uk
today they emailed me, the release date has been shifted to october 15

Otacon

has it been delayed again?
just received a mail from amazon.co.uk
"Estimated arrival date: November 01 2010 - November 02 2010"
game.co.uk still lists it as Oct 15th, though

i really hope it still come out this year in Europe =/

Turnstyle

Is this thing ever going to come out in the UK!?!? Retailers keep pushing their dates back.

I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a bit longer. Be nice if it came out this year though!?!?

Top Bottom