• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remastered | Review Thread

KaiserBecks

Does any review mention difficulty settings? Couple of weeks ago, when the previews dropped, some people complained about the game being too easy / having faster progression.
I was hoping this was done specifically for the preview version or that they would simply add a hard mode in the final build.
To answer my own question: It doesn’t have difficulty settings. Played it for two hours last night and reached lvl 10. Progression is way faster because you seem to get more PP from taking pictures.

They didn’t change the damage you take from zombies though. You still die incredibly fast if there’s too many Zombies around (especially at night when they’re more aggressive) and move through areas with fewer or better hidden food items. Got also killed by the convicts because I wasn’t equipped enough to fight them yet. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell ♥️

rkofan87

Gold Member
It's less "woke" than it is a product of a company they partner with to make sure games they make are more appealing to China. Suddenly all the weird changes they made make sense.

EDIT: The Vietnam and Communist dialog changes align with it too when you know about their involvement with training and supplying Vietcong, removal of erotica and other stuff in Asian countries they're selling in for the first time.
dam you winnie the pooh.
why not make a china one and one for the rest of us?

rkofan87

Gold Member
Yeah, im good. Glad others are excited tho. Between the eye rolling censorship decisions, the UGLY af changes to frank... pass.

My backlog and wallet thanks me xD
same happy for the fans that do not give a shit about the censorship but its just to much for me.

MMaRsu

Removed Erotica bonus points from photo's (removed the Erotica feature entirely), the Butcher was Asian but now he's a white guy, the Vietnam PTSD veteran has had all references to Vietnam removed, less zombies, Non functioning mirrors. Removed original voice actors..

REMOVED THE NEWS TICKER AT THE BOTTOM O_O

Yeah right, get real Capcom

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Censorship aside (and yes, it's annoying enough that I won't buy the game), it does feel like they scrubbed a lot of the personality of the original game clean. Little nips and tucks here and there that, on their own, don't mean much... but the rough charm of the original seems absent. I haven't played Dead Rising since it first came out and I don't remember it being a great game... but this remaster does make me want to go revisit the original.

Which I think is the exact opposite effect that a re-release is supposed to have for a company in the business of selling video games.

DavidGzz

I'm trying to talk myself into getting it, but it looks old. Even with the new graphics, in motion the gameplay looks like I remember it from back in the day. I might just wait until I see some good mods to get rid of some of the annoyances like inventory limit, slow running, squishy survivors, etc.

MiguelItUp

Installing now and looking forward to getting into it. The original is the main reason I wanted a 360, so, it'll be cool to check it out again. Whatever changes were made really don't bother me in the slightest, the core game is all still there, and that's what matters most to me.

Watching a streamer play and I'm surprised they didn't censor/remove all the suicidal stuff in the game. I'd think suicidal imagery is more harmful for the modern audience than taking an upskirt photo, but what do I know?

Top Bottom